    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 1:46 PM

      Wednesday, July 3, 2013 Issue #3958

      Happy Independence Day to all our American readersŠI know there's many of
      you who will celebrate tomorrow's holiday!

      > TAZ SIGNS NEW TNA DEAL
      - TNA announcer Taz announced on his Twitter today that he has signed a
      new contract with TNA Wrestling, ending the speculation about a possible
      move to WWE. "I'm very proud to announce that I've re-signed w/TNA
      Wrestling! ! #Lovemyhome," Taz wrote on Twitter. Last week the former ECW
      champ posted a message which was then deleted about WWE coming back to his
      home in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center, referring to them as big
      wrestling shows. His contract with the company expired last week and the
      timing of his tweet at the time raised some speculation. He's been with
      TNA since 2009.

      > TNA RELEASES FOUR
      - As of this writing, TNA has released four of its contracted Superstars
      due to cost-cutting measures according to the Wrestling Observer. The four
      pink-slipped are Crimson, Christian York, Joey Ryan, and Taylor Hendrix.
      More releases could be coming as TNA starts offloading personnel as the
      company tries to save money.

      > TNA IN NEW TV DEAL IN SOUTH EAST ASIA
      - Total Sports Asia has inked a three year deal with TNA to air TNA
      programming across South East Asia excluding Thailand, a deal which will
      increase TNA's distribution and revenue in the region. "It is a sport that
      transcends religious, racial and regional boundaries to become appointment
      TV in every country and we are delighted to be working with TNA to really
      take the brand to the next level of success given the high quality of
      programming that TNA delivers week in, week out," said TSA's Chief Content
      Officer, Julian Jackson. "We have great confidence that TSA will help
      drive the TNA Wrestling brand forward in South Asia, and deliver great
      content for broadcasters throughout the region. We have known and worked
      with TSA for many years and we're looking forward to this new dimension in
      our working relationship," said Richard Dennis, Managing Director of RDA
      Television. The deal was done by RDA Television, a UK-based company which
      holds the worldwide TV rights for TNA.

      > RICARDO RODRIGUEZ SUSPENDED FOR 30 DAYS
      - Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez was
      suspended for 30 days after failing a Wellness Program test. This is his
      first strike. The announcement was made on WWE.COM and on the company's
      social media accounts, with a short statement saying, "In accordance with
      its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Jesús Rodríguez (Ricardo
      Rodriguez) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of
      the company¹s policy." To make the program more transparent, WWE decided
      to publish the names of those who fail the test years ago after receiving
      criticism about it.

      > MATCHES ADDED TO THE MONEY IN THE BANK PAY-PER-VIEW
      - Three new matches were added to the Money In The Bank pay-per-view
      yesterday. The first one is the kick off match which will air on Facebook,
      YouTube, WWE App, and a bunch of other online properties featuring The
      Shield taking on The Usos. The other two matches set for the actual PPV
      broadcast are AJ Lee vs Kaitlyn for the Divas title and Curtis Axel vs The
      Miz for Intercontinental title.

      > PAUL HEYMAN'S FATHER PASSES AWAY
      - It has been reported that Paul Heyman's father, Richard, has passed away
      this week at the age of 87. It is not known if this will effect Heyman's
      participation next week on RAW. On another sad related note, R-Truth's
      sister Francetta also passed away last week from cancer. Condolences to
      both families during this difficult time.

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW did 3,956,000 viewers this week for a 2.89 rating, down
      around 30,000 viewers from the previous week. Hour one did 3,720,000
      viewers, followed by 4,135,000 in the second, and then 4,012,000 in the
      third and final hour. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put
      online by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE SIGNS NEW TV DEAL IN MYANMAR
      - WWE announced yesterday that a new three year TV deal with Myanmar's
      SkyNet DTH has been signed, allowing the broadcaster to carry WWE
      programming. Beginning this month, SkyNet DTH will broadcast Monday Night
      Raw, Smackdown, Main Event and NXT on the SkyNet Sports 3 & SkyNet Teen
      channels. "Joining WWE to bring their world-class entertainment to the
      people of Myanmar is a significant addition to our expanding portfolio,"
      said Win Naing, Executive General Manager of SkyNet TV. "We look forward
      to an ongoing partnership with WWE as we help to continue awareness and
      viewership of this global brand in South East Asia." WWE's VP & GM of Asia
      Pacific, Sweesin Wu, said that Myanmar is an emerging market in South East
      Asia and they are pleased to team up with SkyNet DTH to provide WWE
      programming to the people of Myanmar.