    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2013

      Monday, May 27, 2013 Issue #3938

      Happy Memorial Day to all those who celebrate it! And to all who don't,
      well, it's just a normal working Monday for ya! :)

      > WWE APP TO AIR OFF AIR RAW CELEBRATIONS WITH BRET HART
      - While The Score in Canada will air the Bret Hart Appreciation Night
      post-show celebrations for Canadian fans, other fans not in Canada can
      still watch all the off air stuff live as it happens. WWE announced that
      tribute to Bret "Hit Man" Hart will be airing exclusively on the WWE App
      as soon as the broadcast on USA Network goes off the air. Taking place in
      his home town of Calgary, Alberta, the Memorial Day edition of Monday
      Night RAW will certainly be a special one for the WWE Hall of Famer. The
      WWE app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store or Google Play for
      free.

      > WRESTLEMANIA 29 BREAKS 1 MILLION BUYS, STILL LESS THAN LAST YEAR
      - According to WWE's latest numbers, WrestleMania 29 is up to 1,048,000
      buys worldwide as of April 30. It is not the final figure as WWE is still
      compiling data from all their distribution partners but it's very highly
      unlikely that the show will surpass last year's buy rate. WrestleMania 28
      did 1,253,000 buys worldwide last year, an increase of just over 200,000
      from what WrestleMania 27 did which was 1,059,000 buys. WrestleMania 26
      did 885,000 buys and WrestleMania 25 did almost 100,000 more than that
      with a final figure of 975,000. This year's WrestleMania was headlined by
      The Rock and John Cena as well as The Undertaker vs CM Punk and Triple H
      vs Brock Lesnar.

      > LUCHADOR SAMURAY DEL SOL SIGNS WWE DEVELOPMENTAL DEAL
      - Mexican-American independent luchador Samuray del Sol has signed a
      developmental deal with WWE after he passed all his medical tests. The 26
      year old from Chicago works under a mask and has wrestled for AAA in
      Mexico as well as Combat Zone Wrestling, Dragon Gate USA, and Evolve.
      Resistance Pro, the promotion headed by Billy Corgan, issued a
      congratulatory tweet to del Sol on his new assignment. "Show the rest of
      the world what we already know," the tweet read. The man behind the mask
      has not tweeted about his WWE deal yet. He is expected to go to Orlando
      and be part of NXT before being called up to the main roster.

      > THIRD #1 MOVIE FOR DWAYNE JOHNSON IN 5 MONTHS
      - Fast and Furious 6 with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson sped to the top of the
      box office chart with a weekend of $98.5 million in box office receipts in
      addition to $177 million in worldwide box office for a total of $275.5
      million (not taking into consideration today's estimates). The latest
      installment in the Fast & Furious franchise had the best opening weekend
      in the history of the franchise, beating out its predecessor by almost $12
      million according to BoxOfficeMojo.com. This is The Rock's third number
      one movie in the first five months of 2013 out of his four movies. G.I.
      Joe: Retaliation and Pain & Gain both made their debut in the first place
      while Snitch opened in second.

      > HOGAN TAKES A QUICK TRIP TO THE ER
      - The Hulkster made a quick trip to the ER yesterday after his boat
      radiator exploded in his hand. Hogan posted some gross photos of his
      injury on Twitter showing his hand and fingers all bubbled-up as a result
      of the fire. Doctors at the Tampa General Hospital cut and skinned his
      hand to remove the big bubbles and he was then sent packing home. I guess
      he won't be using his left hand for a while! If you're into looking at
      some injury photos, they're all up at his Twitter at
      http://www.twitter.com/HulkHogan.

      > MEXICAN WRESTLER HECTOR GARZA PASSES AWAY
      - Former TNA and WCW wrestler Hector Garza passed away yesterday from lung
      cancer, just eight months after he was diagnosed with the illness. Garza
      made one appearance for the then WWF, wrestling in the 1997 Royal Rumble
      before going to WCW. Unfortunately his run in WCW wasn't a very successful
      one and mostly he appeared on the B-shows with probably his best
      accomplishment in the company being part of the Latino World Order. In
      2004 he moved to TNA as part of the agreement the company did with AAA and
      was part of Team Mexico, winning the America's X Cup. When the agreement
      between TNA and AAA was done, Garza returned to TNA at the Victory Road
      pay-per-view that same year and won a 20 man X Division Gauntlet match and
      eventually had a match against Jeff Jarrett for the NWA title. The next
      year, he was supposed to wrestle Scott Hall at Final Resoultion but he was
      arrested in Houston, Texas, after he tried to cross the border with
      illegal substances that were legal in Mexico but illegal in the United
      States. Garza was deported and his TNA career was over. He retired in
      October 2012 when the news came out that he was diagnosed with cancer.