    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2013

      Saturday, April 6, 2013 Issue #3906

      Hall of Fame tonight! I'm really, really looking forward to this show,
      much more than WrestleMania itself. If I manage to get good photos,
      they'll be up on the site tonight or tomorrow morning. Videos as well. And
      if the Internet doesn't crap out, I'll do some live tweeting too. Last
      time it was super slow and kept getting disconnected. We'll see tonight.

      "GONE TOO SOON" and "WRESTLING'S SINKING SHIP"
      Dip into wrestling's past @ www.tinyurl.com/ihbooks
      Available on Kindle, iTunes and paperback via Amazon

      > RIC FLAIR ARRIVES IN NEW JERSEY FOR MANIA WEEKEND
      - Ric Flair, along with his girlfriend Wendy Barlow, made their way to New
      Jersey and are now at the WWE base at the Westin Jersey City Newport
      hotel. Flair was pulled out of the WrestleMania Axxess signing and
      replaced by the Undertaker after his son Reid passed away. Flair was also
      pulled from all non-WWE events at WrestleMania weekend. Funeral for his
      son was held on Wednesday in Charlotte, North Carolina. It looks like the
      two-time WWE Hall of Famer will be in the audience for tonight's big Hall
      of Fame event in Madison Square Garden and will be backstage for
      WrestleMania tomorrow. His girlfriend Wendy Barlow is the former Fifi The
      Maid in WCW.

      > CLASS OF 2013 HONORED TONIGHT AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
      - Live tonight from Madison Square Garden, WWE will present probably the
      most star-studded Hall of Fame of all time. Headlining the show will be
      the man who many believe would never accept the invitation - the living
      legend and longest reigning WWE champion ever Bruno Sammartino. He will be
      inducted by former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Mick Foley
      will join the all time greats this year, being the first person announced
      for this year's Hall of Fame ceremony. He promised an epic speech and fans
      fought to have his speech appear on the HOF broadcast on USA Network next
      Tuesday. He will be inducted by his longtime friend and former tag team
      partner Terry Funk. One of the greatest - if just not the greatest - WWE
      Divas of all time will also be honored at tonight's show. The former seven
      time Women's champion Trish Stratus will join the Hall of Fame after she
      gets inducted by WWE executive Stephanie McMahon. Former five time, five
      time, five time, five time, five time, WCW champion Booker T will add Hall
      of Famer to his resumé tonight with his brother and former Harlem Heat tag
      team partner Stevie Ray inducting him. One of the longest reigning WWE
      champions Bob Backlund also joins the class of 2013 and many believe he
      should have been there already by now. TV host, actress, and longtime
      friend of Backlund Maria Menounos will be inducting Backlund. And last and
      certainly not least, the newest member in the celebrity wing of the WWE
      Hall of Fame will be Donald Trump. Trump, who hosted WrestleMania IV and V
      and his Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, will be inducted by his friend and
      WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.

      > HORNSWOGGLE WINS 2013 SUPERSTAR CHALLENGE AT AXXESS
      - Hornswoggle won the 2013 2K Sports Superstar Challenge yesterday at
      Axxess, defeating Big E. Langston in the final WWE '13 match to win the
      trophy. Last year's champion AJ Lee did not participate in the tournament.
      The Superstar Challenge had 16 WWE Superstars face off against each other
      in a tournament style. In the qualifying rounds, JTG defeated Tyson Kidd,
      Big E. Langston defeated Zack Ryder, Jey Uso defeated Epico, Jimmy Uso
      defeated Primo, Kofi Kingston defeated Alex Riley, Hornswoggle defeated
      Damien Sandow, Hunico defeated Sin Cara, and Rosa Medes defeated Kaitlyn.
      In the quarter finals, Big E defeated Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso defeated Hunico,
      Hornswoggle defeated Kofi Kingston, and JTG defeated Rosa Mendes. Moving
      to the semi finals, Hornswoggle defeated JTG and then Big E defeated Jimmy
      Uso to set up the big man vs little man finale which this time around, the
      quick fingers of Hornswoggle proved to be a bit too much for Langston. The
      event was streamed live on the Internet by the new WWE video game license
      holders 2K Sports.

      > THE ROCK ON THE COVER OF WWE 2K 14 VIDEO GAME
      - Casey Collins, the Executive Vice President of Consumer Products for WWE
      revealed this morning at the WWE Global Business Partner Summit that The
      Rock will be on the cover of the upcoming WWE 2K 14 video game. Despite
      working only part time with WWE, the current WWE champion got the coveted
      spot on the cover of one of the most popular video games which is expected
      to be released in Fall 2013. This will be the first game under the 2K
      Sports video game license after 2K won the rights from the bankrupt THQ.
      CM Punk was on the official cover of WWE '13 although several versions and
      limited editions of the game came out with different covers.

      > WEATHER COOPERATING FOR OUTDOOR WRESTLEMANIA
      - It looks like WWE's gamble to host WrestleMania 29 in an open-air
      stadium in New Jersey is going to pay off as the weather for tomorrow
      seems to be going to cooperate. The weather forecast for tomorrow for the
      MetLife Stadium area has a high of 60 degrees Fahrenheit and a low of 49
      degrees Fahrenheit. That is 16 degrees Celsius and a low of 9 degrees
      Celsius for non U.S. readers. The chance of rain stands in at 20% all day
      long although the forecast says there will be clouds. Regardless if it
      rains or not, fans are encouraged to get proper clothing as it will be
      still cold, especially after sitting for so many hours.

      > DIXIE CARTER SENDS BEST WISHES TO WWE FOR WM WEEKEND
      - TNA President Dixie Carter sent in her best wishes to WWE this weekend
      for the big WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view. Writing on Twitter, Carter said
      she met Stephanie McMahon for the first time this week, and although she
      didn't mention where, it most likely was at the Reid Flair funeral since
      both Stephanie and her husband Triple H are big friends of Ric Flair.
      "Wish her and her family much success this weekend," Carter wrote. TNA
      capitalized on the thousands of fans who are in the area for WrestleMania
      and put up a non-televised show in New York yesterday night which also
      featured an appearance by Hulk Hogan.