    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2013

      Monday, June 3, 2013 Issue #3942

      Kurt Angle certainly deserves to be in any wrestling hall of fame but it
      seems weird to have him inducted in the TNA Hall of Fame after only
      spending six years with the company. My opinion is that TNA started this
      Hall of Fame way too early and it's somewhat ironic that none of the
      original TNA roster are in the company's own HOF. I think Jeff Jarrett
      should have been in there before even Sting considering he helped launched
      TNA in the first place. But oh well, what do I know?

      Not much going onĀŠback tomorrow.

      > SLAMMIVERSARY XI PAY-PER-VIEW RESULTS
      - Here are the results from last night's Slammiversary XI pay-per-view
      which took place from the Agganis Arena in Boston, Massachusetts: Chris
      Sabin defeated Kenny King and Suicide to win the X Division title in an
      Ultimate X match; Magnus, Samoa Joe, and Jeff Hardy defeated Wes Brisco,
      Garrett Bischoff, and Mr Anderson in a six-man tag team match; Jay Bradley
      defeated Sam Shaw in a TNA Gutcheck tournament match; Devon defeated
      Joseph Park via forfeit to retain the TNA Television title; Abyss defeated
      Devon to become the new TNA Television champion; Gunner and James Storm
      defeated Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian,
      and Austin Aries and Bobby Roode to win the TNA tag team titles in a
      four-way elimination match; Taryn Terrell defeated Gail Kim in a last
      Knockout standing match; Kurt Angle defeated AJ Styles; Bully Ray defeated
      Sting in a no holds barred match to retain the TNA World title.

      > KURT ANGLE TO BE INDUCTED INTO THE TNA HALL OF FAME
      - Kurt Angle was announced as the second inductee into the TNA Hall of
      Fame yesterday during the Slammiversary pay-per-view. The 44 year old
      Olympic gold medalist joined TNA Wrestling in 2006 after an eight year
      stint with WWE. He made his TNA debut in October, a month after TNA
      President Dixie Carter announced that Angle signed a deal with TNA. His
      first match took place on IMPACT in November and then defeated Samoa Joe
      at the Genesis pay-per-view to end his undefeated streak. During his time
      in TNA, Angle divorced from his wife Karen and she ended up marrying Jeff
      Jarrett, a scenario which created some real-life drama behind the scenes.
      Angle had a successful run in TNA in terms of winning titles, becoming the
      TNA World champion on five separate occasions, the tag team champion twice
      - with Sting and AJ Styles - and even won the X Division title. The former
      champion will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame the night before Bound
      For Glory pay-per-view. You can see his tribute video from the
      Slammiversary pay-per-view at http://w-o.it/11mrBg7

      > JEFF AND KAREN ANGLE CONGRATULATE KURT ANGLE
      - Kurt Angle thanked the fans on Twitter for their support the day after
      he was announced as the second inductee in the TNA Hall of Fame. "Thanks
      to all of you for your support in my induction into TNA HOF," Angle wrote.
      "Couldn't do it without you. Much love." The former WWE and TNA champion
      also praised his match against AJ Styles from yesterday's Slammiversary
      pay-per-view, calling himself "blessed." His ex-wife Karen also had good
      things to say about him for being chosen to enter the Hall of Fame later
      this year. "Congrats to @RealKurtAngle on his win over @AJStyesOrg & 4
      being the next inductee into the TNA HOF! Very well deserved! #champion
      #machine," the now Mrs Jarrett wrote. Jeff Jarrett also sent in his
      congratulations via Twitter, saying that in the ring "there's never been
      anybody better." Several other TNA Superstars joined in with their
      congratulatory remarks as well on the social network website.

      > DOLPH ZIGGLER RETURNS, BUT NO WRESTLING YET
      - World Heavyweight champion Dolph Ziggler returned to be a part of the
      non-televised live events on Saturday in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, however
      did not wrestle as he is still not cleared to get physical in the ring.
      Ziggler took the mic to address the fans about his concussion and told
      them that he can't wrestle but his friend Big E. Langston would be taking
      his place to wrestle Alberto Del Rio. Ziggler has been out for a few weeks
      due to a concussion received thanks to a kick from Jack Swagger during the
      Smackdown tapings. He had to be taken out of the Extreme Rules
      pay-per-view because of his injury.