    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2013

      Saturday, June 1, 2013 Issue #3941

      Man, June is here already. This year is really flying by. Have a great
      weekend everyone!

      > WWE STOCKS HIT 52-WEEK HIGH
      - WWE stocks hit a 52-week high yesterday, reaching 9.83 during trading
      hours before ending the day at 9.74, 0.72% up from the previous day. The
      52-week low sits at 7.44. The company has a market cap of $728.77 million
      at the time of yesterday's closing.

      > WWE CFO TALKS ABOUT WWE NETWORK PLANS
      - Earlier this week, WWE's Chief Financial Officer George Barrios attended
      the Citi Global Consumer Conference to discuss the WWE business. Barrios
      talked how WWE "launched the pay-per-view business" with WrestleMania I
      and now they are going to"re-imagine" the same business with the WWE
      Network. "We are going to take 11 of our 12 pay-per-views - Wrestlemania
      will continue to be a pay-per-view - and move it to a subscription
      network," Barrios said. The CFO listed the price between $12.99 to $14.99
      a month for the network, making their PPV broadcasts more available to
      people because as he said, today's pay-per-views are "pretty expensiveŠand
      frankly we know that kind of narrow caps our audience because of the high
      price point." Barrios said the price will be easy to afford and they have
      received a lot of good feedback from their research. The company plans to
      produce new shows from their 100,000+ hours of library footage as well as
      airing classic shows. "At two million subscribers on a steady state basis,
      it would be fairly transformational for WWE," Barrios said, saying that
      that would bring in the range of $50 million to $100 million
      incrementally. "At 3 million to 4 million subscribers it really changes
      the business completely. So there is a lot of focus within the company on
      bringing this to fruition."

      > SAN DIEGO TO HOST BOUND FOR GLORY PPV
      - This year's Bound For Glory pay-per-view will be coming to you live from
      the Viejas Arena on the campus of San Diego State University in San Diego,
      California on October 20. This will be the first time that TNA has done a
      show in San Diego, choosing their biggest pay-per-view of the year for
      their debut in the city. "I'm really looking forward to bringing our
      biggest pay-per-view event of the year to San Diego for the first TNA show
      ever in this great city," said TNA President Dixie Carter. "Since 2005,
      Bound for Glory has brought fans from across the world together to enjoy a
      jam-packed weekend of fun and intense competition, and I'm thrilled that
      we will have the sunny Southern California coast as our backdrop." Apart
      from the pay-per-view, TNA will also host a weekend full of activities
      including the TNA Fan InterAction event the day before the PPV as well as
      the Hall of Fame induction ceremony later that Saturday night. Tickets for
      the show go on sale Friday, June 7, at the Viejas Arena box office and at
      Ticketmaster.com.

      > JESSE VENTURA DROPS HINT AT RUNNING FOR 2016 ELECTION
      - The Associated Press is carrying an article which was published
      yesterday about former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura toying with the
      idea of running for the U.S. presidency in 2016. The WWE Hall of Famer has
      been out of politics since 2003 but he said that the 2016 presidential
      elections is "an opportune time" for an independent like him to run since
      there will be no incumbent. Ventura said that he approached Howard Stern
      to be his running mate and the America's Got Talent judge and radio host
      has expressed interest. Really. "The Body" is now 62 years old and in 2004
      at WrestleMania XX he dropped a hint at running for President, asking
      Donald Trump - whom he was interviewing live on PPV - about lending his
      support, and money!

      > DWAYNE JOHNSON GETS HIS FEMALE CO-STAR FOR HERCULES
      - Dwayne Johnson got his co-star for his upcoming Hercules movie in the
      form of Russian model and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover girl Irina
      Shayk. This will be Shayk's first feature film, a massive role where she
      will play the wife of Hercules in the Brett Ratner-directed movie,
      currently titled Hercules: The Thracian Wars. "Excited to work w/
      @theirishayk Making her big screen debut as the wife of Hercules.
      #SheMakesBaklavaToo," tweeted Johnson. The former WWE champion is
      currently in Budapest, Hungary, to work on Hercules throughout the Summer.
      Speaking of The Rock, his latest movie Fast & Furious 6 is at an estimated
      $146,340,000 at the box office chart in the United States and over $259
      million in foreign revenue for a total of just over $400,000,000 worldwide.