    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2013

      Sunday, May 19, 2013 Issue #3933

      Would you like to write an guest article for Wrestling-Online.com? It's
      fairly easy to get published with us. Your article will also be promoted
      on the W-O Twitter and Facebook and be permanently housed on the website
      as well. To submit an article go to
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/submit-articles/

      Today is your LAST CHANCE to enter TWO¹s WWE Fantasy Wrestling
      game. Join by midnight to win cash prizes. It¹s FREE to play:
      http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/fantasy-wrestling-league.php

      > EXTREME RULES 2013 LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW TONIGHT
      - Live from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri, WWE presents
      Extreme Rules on pay-per-view. The full card is as follows: John Cena vs
      Ryback for the WWE title in a last man standing match; Alberto Del Rio vs
      Jack Swagger in an I quit match for the number one contendership for the
      World Heavyweight title; Brock Lesnar vs Triple H in a steel cage match;
      Sheamus vs Mark Henry in a strap match; Randy Orton vs Big Show in an
      extreme rules match; Chris Jericho vs Fandango; Kofi Kingston vs Dean
      Ambrose of The Shield for the U.S. title; Daniel Bryan and Kane vs Roman
      Reigns and Seth Rollins in a tornado tag team match for the Tag Team
      titles; plus The Miz vs Cody Rhodes in the PPV pre-show match.

      > WWE NAMES NEW VP OF MARKETING FOR WWE STUDIOS
      - Deadline.com is reporting that WWE has hired Julie Tustin as the new
      Vice President of Marketing for WWE Studios and will be overseeing all
      marketing, publicity, and brand development for the company's film
      division. Tustin was working as the Senior Vice President of Special
      Marketing Projects at Paramount Pictures before joining WWE. She also
      previously worked for Miaramax Films. While most of the staff at WWE
      Studios is based in Los Angeles, Tustin will be based in Stamford,
      Connecticut, at the WWE headquarters.

      > BOB COSTAS / VINCE MCMAHON SEGMENT AIRS ON PIERS MORGAN LIVE
      - Bob Costas was on Piers Morgan Live on Friday on CNN and one of the
      topics discussed for a short time was his interview that he did with Vince
      McMahon back in March 2001 on his show "On The Record." A clip aired
      showing Vince McMahon tearing Costas a new one, leaning over the table,
      intimidating him, and telling Costas that if he saw some WWE he would
      actually know what he was talking about. Costas told Morgan that the
      segment was originally set for 15 minutes but the HBO producers thought it
      was so great they let it run for almost 30 minutes with no commercials.
      Costas said that he didn't think Vince McMahon would actually do that to
      him and since he outweighed him by 2 to 1 he decided to stand back and let
      Vince be the aggressor. Plus, he couldn't go far back with his seat since
      he'd fall off the stage. The WWE Chairman and CEO sent Piers Morgan a
      statement to read about Costas on the show, which Morgan read. "I used to
      think Bob Costas was a pompous, arrogant, self absorbed,
      pseudo-intellectual little twerp. I used to think that. But now, 12 years
      later, I've come to realize he's not really a twerp. LOL," McMahon wrote.
      The day after the actual show in 2001, Costas said that McMahon called him
      and asked for a rematch! You can see the segment from the CNN show at
      http://w-o.it/12INV1S. Thanks to W-O reader Victor Sanchez for the heads
      up about the segment.

      > THE ROCK TALKS WRESTLING DURING INTERVIEW TO PROMOTE FAST 6 MOVIE
      - In an interview with Emmy winning entertainment reporter Chris Van
      Vliet, former WWE champion The Rock talked about his match at WrestleMania
      29 and his future while promoting his Fast & Furious 6 movie. Rock said it
      was a "dream scenario" for him to walk into the biggest WrestleMania as
      the WWE champion and then passing the torch to John Cena, doing what's
      right for the business. Asked if it was indeed his last wrestling match,
      The Rock didn't exactly answer the question but said that if it was his
      last match, he's happy with it and considering the injuries he suffered,
      he's glad to have been able to finish the match and not let anyone know
      about the injuries. Vliet then asked The Rock who he thinks will make it
      big next in the world of professional wrestling. The former champ name
      checked Roman Reigns (a cousin of his), The Shield, and Fandango. He had
      great things to say about Fandango saying to play a character like that is
      not easy and the man behind the character embraces it to the fullest. It's
      a great interview that runs for 8 minutes and it was supposed to be all
      about the Fast 6 movie but ended up being 95% wrestling related. You can
      check it out at http://w-o.it/10a7tdQ

      > FUND RAISING EFFORT FOR TNA'S ZEMA ION
      - A fund raising effort for TNA's Zema Ion has kicked off with the target
      of $30,000 to help cover his medical expenses after the former TNA X
      Division champion was diagnosed with appendicitis and a colon tumor. Ion -
      real name Michael Paris - unfortunately has no medical insurance and has
      to foot all the bills. The tumor found on his colon is still yet to be
      determined if it is cancerous or not but he has to undergo surgery to
      remove it. If it is diagnosed as cancerous, the road to recovery will be
      even longer. You can help by donating at
      https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/6hd2/zematna . As of this writing,
      over $4,000 have been raised with 91 days left.