    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2013

      Friday, July 26, 2013 Issue #3972

      Nothing to say todayŠhave a great weekend!

      > MADISON SQUARE GARDEN GIVEN 10 MORE YEARS TO MOVE OUT
      - The world's most famous arena and the mecca of professional wrestling -
      Madison Square Garden - will have to move by 2023 as the New York City
      Council notified the arena that it has 10 years to vacate its 45-year-old
      premises. City officials are planning to expand Penn Station and MSG sits
      right on top, blocking any future expansion plans. This would be Madison
      Square Garden's fifth move believe it or not since it opened in 1879. MSG
      officials will be completing an almost $1 billion overhaul of the building
      by fall of this year, an overhaul which will only have a 10 year life. WWE
      has a very long history at The Garden and the location was chosen as the
      host of the first WrestleMania in 1985. Two other WrestleManias - 10 and
      20 - were hosted at MSG as well and countless non-televised live events,
      RAW, and Smackdown, and other pay-per-views were also held at MSG over the
      past several decades.

      > DIXIE CARTER WRITES A MESSAGE TO FANS
      - TNA President Dixie Carter wrote a message to fans which was posted on
      the ImpactWrestling.com website to address the recent events and changes
      within the company. "In the 11+ years that I have been with TNA, I am
      still amazed by the passion of pro wrestling fans. That passion ­ both
      positive and negative ­ is remarkable and something that all of us at TNA
      values," Carter wrote, adding that starting from next Thursday, each week,
      she will answer the "legitimate" questions from the #AskDixie Twitter
      sessions. She did say that she will "not, however, address outrageous or
      hurtful questions/posts," referring to the tons of funny questions that
      fans asked. Carter addressed the recent changes in PPV business as well as
      taking Impact on the road as well as the "recent roster changes" without
      pinpointing anyone. "Releasing talent is never easy ­ not for you and not
      for us. But, bringing in fresh faces and the best wrestling talent in the
      world is what you expect, and what TNA will always strive to deliver,"
      Carter wrote. You can read Dixie Carter's full message at
      http://bit.ly/1c6bYyf.

      > WM 29: TELEVISION PREMIERE TO AIR ON AUGUST 3
      - WWE issued a press release today announcing that WrestleMania 29: The
      World Television Premiere will air on Saturday, August 3, at 9PM EST on
      NBC. This is the fifth time in a row that WWE will air segments of
      WrestleMania on free TV on NBC thanks to a partnership between the two
      companies. The show will have the main event - featuring The Rock vs John
      Cena for the WWE title - in its entirety as well as a recap of the other
      matches and events that happened during WrestleMania week.

      > BOOKER T HONORED BY CITY OF HOUSTON
      - Booker T was honored by the City of Houston yesterday before the
      Smackdown tapings at the Toyota Center with July 25, 2013, officially
      designated as "Booker T. Day." The WWE Hall of Famer was presented with an
      official proclamation from the City of Houston outside of the Toyota
      Center during a 10 minute ceremony. WWE announcer Michael Cole hosted the
      small ceremony and talked about his success in pro wrestling and his work
      in Houston before introducing his friend. Booker T then gave a small
      speech thanking the fans before everyone was allowed in for the Smackdown
      tapings.

      > FIGHT BREAKS OUT AT RAW TAPINGS
      - The Laredo FOX affiliate FOX39 is reporting that a brawl broke out in
      the stands at the RAW tapings on Tuesday at the Laredo Energy Arena. A
      police report says that the fight started when a child walked in front of
      another family several times, stepping on them repeatedly. After the
      father of the seated family drew the attention of the child's parents
      about it, the conversation escalated and a fight started. Two other family
      members from the child's side assaulted the father of the seated family,
      leaving him unconscious. Paramedics were called to the scene and
      transported the victim to the hospital. No arrests have been made as the
      victim has not filed formal charges.