    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2013

      Sunday, July 21, 2013 Issue #3969

      Managed to get what it seems to be one of the last few tickets for the RAW
      tapings in Manchester, England in November. Probably worst seats in the
      house, hanging from the raftersŠbut I was going to be in the area to see
      Manchester United play and I figured I can extend an extra day to attend
      the tapings! I remember I used to attend most of the UK shows back in the
      late 90's before I upgraded from going to non-televised or UK only PPVs to
      WrestleMania. Good memories.

      > THE MIZ TO HOST SUMMERSLAM
      - Former WWE champion The Miz announced at the San Diego Comic Con that he
      will be hosting this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view from Los Angeles,
      California. It is still not clear what he means by "hosting" and what his
      duties will be but it's safe to say that The Miz will not be wrestling on
      the show. SummerSlam is once again being held at the STAPLES Center for
      the fifth time in a row as WWE continues its plan to have it's "biggest
      party of the Summer" to be a glitzy event with parties and other
      charitable events hosted in the area and attended by several Hollywood
      superstars.

      > WARRIOR IN FIRST WWE INTERVIEW IN 15 YEARS
      - In his first WWE official interview in fifteen years, the Ultimate
      Warrior talked about how he started his career and his admiration towards
      Vince McMahon earlier this week at the WWE 2K14 press event. Perhaps the
      most interesting part of the interview was when Warrior spoke candidly
      about Vince McMahon and he said he admire Vince because he still goes to
      work everyday and it is what makes WWE still successful. He said even
      after all the years of fighting between the two, he still admires him more
      than anyone else. Warrior thanked the WWE Universe for their continued
      support and said he appreciates and is humbled that they still enjoy the
      Ultimate Warrior character. "It means a lot to me and it will always will,
      and that will never change for me," Warrior said. The four minute video
      interview can be seen at WWE.COM.

      > FOLEY TO AUTHOR NEW WWE COMIC BOOK
      - WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley announced at the San Diego Comic Con that
      he will be penning the new WWE comic book which will be simply titled WWE,
      set for launch in June 2014. It will be released three times a year. The
      comic book will be published by Papercutz, who will also release a second
      WWE title which is still unnamed. "WWE's Superstars are truly
      larger-than-life, with the kind of personality and raw power that makes a
      comics page crackle with excitement," said Papercutz Editor-In-Chief Jim
      Salicrup. "It's the kind of action and drama that's just perfect for
      comics, and Mick Foley is just the WWE Legend we need to make it happen."
      This will be Foley's first try at comic book writing and said that he will
      be giving his best in giving a product that WWE and the consumers will be
      proud of.

      > BIG MESS AT NON-TELEVISED TNA EVENT
      - The TNA non-televised live event in Cape Girardeu, Missouri, yesterday
      turned into a big mess as some of the wrestlers - including the newly
      crowned TNA champ Chris Sabin - were not allowed to wrestle as they did
      not possess the proper license to perform in the state. The announcement
      was made at the start of the show and as expected it did not go down well
      with the fans in the arena. Full refunds were offered to those who wanted
      but those who chose not to get their money back had the opportunity to
      meet all the TNA Superstars backstage to make up for the big blunder. Only
      James Storm, Bully Ray, Devon, Gunner, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle,
      and Jeff Hardy, were allowed to perform during the event.

      > VOTE FOR THE NEXT BFG SERIES MATCHES TO AIR ON IMPACT
      - TNA is letting its fans choose the next Bound For Glory Series matches
      which will air on the August 1 and August 8 editions of IMPACT Wrestling.
      The fan vote will run through Monday, July 29, on ImpactWrestling.com with
      three card choices consisting of six possible matches each. Those two
      particular IMPACT episodes will be taped from Wichita Falls, Texas. To
      vote go to ImpactWrestling.com.