    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2013

      Friday, June 21, 2013 Issue #3952

      Alright my time in Virginia has come to an end after two weeks of work,
      now a week partying in Las Vegas with our former MMA reporter David Comer.
      I can never get enough going to Vegas, it's my tenth time believe it or
      not. Still haven't hit the jackpot. Maybe this time I'll be lucky!

      Back later!

      > RIC FLAIR'S DAUGHTER ASHLEY MAKES HER NXT TV DEBUT
      - The daughter of two time WWE Hall of Famer and former 16 time World
      Heavyweight champion Ric Flair, Ashley, made her NXT television debut
      during yesterday's tapings held at Full Sail University in Winter Park,
      Florida. Her dad was with her to share the experience with his daughter
      and appeared in the ring as well in front of the fans. Ashley, who
      wrestles under the name of Charlotte, has been signed to a developmental
      deal since May 2012 and made her wrestling debut for NXT at the end of
      January of this year in a dark match. The 27 year old was excited to have
      her dad by her side. "All my life my dad @RicFlairNatrBoy has taken me to
      work with him..... I finally get to TAKE him to work," she wrote on
      Twitter. Jim Ross called her "athletic as hell" and said she had an
      impressive debut.

      > MATT STRIKER RELEASED
      - WWE announcer and former wrestling Matt Striker has been released from
      WWE effective immediately after the company decided not to give him a new
      deal. "WWE.com has learned that WWE has chosen to not renew Matt Striker's
      contract. As of today, June 20, 2013, Striker will no longer be working
      with WWE. WWE wishes him the best in all his future endeavors," a
      statement from WWE read. Matt Striker has been employed by WWE since 2005,
      making his debut on Smackdown against Kurt Angle. Several news outlets
      outed him that he was a school teacher and WWE played it into the angle
      and later in the year was given a teacher gimmick hosting his own segment
      titled Matt Striker's Classroom. He moved to ECW in August 2006 and had a
      match at WrestleMania 23 in a four on four bout against the ECW Originals,
      his only in-ring participation at WrestleMania. Striker eventually moved
      to ringside commentary and did play-by-play for ECW and later Smackdown.
      He hosted NXT and other WWE shows and was a backstage interviewer lately.

      > FOLEY APPEARS ON THE DAILY SHOW AND CHALLENGES ZEB COULTER
      - Mick Foley appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - or John Oliver
      now - a few days ago to challenge Zeb Coulter in a hilarious segment.
      During the episode, a clip of Zeb Coulter's segment from RAW was aired
      regarding immigration including a clip with JBL and Cole arguing with
      closed captions while William Regal and Antonio Cesaro wrestled. The host,
      British John Oliver, tore his jacket's sleeves, got a cheap replica title
      on his shoulder and cut a promo but then brought out Mick Foley for a
      little help. "Zeb, you have a problem with immigrants? Now you have a
      problem with me," said Foley, decked in his usual attire. Foley said that
      immigrants do the toughest and dirtiest jobs and if someone has a problem
      with them, they have to answer to Foley and Oliver. Foley and Oliver then
      invited Zeb on the show next week to discuss immigration. You can check
      out the funny seven minute segment at http://w-o.it/130jglK

      > STING BRINGS BACK MAIN EVENT MAFIA
      - TNA Hall of Famer Sting brought back the Main Event Mafia during this
      week's episode of IMPACT Wrestling on Spike TV. Sting assembled the band
      back together to take down the Aces & Eights and the second member of the
      group was revealed on last night's show and it was non other than Kurt
      Angle. TNA taped another TV show after the live broadcast and another
      member will also be revealed on the show that will air next week. The
      original Main Event Mafia was assembled in 2008 and consisted of Kurt
      Angle, Sting, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Scott Steiner, and Samoa Joe.

      > NEWSPAPER SAYS THE ROCK TARGETED FOR TERMINATOR 5 MOVIE
      - The Examiner newspaper is reporting that a script for Terminator 5 is
      being prepared with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in mind to play alongside
      with the original Terminator himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Film producer
      Megan Ellison - who now owns the rights for the Terminator franchise - is
      determined to get the former WWE champion on board after Schwarzenegger
      recently promised that he will be part of the fifth instalment of the
      popular franchise. The newspaper reports that calls to Dwayne Johnson's
      reps were not immediately returned. If the rumours end up to be true, this
      would probably be Johnson's biggest role in a Hollywood movie yet.