    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2013

      Friday, May 17, 2013 Issue #3932

      Yes! Friday finally. Favorite day of the week. Have a great weekend folks.

      Wrestling 101 is home to exclusive content updated regularly.
      Find blogs, interviews, articles, news, illustrations and lots
      more. http://www.Wrestling101.com/home/

      > WWE TO DONATE $1.2 MILLION FOR CONCUSSION TREATMENT RESEARCH
      - In a story carried by USA Today in the sports section it was revealed
      that the WWE is donating $1.2 million over three years to further research
      aimed at developing a treatment for Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, the
      brain disease associated with repeated concussions which is often linked
      to depression and dementia. "Obviously, I think it's such a huge concern
      for everybody right now in sports and in the military. As we learn more
      and more about concussions and what can become of it, I think it's a
      problem for everybody," said WWE Executive Vice President of Talent and
      Live Events Paul "Triple H" Levesque. The donation is being made to the
      Sports Legacy Institute, a non-profit organization in Boston which was
      co-founded by former WWE Superstar Chris "Harvard" Nowinski. Nowinski was
      the one who approached WWE in an appeal for funding. The former Superstar
      suffered a nasty concussion himself back in 2003 thanks to a kick to the
      head from Bubba Ray Dudley. WWE's $1.2 million will be used by researchers
      at Boston University's Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy.
      The research will be led by neurologist/neuropathologist Ann McKee,
      co-director of the center, and Lee Goldstein, one of the investigators.

      > WWE RELEASES SEVEN NXT DEVELOPMENTAL TALENTS
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE went on a firing spree today,
      getting rid of seven NXT developmental talent. The unlucky ones are Derek
      Bateman, Briley Pierce (Dolph Ziggler's younger brother), Tensai's former
      manager Sakamoto, Brandon Traven, Percy Watson, and Divas-in-training Anna
      Bogomazova and Audrey Marie. WWE usually fires a bunch of people from the
      main roster right after WrestleMania although that hasn't happened this
      year, yet.

      > RELEASE DATE FOR WWE 2K14
      - WWE and 2K announced that the next WWE video game which will be titled
      WWE 2K14 will be hitting stores nationwide on October 29 while Europe will
      get the game a few days later on November 1. 2K now holds the license to
      produce and distribute WWE video games around the world after they bought
      the rights from THQ which went bankrupt earlier this year. This will be
      the first WWE game from 2K and the franchise will adopt the new naming of
      2K and the year rather than just previous titles such as WWE '13. WWE 2K14
      will continue to be developed by Yukes in Japan.

      > PRE-SALE CODE FOR WWE RAW AT THE BARCLAYS CENTER IN BROOKLYN
      - WWE will be invading the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, for the
      first time ever with a live Monday Night RAW on July 15 and the pre-sale
      kicked off yesterday. Tickets can be purchased from Ticketmaster.com with
      prices ranging from $26.50 up to $76.50 plus additional fees. The pre-sale
      ends tonight at 10PM EST. The code needed to purchase tickets now is
      WWERAW. Tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow at 10AM EST.

      > AUSTIN ARIES FINED BY TNA OVER HEMME INCIDENT
      - TMZ.COM is reporting that former TNA champion Austin Aries was hit with
      a big fine from TNA for shoving his crotch into Christy Hemme's face last
      week during the live IMPACT following an honest mistake by the ring
      announcer. Hemme mistakenly called Aries and Storm as Kazarian and Daniels
      during their entrance, and Aries followed by cornering Hemme, forcing her
      to announce their names properly and then climbed the middle rope with his
      crotch coming straight in Hemme's face. The former WWE Diva Search winner
      didn't appreciate the impromptu move and called it "unacceptable" on her
      Twitter although she removed her comment afterward. Aries has since
      reached out privately to Hemme according to TMZ and apologized for his
      move. Hemme told TNA that she was okay with the apology delivered by Aries.

      > DIXIE CARTER OPEN TO TNA/WWE CROSSOVER EVENT
      - While she was in the UK just recently, TNA President Dixie Carter did an
      interview with entertainment website Digital Spy to discuss the upcoming
      TNA tour in the UK in 2014 and an idea that will probably never happen.
      Carter said that she would be open to hold a TNA/WWE crossover event
      although she doesn't think that WWE shares her belief. "I absolutely would
      do that. I'm not sure if they would do that, but I absolutely would,"
      Carter said. The TNA President also said that the "rivalry" between the
      two companies benefits both as competition is healthy. "I think it's
      important for fans and for us. To have one company dominate, a) it's
      boring, and b) you are not being challenged enough. It's always better to
      have other options out there and I truly believe it makes both companies
      better."

      > ZEMA ION DIAGNOSED WITH APPENDICITIS AND COLON TUMOR
      - TNA's Zema Ion was rushed to a hospital two days ago and had to undergo
      surgery to remove his appendix yesterday according to a post on his
      Facebook account. Ion wrote on his Twitter that he's been sick for a few
      days thinking he got some kind of food poisoning since he had been
      "hugging the toilet" vomiting. Eventually sharp pains in his stomach were
      too much to handle and took a trip to the hospital where he was diagnosed
      with appendicitis. However the appendicitis might be the least of his
      problem as he also revealed that a CAT scan showed that he has a tumor in
      his colon and will need another surgery to remove it. "Hoping it is not
      cancerous. Pray for me," the former TNA X Division champion wrote.