    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2013

      Tuesday, May 28, 2013 Issue #3939

      I really enjoyed the Bret Hart appreciation night segment after RAW. It
      was kept very simple with no gimmicks or stupid angles and concentrated on
      the subject - Bret Hart. It's always good to see Bret on TV, he was my
      favorite growing up as a kid watching wrestling. It was also nice to see
      Shawn Michaels there considering the history between the two. Great job
      all around. If you haven't seen it, WWE.COM has the full segment.

      > PUNK TO WRESTLE JERICHO AT NEXT WWE PAY-PER-VIEW
      - CM Punk will be returning to WWE television next month at the Payback
      pay-per-view to face Chris Jericho in his home town of Chicago, Illinois.
      Punk last appeared on TV on the April 15 episode of Monday Night RAW where
      he addressed the crowd after his loss to the Undertaker at WrestleMania.
      Punk walked out of the arena and fell off the wrestling map completely,
      even on Twitter stopping to talk about wrestling altogether. During last
      night's RAW, Chris Jericho challenged CM Punk to a match at Payback while
      he was hosting the Highlight Reel with Paul Heyman as his guest. Heyman
      didn't want to give an answer to Jericho when he was asked what happened
      to Punk so Jericho kept pushing for a match by calling himself the best in
      the world. Heyman eventually accepted Jericho's match request on behalf of
      his client and Jericho told Heyman to tell Punk that after the show he
      would "never be the same again!" Punk has so far not mentioned anything
      about his involvement at the Payback pay-per-view on his Twitter.

      > WWE HONORS BRET HART AFTER RAW GOES OFF THE AIR
      - WWE honored Bret "Hit Man" Hart after RAW went off the air with a
      presentation that ran around 30 minutes live on The Score in Canada and as
      well on the WWE app. Jerry "The King" Lawler hosted the event which also
      had appearances by Pat Patterson, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and Vince
      McMahon. All the Superstars and Divas who were present for the tapings
      came out at the end of the show at the top of the ramp to salute the
      sometimes-emotional Hall of Famer. Our RAW television reporter Moe Tapp
      wrote an in-depth report of what happened during the Bret Hart
      Appreciation Night segment which you can read at http://w-o.it/172pfHs

      > CALGARY HERALD NEWSPAPER FEATURES THE HIT MAN ON BRET HART DAY
      - The Calgary Herald had a long article on Bret Hart yesterday to coincide
      with his appreciation night on RAW as well with the Mayor's proclamation
      of Bret Hart Day. "It's a big honor. I've always felt special in this town
      as I have felt about Calgary, too. I've always loved it here. I never
      left," Bret said in the interview. "People always think I left and I was
      living in the States for a long timeĀŠbut home has always been Calgary."
      Jim Ross was also approached for the piece since he worked with Hart for
      quite a few years. He called Bret the most respected in the locker room by
      his peers and said that is the ultimate compliment to anyone in that
      profession. "In a world of oftentimes outlandish television personas and
      interactions, he brought clarity, common sense, reality and, perhaps more
      importantly, believability to the process." You can read the full article
      at http://bit.ly/18rhFq3

      > MAIN EVENT STIPULATION FOR PAYBACK PPV CHANGED
      - The main event for the Payback pay-per-view between John Cena and Ryback
      is now a "3 stages of hell" match instead of just an ambulance match. The
      change was announced yesterday on RAW after Cena suggested the new match
      which will have a lumberjack match for the first fall, a tables match for
      the second fall and, and if necessary an ambulance match as the third and
      final fall. Ryback, calling himself Satan, accepted the change of
      stipulation for the match which is for the WWE title.

      > WYATT FAMILY COMING TO THE MAIN ROSTER
      - A promo on yesterday's Monday Night RAW introduced the Wyatt family
      consisting of the man formerly known as Husky Harris, Luke Harper, and
      Erick Rowan. Harris was in NXT and The Nexus a few years ago however his
      time in the main roster was short lived as he was written off WWE
      television when Randy Orton kicked him in the head, sending him back to
      FCW. In March 2013 he debuted a new character in NXT, coming out as Bray
      Wyatt. He is the son of Mike "IRS" Rotunda. Harper and Rowan are currently
      the NXT tag team champions, winning the titles earlier this month from
      Adrian Neville and Bo Dallas.