    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2013

      Thursday, February 28, 2013 Issue #3881

      This week's edition of Wrestling News Live is archived at
      http://www.snsradionetwork.com/wnl_2-26-13-now-archived/ . Check it out!

      Jonfun Media, Photographer Jonathan Miller.
      Quantity & quality memorable moments, action!
      http://www.jonfun.biz

      > WWE ANNOUNCES Q4 2012 FINANCIAL RESULTS
      - WWE today announced its financial results for the 4th quarter ended
      December 31, 2012. Revenues totaled $115.1 million as compared to $112.9
      million in the prior-year quarter. Operating income was $2.6 million as
      compared to a loss of $13.1 million in the prior-year quarter. Net income
      was $0.6 million as compared to a loss of $8.6 million in the prior-year
      quarter. Excluding items that impacted comparability on a year-over-year
      basis, Adjusted Operating income was $5.4 million as compared to $3.1
      million in the prior-year quarter, and Adjusted Net income was $1.3
      million as compared to $1.8 million. "In the fourth quarter, we continued
      to make important progress on our key strategic initiatives, expanding the
      production and licensing of new programs and enhancing our brands," stated
      Vince McMahon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Although we did not
      announce the launch of a domestic television network during the year, we
      believe, now more than ever, that we can realize the full value of our
      intellectual property using a variety of approaches in our global markets.
      Our confidence is based on the rising value of content and the tremendous
      global appeal of our brands."

      > ONLY 3 WWE DEPARTMENTS MAKE MORE MONEY THAN SAME QUARTER LAST YEAR
      - The majority of departments in WWE registered less revenue than the
      previous prior-year quarter, with only three out of ten making an
      increase. All figures below are compared to Q4 2011. Live event revenues
      declined from $26.9 million to $23.3 million; Pay-per-view events were
      down to $13 million compared to $14.6 million; Venue merchandise was down
      to $3.8 million from $3.9 million; Licensing was 12% down from $9.5
      million to $8.4 million; Magazines continued its decline from $2 million
      to $1.7 million; WWEShop.com declined to $5.9 million from $6.2 million;
      WWE Studios had $0.6 million in revenue compared to $4.3 million. TV
      revenues were up to $40.6 million compared to $33.9 million; Home
      entertainment was up to $9.6 million from $6.5 million; WWE.COM revenues
      shot up to $6.2 million from $2.7 million.

      > WWE REVEAL PROPOSED PLAN AND PRICE FOR NETWORK
      - An updated on the proposed WWE Network was included in the 2013 business
      plan that WWE published along with their financial results today. WWE
      announced that the best approach in the U.S. to reach their audience is to
      have the network as a premium subscription model and based on a market
      research they would attract between 2 million and 4 million subscribers.
      The estimate of subscribers - although not by any means a definite - is
      based on the inclusion of all pay-per-view events, except WrestleMania, to
      air as part of the network as well as original content. All pay-per-views
      would still be available to consumers who do not subscribe to the WWE
      Network and would pay the normal PPV price. The proposed price per month
      for the WWE Network is between $12.99 and $14.99, which would give WWE an
      additional revenue of between $125 million and $250 million.

      > ORLANDO TO BID FOR WRESTLEMANIA AGAIN
      - The Orlando Business Journal website is reporting that Orlando is
      submitting a bid to host WrestleMania again in either 2015 or 2016. In the
      recently released Central Florida Sports Commission newsletter it was
      revealed that the Commission received a request for proposal from WWE to
      once again host WrestleMania in late March or early April in in either
      2015 or 2016. The last time Orlando hosted a WrestleMania was in 2008
      where 74,635 fans packed the Citrus Bowl. It was the second time that WWE
      hosted a WrestleMania outdoors, with the first time being WrestleMania IX
      in Las Vegas. The same stadium is again tipped to host WWE's biggest event
      of the year. WrestleMania XXIV in Orlando generated a total of $51.5
      million in economic impact for Central Florida according to a study by
      Enigma Research Corporation.

      > HULK HOGAN UNCENSORED COMING TO NY ON WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND
      - Capitalizing on the thousands of people who will be in the area for
      WrestleMania, TNA's Hulk Hogan will be doing an event at the Beacon
      Theatre in New York titled Hulk Hogan Uncensored. Hogan will be joined on
      stage by his friend and sometimes business partner Eric Bischoff to
      participate in a chat with fans, recounting stories from his wrestling
      career. Ring announcer Dave Penzer will then moderate a Q&A with the
      audience where Hogan will answer all the questions put forward. Tickets
      will sell between $30 and $300 with the VIP seats including a post-event
      meet and greet with the Hulkster as well as an autograph and photo
      opportunity. Tickets go on sale on March 2 at Noon EST. A pre-sale will be
      held on Friday, March 1, at Noon EST and will end on March 2 at 11AM EST.
      Tickets will be sold on Ticketmaster.com. The Beacon Theatre is located at
      2124 Broadway between West 74th and 75th streets.