    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2013

      Friday, July 19, 2013 Issue #3968

      Nothing to say todayŠback tomorrow.

      > CHRIS SABIN WINS TNA WORLD TITLE
      - A new TNA champion was crowned yesterday on IMPACT as Chris Sabin
      defeated Bully Ray to win the big one just weeks after he vacated the X
      Division title for a shot at Bully Ray. With Aces & Eights and Main Event
      Mafia surrounding the ring, a brawl was inevitable and both groups
      unloaded onto each other after Mr. Anderson slid a hammer to Bully Ray
      while the referee was down. Eventually the two groups fought all the way
      to backstage leaving Ray and Sabin alone once again. With Sabin holding
      the hammer, Ray kicked him and went for a powerbomb however Sabin smashed
      Ray's head with the hammer which he was still holding and covered him as
      the young Hebner referee counted the three count. This is the second time
      that the title switched hands at Destination X after last year Austin
      Aries also successfully managed to win it after vacating the X Division
      title. You can see the ending of the match at http://w-o.it/17pqQUz

      > BRUCE PRICHARD GONE FROM TNA
      - TNA's Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations, Bruce
      Prichard, was released from his position this week, making him the fourth
      to be gone from the company within a few days following the releases of
      Tara, DOC, and D'Lo Brown. "TNA is headquartered in Nashville, and, as we
      move forward, our creative team and executive leadership will be here in
      Nashville with us," said TNA President Dixie Carter. "Bruce's dedication
      and passion for TNA and IMPACT Wrestling will be missed, and we thank him
      for the incredible work he has done for us. We wish him all the very
      best." Prichard joined TNA in October 2010 as a producer and then seven
      months later was promoted VP of Talent Relations. Just five months later
      he was given another promotion, the one he held up until his release. He
      previously worked for WWE, holding several on-screen and executive
      positions between 1993 and 2008.

      > VINCE MCMAHON WELCOMES BACK WARRIOR ON TWITTER
      - WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon welcomed back the Ultimate Warrior
      with a message on his Twitter account, a few days after Warrior was
      announced as a playable character in the upcoming WWE video game WWE 2K14.
      "I want to personally welcome Ultimate Warrior back to @WWE," McMahon
      wrote, adding a link to the WWE.COM story of Warrior's involvement with
      the game. The relationship between Warrior and WWE has been rocky for
      several years starting all the way from SummerSlam 91, with rumors being
      that Warrior wanted a large sum of money to walk out for his match with
      Hogan against Slaughter, Sheik, and Adnan in the main event. That ended up
      being his last appearance with the company until his surprise return at
      WrestleMania VIII where he came out to save Hogan from Sid Justice and
      Papa Shango. His return lasted around six months and he was fired for not
      showing up at multiple events. Lawsuits and other legal battles between
      the two parties in the following years continued to push both Warrior and
      the WWE further apart and the company didn't help the situation when it
      released a Warrior DVD mainly to poke fun at him. While there is no direct
      deal between WWE and the Warrior, his involvement with the game is seen by
      many as the first of many things to come. Warrior's licensing deal for the
      WWE 2K14 game was done with 2K Sports and McMahon signed off on his
      addition to the game.

      > CAUSE OF DEATH FOR DOINK THE CLOWN
      - TMZ is reporting that the official cause of death for Matt Osborne,
      better known to fans as Doink the Clown, was an overdose from morphine and
      hydrocodone. The results were released by the Collin County, Texas,
      medical examiner. "I am of the opinion that [Osborne], a 55 year old white
      man, died as a result of toxic effects of opiates," the report said. The
      report also revealed that Osborne suffered from a heart disease which
      contributed significantly to his death. Osborne passed away on June 28 in
      his Texas residence.