    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013

      Monday, April 1, 2013 Issue #3901

      Here we go! WrestleMania week is underway! I fly out on Thursday for all
      the chaos and the drama so I'm hoping the newsletter will be sent out from
      30,000 feet up assuming my flight has Internet (which it should) on board.
      If not, it will be sent later that Thursday night. Newsletter times will
      vary from Thursday onwards for a week so it will really depend on what's
      going on and what my schedule is for that particular day.

      I'll be at the Hall of Fame, WrestleMania, RAW, and 99% at WrestleCon on
      Sunday morning and maybe, just maybe, Axxess on Sunday afternoon, although
      there seem to be no tickets left for that session.

      "GONE TOO SOON" and "WRESTLING'S SINKING SHIP"
      Dip into wrestling's past @ www.tinyurl.com/ihbooks
      Available on Kindle, iTunes and paperback via Amazon

      > WWE TAKES OVER NEW YORK CITY STARTING TOMORROW
      - WWE issued a press release today announcing the multiple appearances of
      several WWE Superstars and Divas throughout the New York area. WWE will be
      taking over the city visiting the Empire State Building, the Lexington
      Avenue Armory, several children's hospitals, Radio City Music Hall, Wall
      Street, Liberty Science Center and others. It is going to be a wild and
      crazy week for everyone involved at WWE and it will take some serious
      management to keep up with all the appearances and media throughout the
      day. The full list of the schedule can be seen at http://w-o.it/XT4TYv

      > RAW AND SMACKDOWN TAPED TONIGHT FROM D.C.
      - Tonight, WWE will tape Monday Night RAW live and then tape parts of
      Smackdown which will air on Friday night along with scenes from Axxess
      later in the week. RAW is stacked with everyone - including The Rock,
      Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, and Triple H - all scheduled to appear for
      the final push for WrestleMania which is just six days away. The show is
      sold out from the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., and fans attending
      the tapings are going to sit for a very, very long show.

      > NORTH JERSEY WEBSITE LOOKS AT WM ECONOMIC IMPACT
      - NorthJersey.com has an article regarding the economy that WrestleMania
      29 will leave in the New York and New Jersey areas as thousands upon
      thousands of fans from around the world descent into the cities for the
      showcase of the immortals. WrestleMania is estimated to give the New York
      City and North Jersey economies a lift of $100 million or more from
      spending on hotels, meals, rental cars and shopping, officials have said.
      The article states that around 36 hotels within seven miles of the MetLife
      Stadium are all sold out for the weekend. "For us it's all about heads in
      beds," said James Kirkos, head of the Meadowlands Chamber of Commerce. You
      can read the full article at http://bit.ly/XT7di3.

      > WWE NOMINATED FOR SIX SHORTY AWARDS
      - WWE has been nominated for six awards at the fifth-annual Shorty Awards,
      which honor the best in social media, recognizing the people and
      organizations producing real-time short content across Twitter, Facebook,
      Tumblr, YouTube, Foursquare and the rest of the social web. WWE has been
      nominated for outstanding work in the following categories: Best Overall
      Brand Presence on Twitter, @WWE on Twitter; Best use of a Hashtag, WWE and
      Komen for the Cure team up for #RiseAboveCancer; Best Overall Brand
      Presence on Facebook, WWE's Facebook Page Network; Best use of Social
      Media for Television, WWE's Social Integration on WWE Raw and Smackdown;
      Best use of Social Media for Video Games, Be on the Cover of WWE '13; and
      Best Branded YouTube Channel, WWE on YouTube. The Shorty Awards event will
      take place on April 8 in New York City. "We are excited that WWE has been
      nominated in so many categories by the Shorty Awards," said Perkins
      Miller, Executive Vice President of Digital Media, WWE. "The digital team
      has worked hard on all the initiatives, and we look forward to continuing
      to push the level of creativity and content through multiple platforms."

      > DWAYNE JOHNSON ROCKS THE BOX OFFICE WITH G.I. JOE
      - Dwayne Johnson rocked the box office with his G.I. Joe: Retaliation
      movie this weekend, climbing to the top chart with over an estimated
      $51,000,000 in box office revenue according to BoxOfficeMojo.com. The
      movie - starring The Rock, Channing Tatum, and Bruce Willis, and directed
      by Jon Chu - however opened less than the original G.I. Joe: The Rise of
      Cobra, which did $54,713,046 in its opening weekend in 2009. Despite
      opening a bit lower than the first movie, Retaliation is predicted to do
      much more money than its predecessor and it cost lest to produce as well.
      The 3D addition to the movie is also adding to the revenue since 3D
      tickets are more expensive. The movie opened in several foreign countries
      as well and preliminary estimates for the weekend show that it did an
      additional over $80,000,000 million worldwide, sending its total to over
      $132 million. G.I. Joe: Retaliation had a production budget of $130
      million versus the $175 million for The Rise of Cobra. The first G.I. Joe
      movie did a worldwide box office of $302,469,017 in its full theatrical
      run.

      > JERRY LAWLER LAUNCHES WRESTLING MUSEUM IN MEMPHIS
      - Jerry "The King" Lawler has opened up a wrestling museum in his home
      town of Memphis, Tennessee, with a bunch of his wrestling memorabilia put
      on display. The museum - launched yesterday - is located at Wynn
      Automotive at 1831 Getwell Road and has a free entrance for walk-throughs.
      Merchandise and other items are available for sale. "There is a lot of
      stuff, you could spend a lot of time in here, so if you┬╣re really a
      wrestling fan or a Jerry Lawler fan, there is a lot to see," Lawler told
      WREG TV, the local CBS affiliate. The museum will be open Mondays to
      Saturdays from 9AM to 6PM. You can see the video report from WREG TV about
      the launch, including a talk with Lawler and a preview of the museum at
      http://w-o.it/10eLB2s