    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2013

      Saturday, April 20, 2013 Issue #3917

      The W-O News app for iPhone and the W-O News HD for iPad are free for 24
      hours on the Apple App Store. Go ahead and grab them while they're free
      cause tomorrow they're back to the usual 99 cents price. If you download
      them we'd appreciate if you rate it on the store. Thanks.

      We have a new guest article up on the website written by Shane Skwarek
      that deals with Fandango which you can read at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/articles . There will be another guest
      article posted tomorrow as well.

      Been a slow week for news, so..we'll be back on Monday! In the meantime,
      check the website for the latest updates.

      > BIG PAYDAY FOR WORKERS WHO PARTICIPATED AT WRESTLEMANIA WEEK
      - NJ.COM is reporting that local workers who were involved in helping with
      setting up WrestleMania and Axxess earned around $1.4 million in gross
      salaries and benefits. A total of 450 people helped in setting up the huge
      set at the MetLife Stadium, transformed the IZOD Center for Axxess, and
      then set up for RAW, with workers coming in even as far as Cleveland to
      help out. "We ran out of people in New Jersey," International Alliance of
      Theatrical Stagehand President Kevin O'Brien said. Between all Axxess
      events, Hall of Fame, WrestleMania, and RAW, WWE fans bought more than
      140,000 tickets during the weekend.

      > FORBES INTERVIEWS TRIPLE H AND STEPHANIE MCMAHON
      - Forbes.com has an interview with WWE's power couple - Triple H and his
      wife Stephanie McMahon. HHH talked about the Attitude Era, describing it
      as "wild and crazy time" but a lot of fun due to a bit of "a free reign"
      that he and others such as The Rock and Steve Austin enjoyed. When the two
      were asked what keeps the fire burning between the two of them, Stephanie
      said she couldn't answer that one publicly, but her husband immediately
      fired back an answer. "A big log. It keeps the fire burning," the former
      champ joked. You can read the two-page interview at
      http://onforb.es/13BlSpB.

      > TNA TO LAUNCH NEW KNOCKOUTS WEBSITE
      - TNA will be launching the new Knockouts website this coming Thursday
      showcasing the beautiful women who wrestle for the company. The theme of
      the website will be "dare to be" as the preview video for the site has
      Knockouts saying what they dare to be - glamorous, extraordinary, feisty,
      and strong. TNA currently has 11 Knockouts on the roster - Brooke Hogan,
      Christy Hemme, Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, Mickie James, Brooke Tessmacher,
      SoCal Val, Tara, Taeler Hendrix, Taryn Terrell, and Velvet Sky. You can
      see the video preview of the sexy site at

      > EDGE LANDS SERIES REGULAR ROLE FOR TV SHOW HAVEN
      - WWE Hall of Famer and former multiple time WWE and World Heavyweight
      champion Edge has landed a series regular gig on the SyFy television show
      Haven starting from the upcoming season 4. Edge, real name Adam Copeland,
      plays the character of Dwight Hendrickson which was introduced in the
      second season of the show. He has appeared in 11 episodes over the course
      of two seasons and landed 7 episodes in season three before he was
      upgraded to series regular. Jim Ross, who attended the Cauliflower Alley
      Club with Edge this past week, said that Edge will be filming the episodes
      of the show starting in May in the South Shore of Nova Scotia, Canada.