    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2013

      Friday, March 29, 2013 Issue #3899

      We have space for the $3-a-day advertising again starting from this issue.
      If you're interested in advertising your website/product/business for just
      $3 per issue with no minimum on the newsletter please send us an e-mail.

      > REID FLAIR, SON OF RIC FLAIR, PASSES AWAY AT AGE 25
      - Reid Flair, the 25 year old son of two time WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair,
      has passed away according to PWInsider.com. No cause of death has been
      reported. Reid has been training to be a professional wrestler for quite a
      few years and this past January traveled to Japan with his father,
      replacing him in the tag match after Ric was pulled out due to a leg
      injury. His sister Ashley is under a WWE developmental deal down at NXT
      and works under the name of Charlotte. Reid has made several appearances
      in both WCW and WWE and was featured with the whole Flair family the day
      after WrestleMania when WWE held the Ric Flair retirement party on RAW.
      Our condolences to the whole Flair family.

      > STATEMENT ISSUED ON THE DEATH OF REID FLAIR
      - Police officers responded to a call at the Residence Inn-SouthPark in
      Charlotte, Carolina, where they found an unresponsive Reid Flair in a
      hotel room at around 10:35AM today. According to the Charlotte Observer,
      preliminary investigations suggest that there was no foul play involved
      although the cause of death is still not known and won't be known until an
      autopsy is carried out. Ric Flair's agent, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy
      Talent and Entertainment, issued a statement earlier today. "We are
      heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today
      March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC. The investigation into the cause of death
      is ongoing. Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and
      professional wrestler. No words can describe the grief that Ric and his
      family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this
      devastating time."

      > LATEST FLAIR TWEETS SUGGEST HE WAS FOCUSING MORE ON WRESTLING
      - Reid Flair has just returned to the United States on March 26 after
      spending some time in Japan to wrestle for All Japan Pro Wrestling and
      described his experience as "living the dream" in a post on Twitter. "Made
      it home but no time to rest. Already back to work. Always improving in one
      way or another," he wrote three days ago. Reid was scheduled to appear
      with his father in two shows in Maryland this weekend, shows that Ric's
      agent referred to in a statement concerning his health earlier this week.
      "Two shows in Maryland this weekend with @RicFlairNatrBoy. Good #wrestling
      and even better times ahead," Reid added in a Twitter post sent just 24
      hours ago. Flair had a rocky few years lately and had some run-ins with
      the law. In 2007, he was arrested for assault and battery, and was
      released after posting bail. In 2009 he was again arrested for driving
      while impaired in North Carolina, and was released after posting $1000 in
      bail. A few months after that incident, he was once again arrested after
      police officers found black tar heroin inside his car. He was also charged
      with driving while impaired, driving with a revoked license, and
      possession of drug paraphernalia, and was released after posting $15,000
      in bail.

      > WRESTLING PERSONALITIES SEND THEIR CONDOLENCES TO FLAIR FAMILY
      - The Twitter world exploded with tweets just minutes after the
      announcement that 24 year old Reid Flair had passed away, sending his name
      and #RIPReidFlair trending worldwide in the top spot. Wrestling
      personalities, most of whom worked with his father Ric, sent in their
      condolences. "Heavy heart. Our thoughts, prayers, and sympathy to Ric
      Flair and family at the passing of Reid Flair. Such a sad day," wrote Eric
      Bischoff, who brought in Reid in WCW years ago for a storyline with his
      dad. "Been on a flight all day just heard about the passing of Reid. My
      thoughts and prayers go out to Ric Flair and his family," wrote The Miz,
      who had been involved with Flair lately in WWE. "Heartbroken to hear about
      the passing of Reid Flair. So young. I can't imagine what Ric is going
      through," said Shane Helms, who himself just became a father a few months
      ago. Dixie Carter, the former employer of Ric Flair at TNA also chimed in.
      "Devastated to hear about the passing of Ric Flair's son, Reid. Please
      join all of us at TNA in praying for Ric & his family at this sad time."
      "My heart is with Ric and Reid Flair today! Reid was my son too," wrote
      Roddy Piper, a long-time friend of the Nature Boy. Karen Jarrett, the wife
      of Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle's ex also sent in her condolences. "So
      sorry for the loss of your son Reid! We love you @RicFlairNatrBoy praying
      for you and your family!" Scott Hall, who had his own fair share of
      troubles wrote, "Just heard some disturbing news, hope its not true.
      Nature Boy my prayers are with you and your family."

      > SLAMMIVERSARY 2013 TICKETS ON SALE
      - Tickets for TNA's Slammiversary pay-per-view on June 2 went on sale this
      morning at 10AM on Ticketmaster.com. The show is being held at the Agganis
      Arena, located on campus at Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts.
      This is the 11th annual of one of the big TNA pay-per-views. Tickets are
      priced $18, $35, $50, $60, $125, and $175, plus other taxes and fees. The
      highest priced ticket carries $14.55 in fees while the lowest priced
      ticket has $8.65 in fees. TNA will not use the full arena but more or less
      three quarters of it with the side where the stage is completely blacked
      out.

      > WWE LAUNCHES NEW YAHOO! SCREEN CHANNEL
      - WWE has launched a new channel on Yahoo! Screen, right now dominated
      with all things about WrestleMania. Apart from the usual links and Twitter
      feeds to promote the show, there are also three video sections to promote
      John Cena vs The Rock, Undertaker vs CM Punk, Triple H vs Brock Lesnar.
      Two other sections feature the road to WrestleMania and classic
      WrestleMania moments. You can see the channel at
      http://screen.yahoo.com/wwe-wrestlemania-29/

      > SEAN "DIDDY" COMBS TO PERFORM AT WRESTLEMANIA
      - Grammy Award winner Sean "Diddy" Combs will be performing live at
      WrestleMania 29 as well as co-hosting the Superstars for Sandy Relief
      party with WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon as part of the WrestleMania
      week activities. As part of his partnership with WWE, Combs will also be a
      part of an online auction for Sandy Relief where he will be offering the
      winning person an opportunity to be an intern for a day at his Bad Boy
      Records entertainment company. The Superstars for Sandy Relief party will
      include special guest Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and will be held on
      Thursday, April 4 at Cipriani Wall Street. WWE announced through a press
      release that Combs will also serve an ambassador for their Be a STAR
      anti-bullying initiative. The song "Coming Home" from Diddy-Dirty Money is
      also being used as an official theme song for WrestleMania 29 and will be
      integrated throughout the show. The song was previously used as a theme
      for the WWE Tribute to the Troops show a couple of years ago when the song
      was released. ³WrestleMania is one of the biggest spectacles in the world
      and I¹m looking forward to performing in front of millions on April 7,²
      said Combs. ³I¹ve always been a fan of WWE and I¹m excited to support
      these two important causes, Superstars for Sandy Relief and the Be a STAR
      anti-bullying initiative.²

      > MARIA MENOUNOS TO INDUCT BOB BACKLUND IN THE HALL OF FAME
      - Actress and WWE fan Maria Menounos will be the one inducting Bob
      Backlund into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 6 in Madison Square Garden.
      The announcement of Menounos as the inductor for Bob Backlund might seem
      weird but the two are big friends. "I am truly humbled to be inducted into
      the WWE Hall of Fame," said Bob Backlund. "Maria has been a friend for
      years and I can't think of someone I would rather have induct me at
      Madison Square Garden." Menounos said that it is an honor for her to be
      chosen to induct Backlund in the Hall of Fame, and called him her hero and
      friend. Menounos has a long history with WWE, first co-hosting RAW in
      2009, wrestling on RAW and at Tribute to the Troops, and then even
      participating in a tag team match at WrestleMania XXVIII with Kelly Kelly
      vs Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres. While the former Miss Massachusetts Teen
      USA might look petite, Menounos is one tough cookie as she wrestled at
      WrestleMania last year with two cracked ribs after an injury while doing
      practice for Dancing with the Stars that same week.