    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013

      Wednesday, March 6, 2013 Issue #3884

      A sad day as another member of the pro wrestling family passed away, this
      time Paul Bearer. I remember his debut in 1991 when I was just 11 years
      old and he freaked me out! It wasn't nice seeing him piling up all that
      weight later in his career but WWE helped him out. Needless to say, he was
      one of the greatest managers in wrestling history. As the Undertaker often
      said, rest in peace!

      Jonfun Media, Photographer Jonathan Miller.
      Quantity & quality memorable moments, action!
      http://www.jonfun.biz

      > PAUL BEARER PASSES AWAY AT AGE 58
      - WWE.COM broke the news that William Moody, better known as Paul Bearer,
      passed away yesterday at the age of 58. "WWE is saddened to learn of the
      passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in
      1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable
      part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years. Our deepest condolences
      go out to Moody's family, friends and fans," read the report on the
      official WWE website. Moody first showed up in WWE in February 1991
      following the debut of the Undertaker a few months before at the Survivor
      Series and stayed on TV regularly involved in feuds till 1999 when the
      Undertaker got injured. A year later, Bearer returned on TV to manage Kane
      and then moved to a road agent role backstage until his contract expired
      in 2002. In 2003, Bearer returned, signing a three year deal with the WWE
      and at WrestleMania XX came out with the Undertaker. His feuds continued
      and ultimately he was buried alive by the Undertaker during the Great
      American Bash when he poured concrete in a crypt Bearer was in. After once
      again being let go in 2005, he made a few appearances in 2010, teaming up
      with the Undertaker and also with Kane in his feud with Edge. That
      storyline ended when Kane pushed the real Paul Bearer - after several
      impostors by Edge - off some leaders onto a concrete floor, writing him
      off WWE TV. In 2012 he returned briefly and was kidnapped by Randy Orton
      and stuck in a storage freezer.

      > WRESTLING FANS AND FORMER COLLEAGUES MOURN THE DEATH OF BEARER ON TWITTER
      - Wrestling fans and former colleagues of Paul Bearer mourned his death on
      Twitter, making the hashtag #RIPPaulBearer trending at the top worldwide.
      "Goodbye to a good friend, Paul Bearer. Say hi to Owen for me," wrote Bret
      Hart. "Thank you for the memories Paul! God Bless," added Ted DiBiase. TNA
      President Dixie Carter, who never worked with Bearer in TNA when he was
      there between 2002 and 2003 said that he was a great performer in this
      industry. "Our condolences go out to the many family, friends and fans of
      William Moody," she wrote on Twitter. Hulk Hogan, who worked with Bearer
      during the initial title run for the Undertaker, said that he was very sad
      about hearing of the death of Bearer. "He was a great person and one of
      the original boys, he was what made wrestling great much love much respect
      HH." Jerry "The King" Lawler, having a fight with death just late last
      year, posted a photo of himself with Bearer which was taken just 10 days
      ago. "we lost a dear friend today..you will be missed by many, Paul
      Bearer." Stephanie McMahon simply wrote the hashtag while her husband
      Triple H wrote, "Rest in peace, Paul Bearer. You will never be forgotten.
      There will never be another." "I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Paul
      Bearer. Our prayers go out to him and his family. God Bless!!" said Shawn
      Michaels. Tons of other Superstars and friends posted comments about the
      former manager of the Undertaker and Kane which are simply impossible to
      retweet here.

      > TNA ISSUES STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF PAUL BEARER
      - TNA Wrestling issued a statement on the death of William Moody on its
      website at IMPACTWrestling.com. Moody only worked with TNA between 2002
      and 2003 under the name Percy Pringle III. "TNA joins the entire wresting
      world in mourning the passing of Bill Moody - better known as Paul Bearer
      in WWE as the manager of The Undertaker, and Percy Pringle during his time
      with TNA," the statement reads. "Throughout his career, Moody was one of
      the most respected veterans in professional wrestling. He will be missed
      by millions of fans around the world, as well as his friends that worked
      with him in both WWE and TNA." Several TNA Superstars including President
      Dixie Carter wrote messages about Moody on their Twitter after his death.

      > OLD SCHOOL RAW RATING
      - The old school RAW on Monday did a total of 5,018,000 viewers, up from
      the 4.7 million viewers of last week. The show did a 3.54 rating compared
      to the 3.4 of the previous week. Hour one did 4,968,000 viewers, followed
      by 5,239,000 viewers in the second hour and then a dip to 4,847,000
      viewers in the third. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put
      online by PWInsider.com)

      > PUNK VS TAKER OFFICIAL FOR WRESTLEMANIA
      - CM Punk vs The Undertaker was made official on Monday Night RAW after
      Punk earned his way to try and end Taker's streak at the biggest WWE
      pay-per-view of the year. The Undertaker made an appearance at the start
      of RAW appearing on stage with a WrestleMania 29 logo shown behind him
      after the lights came back up. That was the Undertaker's only appearance
      on the show. CM Punk came out after the RAW open and challenged the
      Undertaker however Randy Orton, Big Show, and Sheamus all had the same
      idea. Vickie Guerrero fixed things with a fatal four way with the winner
      challenging the Undertaker. The four wrestled in the main event on RAW and
      Punk ended up pinning Randy Orton after delivering a GTS for the pin. This
      is not the first time that Punk will be wrestling the Undertaker as the
      two had a series of matches a few years ago when Punk was going through
      his first World Heavyweight title reigns.

      > MAE YOUNG PRESENTED WITH DIVAS TITLE BACKSTAGE
      - Backstage at RAW on Monday night, WWE celebrated Mae Young's 90th
      birthday and while her on-screen celebration was interrupted by CM Punk,
      things went smooth behind the scenes. Vince McMahon and Triple H presented
      Young a WWE Divas title with her name tag on it. Both Vince and HHH hugged
      and kissed Mae Young who thanked God for still being around her WWE
      family. Young told Vince McMahon that she plans on wrestling when she hits
      100 in 10 years time and McMahon asked her who does she want to wrestle
      and Young said Stephanie McMahon. Vince said he would tell Stephanie that
      and he will bet his money on Young. The oldest living WWE Hall of Famer
      told Vince to tell Steph that she loves her and HHH apologized that she
      couldn't be there with them. It's a great video which you can see at
      WWE.COM.

      > VINCE MCMAHON JOINS TWITTER
      - Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, and it did! Twitter
      welcomed WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon to Twitter this week although
      the boss has not even sent an initial tweet. The Chairman - who probably
      won't even be close to Twitter activity as UFC President Dana White -
      joined after his daughter Stephanie and son-in-law Triple H also joined
      the social networking website last week. McMahon is following only
      WWE-related Twitter accounts for now except for his good friend and
      soon-to-be WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump. You can follow Vince on Twitter
      @VinceMcMahon.