    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2013

      Sunday, January 27, 2013 Issue #3859

      A big congratulations goes out to the folks behind Wrestling News Live -
      JJ, Trey, and Bronx - for winning two awards at Friday's Wrestling Radio
      Awards.

      Wrestling News Live won the Media Interview of the Year with Smackdown GM
      Booker T and also the Male Interview of the Year with WWE Hall of Famer
      Stone Cold Steve Austin.

      They take presenting the show seriously and we are proud to call WNL the
      only radio show for Wrestling-Online.com for the past few years. No one
      does interviews better than these guys and we look forward to set up more
      guests and help in any way during 2013.

      'Rated R Superstar' Edge exclusive signing with
      RetroWrestling.com - signed items now available to
      order here http://www.retrowrestling.com/edge.html

      > ROYAL RUMBLE 2013 LIVE ON PPV TONIGHT
      - Live tonight from the U.S. Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona, WWE will
      present the first pay-per-view of its 2013 calendar, the Royal Rumble! The
      full card is as follows: CM Punk vs The Rock for the WWE title; Alberto
      Del Rio vs Big Show for the World Heavyweight title in a last man standing
      match; Kane and Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow for the Tag
      Team titles; Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz for the U.S. title in the pre-show
      match; and the 30-man over the top rope Royal Rumble match with the winner
      going to WrestleMania with a title shot for either the WWE or World title.

      > NXT'S BO DALLAS IN THE RUMBLE
      - NXT competitor Bo Dallas won an eight-man tournament earlier today at
      the Royal Rumble Fan Fest and a spot in tomorrow's Royal Rumble
      pay-per-view. Dallas won his matches against fellow NXT competitors Luke
      Harper, Conor O'Brian, and then Leo Kruger in the final to book his place
      in the 30-men over the top rope match. Corey Graves, Oliver Grey, Xavier
      Woods, and Adrian Neville were the other four from NXT who participated in
      the tournament which was moved inside the U.S. Airways Center Plaza after
      rain disrupted the festivities which were being held outside. Bo Dallas -
      real name Taylor Rotunda - is the son of of WWE agent Mike Rotunda, who is
      also better known as IRS.

      > FORMER WWE EMPLOYEE TODD PETTENGILL TO HOST NEW WWE DVD
      - Todd Pettengill, the former WWE backstage interviewer and broadcast
      commentator, is giving WWE a helping hand once again, hosting the upcoming
      In Your House DVD and Blu-Ray which will be released on April 30. The
      radio DJ confirmed his contribution in a post on Facebook yesterday when a
      fan asked him that he heard a rumor that he might be hosting the DVD. "lol
      Yes it's trueŠhad a great time seeing the 'old gang,'" Pettengill replied.
      Pettengill made his WWE debut in 1993, doing mainly backstage interviews
      after long-time WWE employee Sean Mooney left the company. He hosted
      several of the morning WWE shows and worked the pay-per-view pre-shows
      until SummerSlam 1997, which was his last event for the company. He is
      currently a DJ for WPLJ 95.5 in New York.

      > RIC FLAIR MISSES RETURN TO THE RING IN JAPAN
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that Ric Flair - who is currently in Japan -
      ended up not wrestling during today's All Japan Pro Wrestling show due to
      a leg issue. The two-time WWE Hall of Famer and 16 time World Heavyweight
      champion was supposed to be tagging with Keiji Mutoh - better known to
      most U.S. fans as The Great Muta - to take on Tatsumu Fujinami and Seiya
      Sanada. His replacement was his son Reid, who was scheduled to take part
      in an earlier match on the show. Reid and Mutoh lost their tag match.

      > TAMMY "SUNNY" SYTCH ARRESTED ONCE AGAIN
      - NBC in Connecticut reported yesterday that WWE Hall of Famer Tammy
      "Sunny" Sytch was arrested in Branford for violating a court order after
      she was found at her fiancé's home. The odd thing about this whole story
      is that Sytch and her fiancé - Damien Darling - announced that they were
      engaged earlier this year even though that she was arrested five times
      prior to yesterday for the same thing. After her last arrest last year,
      Sunny was released and ordered to go to rehab which WWE paid for however
      the treatment didn't seem to have worked as she is still causing trouble.
      Sytch is now being held on a $100,000 bond and will be arraigned at New
      Haven Superior Court on Monday.