    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013

      Saturday, March 30, 2013 Issue #3900

      If you are going to WrestleMania and will be attending any of the events
      and are taking videos, please hit us up as we'd love to add them to our
      new YouTube channel. We will be constantly updating it with any videos
      while in New York and New Jersey. Make sure you send us your full name as
      well so we can add the credit. You can subscribe to our YouTube channel at
      http://www.youtube.com/wrestlingonlinecom

      Happy Easter to all those who celebrate it!

      "GONE TOO SOON" and "WRESTLING'S SINKING SHIP"
      Dip into wrestling's past with tinyurl.com/ihbooks
      Available on Kindle, iTunes and paperback via Amazon

      > MAINSTREAM MEDIA PICKS UP REID FLAIR'S TRAGIC DEATH
      - There have been no new developments on the tragic death of Reid Flair,
      who passed away yesterday at the age of 25 at a hotel in Charlotte, North
      Carolina. Reid and his father, two-time WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, were
      scheduled to be part of two events for the Big Time Wrestling promotion in
      Hagerstown, Maryland, yesterday night and tonight in Altoona,
      Pennsylvania. Obviously Ric Flair canceled his appearances due to the
      circumstances. Ric was also scheduled to be a part of a meet and greet on
      Friday, April 5, at the The Hotel Pennsylvania in New York. It's not known
      if Flair will cancel all his appearances next week including those for WWE
      during WrestleMania weekend. Meanwhile the mainstream media picked up on
      the passing of the young Flair with the Examiner, CNN, Los Angeles Times,
      Charlotte Observer, Huffington Post, Associated Press, and others all
      posting stories.

      > NEW EVP OF WWE INTERNATIONAL APPOINTED
      - WWE yesterday announced the hiring of Gerrit Meier as Executive Vice
      President of WWE International. Meier will report directly to WWE Chairman
      and CEO Vince McMahon. As the head of the International division, Meier
      will be a key member of WWE's senior management team. He will be
      responsible for growing WWE's brand and business outside of the U.S. with
      the primary focus on expanding the company's international television
      distribution agreements. Meier will also manage the continued advancement
      of WWE¹s international licensing, live events, digital and publishing
      operations. Meier brings nearly 20 years of experience in this field and
      prior to joining WWE he held senior leadership positions and expanded the
      international footprint of several well-known companies such as Spotify,
      Clear Channel and Bertelsmann.

      > THE ROCK APPEARS ON JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE
      - WWE champion The Rock was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live on ABC and unlike
      his Jay Leno appearance, it was mostly all about wrestling and
      WrestleMania this time around. The Rock said he is currently pulling
      double duty, training for WrestleMania and getting in shape for his
      upcoming role in the movie Hercules. He said he has an insane diet
      regiment with 7 meals a day and a lot of training. Kimmel asked why do all
      the training when he knows who's going to win at WrestleMania? He smiled
      and said he might know who's going to win but added that if he loses, it's
      phony, while if he wins, it's going to be real! Discussion turned to his
      first wrestling match and Rock said it was at Corpus Christi in a dark
      match before RAW, wrestling the Brooklyn Brawler. He recounted a story of
      when he was in the Gorilla position and asked one of the producers about a
      theme song. He thought he'd get a cool theme but instead he got some
      "horse sh!t techno music" and even though the music was loud he was still
      hearing fans telling him that he sucked while going down the ramp. The
      final part of the show then transitioned to talk about the G.I. Joe:
      Retaliation movie. You can see his appearance in full at
      http://w-o.it/10iALr7

      > SCOTT HALL SITS DOWN FOR A VIDEO UPDATE REGARDING HIS HEALTH
      - Scott Hall, who is currently in Atlanta living with Diamond Dallas Page
      and Jake "The Snake" Roberts inside the 'accountability crib,' sat down
      for a small video to talk about his ongoing progress. Hall is looking good
      and healthy and said he feels great. He said unlike other previous rehabs,
      he has no urges for alcohol and whenever he and Jake go out to eat they
      don't even have any desire to drink. He expressed his thanks to all the
      fans who "invested" their money in Scott Hall on indiegogo.com and said
      that his hip surgery is scheduled for April 9. He said he's excited about
      it and they told him he'll be walking again on the day of the surgery.
      Hall said that they're signing a lot of autographs and doing Skype calls -
      which is new for him - to thank the tons of fans who supported his
      fundraising. You can see the video at http://w-o.it/10mhaF0

      > NEW BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWER DEBUTS ON SAMCKDOWN
      - A new backstage interviewer made her debut on Smackdown last night
      although she has been working for WWE for a few months. Renee Paquette,
      who goes by the name of Renee Young in WWE, was involved in a backstage
      segment on the show, interviewing Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show. She
      was signed by WWE in October of last year from The Score in Canada and in
      February of this year she started being featured in interviews on the WWE
      Active app. "Wow!! Seriously, thanks for all the tweets about making my
      debut on #Smackdown. Very cool! Let's all hug in a totally friend-zone
      kinda way," she wrote on Twitter after a wave of fans congratulated her
      after her appearance. She seems like she's a permanent interviewer on the
      blue brand now as Michael Cole congratulated her on Twitter saying it is
      going to be a "fun ride on Smackdown," while JBL wrote about she doing a
      great job. Renee has previously done NXT and appeared on WWE's
      international broadcasts as well on the pay-per-view pre-shows. You can
      see a few photos of her from our original story from last year at
      http://w-o.it/QlqaYU