    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013

      Thursday, July 18, 2013 Issue #3967

      We're doing the $3-a-day advertising on the newsletter once again. If
      you're interested in purchasing a text ad on the newsletter for just $3,
      e-mail me for more information. There's no minimum, so you can just buy
      one ad for $3 and that's it.

      > RAW RATING
      - RAW pulled in 4,101,000 viewers this week for a 3.0 rating, down around
      66,000 viewers from the previous week. The first hour of the show did
      3,926,000 viewers followed by 4,108,000 in the second and 4,268,000
      viewers in the third and final hour. RAW has been getting some good
      "growing" trends in the past few weeks with the third hour receiving more
      viewers than the second, a trend which stopped for the majority of the
      second half of 2012 when it moved to 3 hours. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > CHRIS JERICHO SAYS HIS GOODBYES AGAIN
      - Y2J Chris Jericho said his goodbyes to his WWE friends and co-workers
      Tuesday at the Smackdown tapings as he is about to embark on a tour for
      Fozzy. "So long to @WWE for nowŠ2013 was one of my favorite in ring yrs
      ever! Thx for always sticking w Y2J & see u on the road soon w
      @FOZZYROCK," Jericho wrote on his Twitter. His last match "for now" was
      against Curtis Axel and the match will be part of this Friday's Smackdown
      television broadcast. Jericho was involved in one of the best matches on
      RAW this week against Rob Van Dam, a match which he lost after a 5 Star
      Frogsplash from the returning RVD. Jericho's deal with WWE is somewhat
      special and he returns whenever Fozzy are not touring the world.

      > JUDGE ISSUES ARREST WARRANT FOR RIC FLAIR
      - A judge has issued an arrest warrant for WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair
      after he was held in contempt this month for not paying his ex-wife more
      than $32,000 she's entitled to in spousal support according to the
      Charlotte Observer. The arrest warrant was signed on July 3 and Flair can
      avoid going behind bars if he pays up. The Nature Boy told the same
      newspaper that he plans to pay his ex this week. "The reason I didn't pay
      my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital
      for a month," Flair said. "I was in the hospital for a month with a blood
      clot. I didn¹t go to work for three months." Meanwhile, the same ex-wife
      turned herself in to police after an arrest warrant was issued against her
      for harassing Flair's current girlfriend. She was released on $500 bond.

      > IMPACT TRANSFORMS INTO DESTINATION X TONIGHT ON SPIKE
      - Tonight's episode of IMPACT Wrestling will be a Destination X show, with
      the event moving from pay-per-view to free television after TNA
      restructured their pay-per-view business earlier this year. The show is
      being taped from the Broadbent Arena in Louisville, Kentucky. The main
      event will be the reigning TNA champion Bully Ray defending his gold
      against Chris Sabin, who vacated the title in return for a TNA title shot
      tonight. Also set for the show are qualifying matches to determine the new
      X Division champion with stars from the past and present. A new X Division
      title will also be revealed during the show. A Bound for Glory Series
      match will also take place with Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries.

      > TARA & DOC RELEASED BY TNA
      - TNA has released Tara and Aces & Eights member Doc on Tuesday afternoon.
      Doc's contract expired and was not renewed while Tara was let go. "Impact
      Wrestling has released Tara. We thank Tara for all her contributions and
      wish her the best of success in the future," a tweet from TNA's official
      Twitter account read. Tara - real name Lisa Marie Varon - started with TNA
      in 2009 and won the Knockout title on five separate occasions as well as
      the Knockouts Tag Team title once with Miss Tessmacher. DOC, who wrestled
      in WWE as Luke Gallows, joined TNA in 2012 and wrestled as a masked member
      of Aces & Eights. He was unmasked during an episode of Impact. The
      "director of chaos," whose real name is Drew Hankinson, "lost" his bid to
      become VP of Aces & Eights in an angle that ran this month on the show.

      > D'LO BROWN GIVEN PINK SLIP AS WELL
      - D'Lo Brown is the latest to be given the pink slip by TNA Wrestling as
      the released continued. "It is true that my employment with TNA has come
      to an end. I consider myself fortunate to have worked so closely with some
      of the best up and coming talent in the business. I also had the privilege
      to work closely with some of the greatest this industry has produced,"
      Brown wrote on his Twitter account. This was Brown's second stint with TNA
      after spending a year and a half with the company between 2003 and 2004.
      He returned in 2009 in the role of a road agent as well as leading the
      talent developmental division. Earlier this year he joined the Aces &
      Eights and he was revealed as the Vice President of the group.