    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013

      Thursday, March 21, 2013 Issue #3893

      Who's going to WrestleMania and want to meet up for a few drinks? Let me
      know, we'll try to organize something during the weekend with the readers.
      We did something similar at WrestleMania in Atlanta and we all ended up at
      the Hard Rock Café for dinner and they gave us a nice discount too!

      We have upgraded to a new, faster plan for the website so it should load a
      bit faster from now on.

      > SUMMERSLAM TRAVEL PACKAGES ANNOUNCED
      - WWE has announced two travel packages for their SummerSlam event which
      will once again take place in Los Angeles, California. The Gold packages
      will start from $564 per person while the Platinum will kick off at $1,056
      per person. Both prices are based on a four-person occupancy. The Platinum
      will include the ringside seat for SummerSlam with the collectible chair,
      the Axxess ticket, breakfast buffet and autograph session the day before
      the show and a private reception with WWE Superstars before SummerSlam
      starts on pay-per-view. The Gold ticket includes a SummerSlam ticket in
      the 100 level seating, Axxess ticket, and the same breakfast session. Both
      groups will be staying at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
      with a check-in of Friday, August 16, and check-out on Monday, August 19.
      For more details and to apply go to WWE.COM.

      > WWE CFO SAYS PAY-PER-VIEWS WILL EVENTUALLY GO AWAY
      - In a video interview with 4-Traders.com, WWE's Chief Financial Officer
      George Barrios said that pay-per-views will eventually "go away" as fans
      migrate to the WWE Network over time. He said to break even they would
      need around a million subscribers to the proposed WWE Network, and with
      two million it will be a very good business. Anything over that will be
      "transformative." Barrios added that if you give the monthly
      pay-per-views, a lot of great content, the vast WWE library, and a lot of
      retrospective programming and put them all on the Network, pay-per-view
      does go away.

      > RAW RATING
      - This week's Monday Night RAW did a 3.09 rating with an average of
      4,260,000 viewers, down from last week's 3.36 number and 553,000 viewers
      less overall. Hour one did 4,252,000 viewers, hour two did 4,415,000, and
      hour three slipped even further down to 4,114,000. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > CREATIVE TEAM MEMBER PROMOTED TO HEAD WRITER
      - Former WWE writer Court Bauer revealed on Twitter that WWE has named
      David Kreizman - a recent member of the creative team - as a head writer.
      Kerizman is a Daytime Emmy Award winner, where in 2007 he won the best
      writing category for the soap opera Guiding Light. He was also nominated
      in 1999, 2003, and 2008 for the same soap and in 2010 and 2011 for As The
      World Turns. Writing for WWE must be one of the most stressful jobs within
      the company so, good luck Mr. Kerizman!

      > UFC FIGHTER CHAEL SONNEN TALKS ABOUT WHITE VS MCMAHON
      - The whole Dana White vs Vince McMahon "super fight" that the UFC
      President revealed got some air time on UFC Tonight on Fuel TV. A "tale of
      the tape" was produced listing the age, height, notable wins, strengths,
      and weaknesses of both. White was listed 43 and 5'11" with Pride,
      Strikeforce, and WEC, as his notable wins. His strength was the "Twitter
      Slam" while his weakness was his ear. McMahon was listed 67 years old and
      6'2" with WCW and ECW as his notable wins. His strength was the "power
      strut" and his hip was listed as his weakness. Chael Sonnen who was on the
      show said not even Undertaker could save Vince McMahon in that fight and
      said that Kamala would win an Olympic medal in pole vault before Vince
      steps into the "boss' wheelhouse." Sonnen - who is a big wrestling fan and
      loves to trash talk, took his rants on Twitter as well and then suggested
      a fight with Vince McMahon and CM Punk in his corner vs Dana White and
      himself in his corner. "You'd be so punch drunk against Dana even your
      straight edge Champion @cmpunk will feel tipsy," Sonnen wrote. You can see
      the segment where Sonnen discussed the fight at http://w-o.it/ZUaz4D

      > CHRIS MASTERS SAVES MOM FROM HOUSE FIRE
      - Former WWE Superstar Chris Masters saved his mother's life after a crazy
      neighbor set her house on fire according to TMZ. TMZ reports that Masters
      - real name Chris Mordetzky - went to his mom's house in Los Angeles after
      his uncle called him to report to incident. The neighbor threatened to
      burn down the place if anyone tried to get into the house. Masters tried
      to talk to the guy however his negotiation skills didn't get him anywhere
      so he called the police. The police did show up however the neighbor lit
      up the house with Masters' mother still inside. Masters "uprooted a tree
      with his bare hands" according to TMZ and used it as a battering ram to
      open a window, got in, and got out with his mother. The neighbor was
      arrested and charged with arson and is still in custody.