    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013

      Thursday, April 25, 2013 Issue #3920

      Would you like to write a guest article for us? Visit
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/articles/ for more information and to read
      other guest articles. A new one was published yesterday from a former W-O
      Newsletter writer George Brazzel, who long-time readers might remember his
      column called The Vertebreaker.

      > WRESTLEMANIA 29 GROSSES OVER $72 MILLION
      - WWE issued a press release today announcing that WrestleMania 29 grossed
      in excess of $72 million, the highest grossing event in WWE history. The
      press release also revealed that the show will once again exceed 1 million
      global pay-per-view buys although it's not expected to surpass last year's
      show. WrestleMania 29 will make more pay-per-view revenue however as it
      cost $5 more than last year. 80,676 fans from all 50 states and 34
      countries jam-packed the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey on April 7 for
      WrestleMania, making it the second highest attended WrestleMania in
      history behind WrestleMania III.

      > CM PUNK ATTENDS IRON MAN 3 PREMIERE WITH LITA
      - The world premiere of Marvel's Iron Man 3 movie was held yesterday at
      the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California, and former WWE champion
      CM Punk was one of the guests invited. Punk - accompanied by his beautiful
      girlfriend and former WWE Diva Lita - joined Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth
      Paltrow, Ben Kingsley, Stan Lee, Joss Whedon, Don Cheadle, and other
      Hollywood big shots on the red carpet. You can check out two photos of the
      two at the premiere at http://w-o.it/XZP0md . Hey, you don't often see
      Lita in a dress and high heels!

      > MICHAEL BAY SAYS HE WAS JOKING WITH "GROW UP" COMMENT
      - Michael Bay said he was joking when he said that Dwayne Johnson needs to
      grow up and stop wrestling 300lbs men. "Wrestling fans, it was a joke,"
      Bay said referring to the comments he said on Entertainment Tonight. "The
      most important person to see the on-air joke was Dwayne." Bay said that he
      loves watching The Rock wrestle and he hopes the former WWE champion
      wrestles for 10 more years. "I joked on air because Dwayne was not at our
      LA premiere due to his injury," the Pain & Gain director added. Earlier in
      the day, The Rock responded to Bay's joke about stopping wrestling 300lbs
      men on Twitter. "I agree. I'll switch to women," Rock said. You can see
      the video of Michael Bay making the comments about The Rock needing to
      grow up at http://w-o.it/Y6QlK9

      > KNOCKOUTS WEBSITE LAUNCHED
      - TNA has launched the Knockouts stand alone website today featuring nine
      of the sexiest and talented females in professional wrestling. The "dare
      to be" inspired website showcases Christy Hemme, Taryn Terrell, Miss
      Tessmacher, Gail Kim, Tara, Mickie James, ODB, SoCal Val, and Velvet Sky,
      with some pretty smoking hot photo galleries and information on the
      Knockouts. You can check it out at WrestlingKnockouts.com.

      > TNA HIRES WWE VETERAN TO HANDLE LIVE EVENT MARKETING
      - TNA has hired WWE veteran Rafael Morffi who will be helping out with the
      TNA live events following the departure of two key officials from the
      company. The news was delivered by Eric Bischoff, who welcomed Morffi with
      a message on his Twitter account. "Big welcome to Rafael Morffi to the
      team. Worked with him at WWE while I was there and looking forward to
      working with him again!" Morffi worked for WWE for 12 years and served as
      Senior Director of Live Event Marketing, in charge of overall local
      marketing and ticket sales campaign for all WWE live events worldwide. He
      also managed all promotions of WWE live events in the NY Tri-State area
      and helped promote WWE's first live events in China and Brazil. He left
      WWE in August 2012 and since his departure he has been the project advisor
      for the major advocacy campaign "Bring MLS to Queens."

      > JUDGE SIDES WITH HOGAN OVER REMOVAL OF SEX TAPE
      - The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Hulk Hogan finally scored one -
      partial - victory in his lawsuit against Gawker over the publishing of his
      sex tape. A judge at a hearing yesterday in a Florida state court has
      granted the Hulkster's request for a temporary restraining order against
      Gawker, and now the website has to pull the video from the page as well as
      hand over all versions and copies of the full-length sex tape and all
      other clips, photos, and transcripts they have in possession. Hogan filed
      the $100 million lawsuit in October of last year but so far has lost every
      battle round in court against the website after a previous judge pointed
      to the First Amendment, saying that Gawker's publishing of the video was
      "in conjunction with the news reporting function." Initially Hogan filed a
      federal lawsuit but then dropped it to re-file it in state court, with
      Judge Pamela Campbell of the Sixth Judicial Circuit in Pinellas County,
      Florida, agreeing with the former WWE and WCW champion. The lawsuit is far
      from over however at least Hogan's bare butt will not be online anymore,
      at least not on Gawker's website.