    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013

      Monday, June 17, 2013 Issue #3949

      I enjoyed Payback yesterday for the most part and Jericho vs Punk was
      worth it. I did not understand the reasoning behind Ryback jobbing once
      again in a title match. He's been defeated so many times in main events
      that is now somewhat laughable that this monster always comes up short for
      the big one.

      And don't even get me started on Ziggler's loss. The guy basically lost
      all his matches ever since winning the World title the day after
      WrestleMania. That particular RAW was special and the fans made Ziggler's
      win mean something. Unfortunately for WWE, it was just a one night thing
      only.

      Oh well, that's just my 2 cents.

      > 3 NEW CHAMPS CROWNED AT PAYBACK, PUNK RETURNS WITH A WIN
      - Here are the results from the WWE Payback pay-per-view which took place
      at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois: Sheamus defeated Antonio
      Cesaro in the pre-show match; Curtis Axel defeated The Miz and Wade
      Barrett in a triple threat match to become the new Intercontinental
      champion; AJ defeated Kaitlyn to become the new Divas champion; Dean
      Ambrose defeated Kane via count out to retain the U.S. title; Alberto Del
      Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler to become the new World Heavyweight champion;
      CM Punk defeated Chris Jericho; Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins of The
      Shield defeated Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan to retain the tag team
      titles; John Cena defeated Ryback in the 3 stages of hell match, with
      Ryback winning the first lumberjack match fall, and then Cena winning the
      second fall, which was a tables match, and the third fall, by delivering
      the Attitude Adjustment to Ryback through the roof of the ambulance.

      > ROB VAN DAM RETURNING AT MONEY IN THE BANK
      - During the Payback pay-per-view, WWE ran a video of former WWE and WCW
      champion Rob Van Dam and announced that he would be returning next month
      at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view. The Money In The Bank event will
      take place at the former home base of ECW in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania so
      it will be the perfect place for RVD to make his WWE return. Who knows,
      maybe RVD will be the next Paul Heyman guy? RVD competed in TNA Wrestling
      between March 2010 and March 2013 and held the X Division title for 137
      days, ultimately losing it to Kenny King during an episode of IMPACT this
      past February. Van Dam was at the Hall of Fame ceremony this year, sitting
      among the WWE Superstars, Divas, and family members, supporting his friend
      Booker T. You can see the video which aired hyping RVD's return at
      http://w-o.it/14eB7kL

      > WWE PLANTING SEEDS FOR HEYMAN/PUNK BREAKUP
      - The Paul Heyman and CM Punk partnership is going down the divorce path
      as WWE has started planting seeds into the eventual breakup between the
      two. At one point during yesterday's match between Punk and Jericho,
      Heyman climbed on the apron and somewhat distracted Punk. After the match,
      WWE.COM recorded a video of the two talking in the locker room where Punk
      explained to Heyman that he is not his client, but a friend. Punk told
      Heyman that Curtis Axel is his client, and Brock Lesnar is his client,
      because both need his help. He doesn't need the help and told Heyman to
      "just be my friend." A not-so-thrilled Heyman agreed with the former WWE
      champion as the video faded to black.

      > MARK HENRY TEASES RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENT TONIGHT
      - Former World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry wrote a Twitter message
      yesterday teasing that he would be announcing his retirement from
      professional wrestling during tonight's RAW in Grand Rapids, Michigan. "I
      have spoke to my famliy and hope to talk to all of you fans live from
      Grand Rapids. Guys Father Time is undefeated," Henry said. The world's
      strongest man also added that he was always there for the fans whether
      they loved or hated him and that he appreciated everything. "Good or bad I
      will live forever with the fans," Henry continued. Henry has been injured
      for the past few weeks and WWE has pushed his return for tonight's RAW.
      Last week Henry wrote on Twitter that he was breaking his Twitter silence
      to tell everyone that he's not retiring. Henry has been one of the longest
      employed Superstars by WWE, joining the company in 1996 at the age of 24,
      signing u huge 10 year deal upon his arrival.

      > ZIGGLER "NOT CLEARED" TO WRESTLE AFTER YESTERDAY'S LOSS
      - WWE.COM is running a worked story where Dolph Ziggler is not medically
      cleared to wrestle for now after yesterday's match against Alberto Del Rio
      where he lost the World Heavyweight title. The story claims that Del Rio
      delivered a "brutal assault" on Ziggler and the "unrelenting onslaught" by
      Del Rio "took its toll" on the now former World Heavyweight champion, who
      was wrestling for the first time in over a month following a real
      concussion he suffered at the hands of Jack Swagger. It's not the first
      time that WWE blurred the lines between real life and storyline events.
      The website reported about Ziggler's real concussion last month and now is
      using the same sort of wording to continue the angle.