    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013

      Tuesday, May 21, 2013 Issue #3935

      What did you guys think of the introduction of Curtis Axel, the third Paul
      Heyman guy? The name sounds as bad as Rocky Maivia, but if he manages to
      take the ball and run and even be half as good as his father, he will do
      his dad very, very proud. And with Paul E by his side, he can't go wrong.
      Can he?

      > PAUL HEYMAN REVEALS HIS THIRD GUY ON RAW
      - Joe Hennig, the son of the late WWE Hall of Famer Mr Perfect, was
      repackaged and given a reboot yesterday on Monday Night RAW using the name
      of Curtis Axel, the third Paul Heyman guy. Hennig has been signed to a WWE
      deal since March 2007, wrestling for FCW. He appeared in the second season
      of NXT under the name of Michael McGillicutty but came up short of winning
      the season, losing to Kaval. He formed part of the Nexus when CM Punk took
      over in 2011 and won the tag team titles with David Otunga in May of that
      year. After losing the tag belts, he appeared mostly on Superstars before
      returning on NXT Redemption. The name of Curtis Axel is a tribute to his
      dad and grandfather. His dad's name was Curt while his grandfather's
      nickname was The Axe.

      > WWE SUPERSTARS PRAISE CURTIS AXEL
      - The (re)debut of Curtis Axel as the third Paul Heyman guy got a lot of
      positive and encouraging tweets from fellow WWE Superstars who were
      excited that the man behind the character is finally getting his push.
      "Genuinely proud of @WWEMcGillicutty. Go get em, kid!" wrote the current
      World Heavyweight champion Dolph Ziggler. Chris Jericho said he was proud
      and excited to see Hennig in the spotlight. "He's been waitin for this his
      whole life. Somewhere Mr Perfect is smiling his mischievous grin," Jericho
      wrote. "Everything Paul touches turns to gold.... We see money in Curt
      Axel," said the account of the Bella Twins, followed by two kisses. Paul
      Heyman, who is now managing the 33 year old, said that he always wanted to
      manage Mr Perfect. "A better-than-Perfect debut tonight," Heyman wrote,
      adding a photo of a younger Heyman resting his head on the chest of a
      smiling Mr Perfect.

      > JERRY LAWLER APOLOGIZES TO TRIPLE FOR STROKE REMARK
      - The situation with Triple H where he was helped at the end of RAW
      because he was showing signs of concussions was all part of the show to
      sell the match from the previous night against Brock Lesnar. Triple H was
      wrestling Curtis Axel when he started losing focus and couldn't climb back
      in the ring. He moved over to the ringside WWE doctor and asked for water
      and then proceeded to stumble around as officials tried to help the former
      champion. Jerry "The King" Lawler suggested during commentary that HHH
      could be suffering from a stroke, but then on Twitter issued an apology
      for his remark. "I want to apologize to Triple H and his family for
      insinuating that he may have had a stroke. I know firsthand how upsetting
      it could be," Lawler wrote.

      > CITIES OF WINDSOR AND DETROIT BID FOR WRESTLEMANIA 31 AND 32
      - The BlackburnNews.com website is reporting that the cities of Windsor
      and Detroit have teamed up to submit a bid to host WrestleMania 31 and/or
      32. Detroit Sports Commission Executive Director Dave Beachnau said an
      emphasis on the international appeal of hosting the event at Ford Field
      gives them an edge. "It's appealing because a lot of these international
      organizations draw from not just the United States or Canada but from
      around the world so there's a certain appeal I think with a border that
      separates us that they can visit two nations in essentially one
      destination," Beachnau said. According to the article, the winning cities
      that will host WrestleMania 31 and 32 will be announced on August 1. The
      bid has WrestleMania being hosted at Ford Field in Detroit while the rest
      of the other events during the week would be held in Winsor. WWE last held
      WrestleMania in Detroit in 2007 where WrestleMania 23 took place at the
      Ford Field. The show was headlined by John Cena vs Shawn Michaels and also
      had the hair vs hair match with Donald Trump and Vince McMahon in the
      corner of Bobby Lashley and the late Umaga respectively.

      > TNA AND GEORGIA LOTTERY TEAM UP FOR NEW GAME
      - TNA and Georgia Lottery have teamed up to create the IMPACT Wrestling
      instant game with TNA becoming the first wrestling company to be featured
      on a Georgia Lottery ticket. "Our partnership with the Georgia Lottery is
      a uniquely exciting one for both our Impact Wrestling brand and our
      superstar talent,² said TNA President Dixie Carter. With IMPACT Wrestling,
      players can win prizes up to $25,000 and players also can enter
      non-winning tickets for a second chance to win tickets to a live IMPACT
      Wrestling event. "We are pleased to partner with Impact Wrestling to offer
      a fresh, new game to our players and wrestling enthusiasts," said Georgia
      Lottery Corporation President and CEO Debbie D. Alford. "Every dollar
      raised by this game will benefit HOPE and Pre-K students." Visit
      www.galottery.com for more information.