    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2013

      Tuesday, April 9, 2013 Issue #3910

      Last night's Monday Night RAW was a true spectacle. Forget WrestleMania.
      For me, yesterday was my WrestleMania. I never laughed so hard with tears
      in my eyes at a show.

      The crowd - a mix of locals and a large International presence - made RAW
      one of the craziest, rowdiest, noisiest show I've ever been to. I thought
      last year's crowd in Miami after WM was top notch but nothing compares to
      this one.

      The atmosphere was just insane and I don't know how the roof didn't
      explode when Ziggler came out to cash in MITB. I heard a lot of loud pops
      in my life, but this one compared to Lesnar returning last year and
      beating the crap out of Cena.

      The all-night singing made the show weird. If Fandango isn't a star after
      yesterday, then he will never get over. Last year it was Daniel Bryan's
      "Yes," this year it's singing along to Fandango's theme. And kudos to Cena
      and WWE for playing it through after the show was over. When WWE kicked in
      the music after Cena left, the fans went apeshit again and chanted "We are
      awesome."

      Yes, you were awesome. You were more than awesome. You are so awesome you
      deserve your own wing in the WWE Hall of Fame.

      Thank you for the fantastic experience. I will never forget you New
      Jersey. You can see the photos from last night's RAW which I took at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/photos/monday-night-raw-april-6-2013/

      With that said, here's today's issue. I'm flying back home in a few hours.
      I hope you enjoyed our WrestleMania coverage on the site, Facebook and
      Twitter. It was cool interacting with everyone during RAW yesterday. At
      least the Internet didn't crap out on me in the arena!!

      "GONE TOO SOON" and "WRESTLING'S SINKING SHIP"
      Dip into wrestling's past @ www.tinyurl.com/ihbooks
      Available on Kindle, iTunes and paperback via Amazon

      > DOLPH ZIGGLER SUCCESSFULLY CASHES IN MONEY IN THE BANK
      - The "We want Ziggler" chants that took over the IZOD Center today on RAW
      were answered as Ziggler successfully cashed in his Money In The Bank
      after Alberto Del Rio defeated Jack Swagger to retain the World
      Heavyweight title. Ziggler came out to a gigantic pop and the crowd stayed
      on its feet to during the very short match which saw Ziggler win the World
      title for the second time in his career. The former Spirit Squad member
      was super over with the crowd and was treated like a mega superstar by the
      fans as they went bananas when he pinned Del Rio. Funny enough, his former
      girlfriend and comedienne Amy Schumer immediately took it to Twitter to
      crack a joke and address the new champion. "Um, @HEELZiggler i feel like
      we should get back together," she wrote.

      > ZIGGLER THANKS FANS FOR MEMORABLE NIGHT
      - The new World Heavyweight champion Dolph Ziggler thanked the New Jersey
      crowd - filled with International flags from people across the world -
      with a message on Twitter, posting a meme which read "First 2014 HOF
      Inductee - New Jersey crowd." "I'll induct," wrote Ziggler, whose never
      ending chanting of his name as well as the massive pop he received
      transformed him into a mega superstar on television yesterday. "Amazing
      time, amazing team @WWEAJLee @BigELangston ABOUT DAMN TIME," he added,
      closing his tweet with a heel remark, "#thanksmarks." Big E offered his
      own congratulations on Twitter to the new champ saying, "Congratulations
      to the new World Heavyweight Champion @heelziggler. Best tag team
      partner/double dutcher/lasagna chef I've ever known." New Jersey's own AJ
      Lee also congratulated Ziggler on his amazing night. "Congratulations to
      my baby Ziggy @HEELZiggler. No one works harder or deserves it more. No
      one. I'm so happy right now."

      > JOHN CENA DANCES HIS WAY OUT OF RAW TO FANS SINGING FANDANGO'S THEME
      - After Monday Night RAW went off the air, John Cena addressed the crowd's
      weird choice of singing Fandango's theme song. Cena said he heard a lot of
      chants - including for Michael Cole, Justin Roberts, and JBL - however he
      didn't hear one for the camera man Disco Stu. So what did the fans do? Of
      course chant his name. Cena said that from all the chants, he loved the
      "We Are Awesome" chants. He thanked the fans for making Dolph Ziggler's
      moment of winning the World title special. He said that when Rock debuted
      the new WWE title he said it was for the people. Cena said that he was
      right, because it's the fans who create the Superstars and the fans create
      the atmosphere. He said a lot of dollars and a lot of vacation days were
      spent over this WrestleMania weekend and there was no better way that to
      prove that title belongs to the people, he was going to leave it to the
      fans. He threw the belt in the middle of the ring to a loud applause from
      the crowd. Cena said that usually they end the night by playing somebody's
      music but not tonight, because tonight, the fans are going to play the
      music. At that moment, the rowdy New Jersey crowd started singing
      Fandango's theme as Cena danced his way all the way to backstage, bowing
      to the crowd before going to the back to a nice ovation from the fans. You
      can see the full video of this at http://w-o.it/YdbqBP

      > CRAZY FANS IN NEW JERSEY LIGHT UP RAW
      - Last year on the day after WrestleMania, the Miami crowd showed all the
      fans how to interact during a live RAW. This time around, New Jersey and
      the tons of International fans that made it to the show showed Miami that
      they do it better in New Jersey. The fans inside the IZOD Center for RAW
      gave a Hall of Fame worthy performance, singing, dancing, chanting, and
      even doing the Mexican wave during the three hour RAW broadcast. The
      pro-heel, anti-face crowd gave the usual faces a hard time and chanted for
      the bad guys. During the Sheamus vs Orton match, the crowd totally ignored
      the ring and created their own show, chanting "Michael Cole," "Jerry,"
      "JBL," "Justin Roberts," "Austin," "Chris Benoit," "We want pretzels,"
      "Randy Savage," "We are awesome," and a bunch of other random names that
      had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on. But the most amazing
      thing was the crowd was singing along to Fandango's theme following his
      appearance, dancing around and having a great time as the three hours of
      RAW flew by quickly. It was one of those nights where the fans made the
      show seem more spectacular, helping Dolph Ziggler get one of the biggest
      pops he'll ever receive in his entire life, and making Fandango a very,
      very, very happy man indeed. After the show was over, fans still sang
      along to Fandango's theme in the hallways of the IZOD Center and in the
      car parks as you can see from the video at http://w-o.it/Y9zDEL

      > THE ROCK SUFFERS ABDOMEN AND ABDUCTOR MUSCLES TEAR
      - In a message posted on Twitter as soon as RAW was going on air on USA
      Network, The Rock said that he tore his abdomen and abductor muscles off
      the bone halfway through his WrestleMania match against John Cena. "Just
      part of the job," The Rock tweeted. "But as we know it's all about
      #JustBringIt. WWE Universe THANK YOU for all the love & well wishes. Means
      everything to me. #LeaveItAllInTheRing." The Rock surprised everyone by
      packing up and flying home and sources say the backstage atmosphere was in
      chaos as the creative team tried to cook up a new storyline to replace the
      one which he was supposed to be a part of with Brock Lesnar. Dwayne
      Johnson will be filming the new movie Hercules this month and obviously
      cannot afford any downtime due to production. Prior to RAW starting, ring
      announcer Justin Roberts announced that The Rock was injured and he would
      not be on the show tonight. That led to some massive boos and every time
      he came on screen for a commercial or a replay from WrestleMania, the fans
      heavily booed him. The trailer for his upcoming Pain & Gain movie was
      played like five times during commercial breaks for fans inside the arena.

      > TRIPLE H ON SMACKDOWN THIS WEEK
      - Triple H will be appearing on the Smackdown broadcast this week, which
      is being taped in Boston, Massachusetts tonight. The Game - who overcame
      Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania - had to get an X-Ray on his hand after his
      match was over as it was swollen after landing badly on it. The X-ray
      showed no broken bones however. "Hand and arm not working, head to toe
      pain...... loved every minute!!!!!" wrote Triple H, adding a photo of his
      swollen hand in a post on Twitter. HHH had been advertised for this
      Smackdown for quite a while now and Chris Jericho is also scheduled to be
      there along with the new WWE champ John Cena. The dark match advertised is
      Sheamus, Orton, and Ryback taking on The Shield in a six man tag team
      match.

      > HALL OF FAME BROADCAST TO AIR ON USA NETWORK TONIGHT
      - WWE will air an edited version of the Hall of Fame ceremony tonight on
      USA Network starting at 10PM EST. The 75 minute broadcast - extended by 15
      minutes - will feature some of the best moments from Saturday's three and
      a half hour Hall of Fame event which took place on Saturday night at
      Madison Square Garden. Originally the show was going to be 60 minutes
      featuring Sammartino, Trump, and Stratus, however WWE fans complained that
      Foley was not going to be featured and WWE decided to include him as well.

      > CHRIS SABIN READY TO RETURN
      - TNA's Chris Sabin is making his return to TNA Wrestling this month, 9
      months after suffering a torn ACL. The former TNA X Division and Tag Team
      title holder suffered an injury during an episode of IMPACT back in June
      2012 and it was then announced that he tore his left ACL while wrestling
      Austin Aries and Zema Ion in an Ultimate X match. He appeared on the July
      5 edition of the show where he was attacked by the then TNA champ Bobby
      Roode and he has been off television since that day. His return was
      revealed by TNA President Dixie Carter who said she received a text
      message saying that he's ready.