    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2013

      Sunday, April 7, 2013 Issue #3908

      I really enjoyed the Hall of Fame last night. There were some funny
      moments. McMahon said that he's the ugliest looking bald man in the world,
      and when the crowd got quiet some dude yelled, "Have you ever seen Hogan?"
      That got a big pop from the crowd and even Vince acknowledged it.
      Hilarious. Arnold Schwarzenegger was pretty cool too, lively, and looked
      pumped up to be there. He talked about bench pressing 400lbs last time,
      which got a nice response from the crowd, and then said it happened when
      he lifted NJ Governor Christie off his chair. That went over even more
      than anything else on the show. No love for the NJ Governor.

      Anyway, it's WrestleMania Sunday. I will be tweeting from the event as
      long as the Internet connection allows me. Follow me at
      http://www.twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Enjoy the show if you're watching on TV! Pray for us that we don't freeze
      in the stadium tonight.

      "GONE TOO SOON" and "WRESTLING'S SINKING SHIP"
      Dip into wrestling's past @ www.tinyurl.com/ihbooks
      Available on Kindle, iTunes and paperback via Amazon

      > WRESTLEMANIA 29 LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW TONIGHT
      - Live tonight from the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey,
      WWE will present the biggest pay-per-view on the calendar - WrestleMania
      29. The full card is as follows: The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE title;
      The Undertaker vs CM Punk; Triple H vs Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred
      match and Triple H's career on the line; Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger
      for the World Heavyweight title; Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show vs The
      Shield; Ryback vs Mark Henry; Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E
      Langston for the WWE tag team titles; Chris Jericho vs Fandango; and
      Brodus Clay, Tensai, and the Funkadactyls vs Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow,
      and the Bella Twins. Plus Wade Barrett vs The Miz for the Intercontinental
      title in the pre-show.

      > HALL OF FAME: A NIGHT IN PICTURES
      - The 2013 WWE Hall of Fame ran for three and a half hours yesterday with
      stories from Mick Foley, Trish Stratus, Booker T, Bob Backlund, Donald
      Trump, and Bruno Sammartino. Their respective inductors - Terry Funk,
      Stephanie McMahon, Stevie Ray, Maria Menounos, Vince McMahon, and Arnold
      Schwarzenegger - also had some stories to tell, most of which were
      welcomed, while another, Maria Menounos, was booed. From dropped elbows,
      to Santa Claus, to baby announcements, to crazy behavior, etc, the Class
      of 2013 didn't disappoint when it came to their speeches. Some fans
      however decided to tarnish the show by disrespecting two of the
      celebrities involved in the show - Maria Menonous and Donald Trump.
      Booing, chanting obscenities, and causing disturbance, it still showed
      that some wrestling fans have no business to attend on such a night.
      There's a certain type of friendly boo - like Trish Stratus' husband got
      when he was mentioned - to a completely different "get off the stage" boo
      like Menounos and Trump received. This event is the honor and appreciate
      everyone involved and not to voice your displeasure at someone. Hopefully
      one day, WWE will realise that the Hall of Fame should be in an intimate
      setting, ensuring the total respect for the inductees and whoever is
      inducting them. Over a 100 photos have been uploaded from last night's
      show, all captured by Wrestling-Online.com and you can see them at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/photos/wwe-hall-of-fame-2013/

      > USA NETWORK EXTENDS HOF BROADCAST BY 15 MINUTES
      - USA Network has increased the coverage of the Hall of Fame ceremony on
      Tuesday by 15 minutes and will now run for a total of 75 minutes. The
      addition comes mainly due to the addition of Mick Foley's segment on the
      show which was added after WWE fans complained about him being left out.
      Originally, Trish Stratus, Donald Trump, and Bruno Sammartino were going
      to be featured on the show which will air at 10PM EST. It will be
      interesting to see how WWE will edit the speeches considering everyone -
      maybe except Trump who wasn't given time by fans to speak because of the
      booing - had a fantastic speech and it surely must be a headache for the
      editors. The full Hall of Fame ceremony will be included in the
      WrestleMania 29 DVD and Blu-Ray.

      > EMPIRE STATE BUILDING TO SHOW WM COLORS TONIGHT
      - The Empire State Building in New York will be beaming with the
      WrestleMania 29 colors tonight as WWE takes over one of the world's most
      recognizable and popular buildings. Blue and yellow will be the colors
      lighting up the 102-floor, 1,454 feet long building with blue at the top,
      yellow underneath it, then blue halo, yellow, and blue fins. If you are
      not in the area to see it in person, don't worry, WWE will certainly be
      showing images of it tonight during the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view
      broadcast.

      > VINCE MCMAHON RESPONDS TO DONALD TRUMP'S CHALLENGE
      - Speaking on the WWE Active app after the Hall of Fame, Renee Young asked
      WWE Chairman and CEO if we will see another battle of the billionaires at
      next year's WrestleMania and maybe Vince getting redemption over what
      happened last time around with Donald Trump. "I'm 67. Donald's (coughs) 60
      whatever, so, I have no idea, but it will be interesting," McMahon said
      referring to the challenge that Trump made during the Hall of Fame speech.
      Vince also spoke about the huge importance of coming back to the New York
      area for WrestleMania since this is where it all began. McMahon said it
      was appropriate that they're using the Diddy song "Coming Home" to promote
      this show because it is very special to really come back home.

      > JERSEY SHORE STAR IGNORED BY WWE AFTER REQUESTING FREE TICKET
      - TMZ.COM is reporting that Jersey Shore star Angelina Pivarnick tried to
      score a free WrestleMania 29 ticket from WWE but was ignored. The
      celeb-busting website says that Pivarnick has been contacting "every WWE
      employee she can find" but so far has been unlucky in her quest and
      chances of her getting a ticket are slim to none. When TMZ contacted WWE,
      a source told the website that they were "unable to accommodate her
      request due to overwhelming demand for tickets." Jersey Shore fans need
      not to worry though as Snooki will be at WrestleMania and will be one of
      the celebrities involved in the show.