    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013

      Wednesday, January 23, 2013 Issue #3857

      We're still running the $3 a day no-minimum ad offer on the newsletter. If
      you want more info, please send me an e-mail on
      editor@... . Thank you.

      Former WWE diva Champion Kelly Kelly is signing
      merchandise for UK company RetroWrestling. Click here
      for info http://www.retrowrestling.com/kellykelly.html

      > HOGAN AND SHEIK REMEMBER THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD
      - There are several dates in professional wrestling which could be
      considered as being somewhat historic, but only a true handful defined the
      shape of the business. 29 years ago today, on January 23, 1984,
      professional wrestling got its biggest kick start when Hulk Hogan defeated
      the Iron Sheik at Madison Square Garden to win the WWF title. On that day,
      Hulkamania was born, and as they say, the rest is history. On Twitter, the
      WWE Hall of Famer and now TNA personality Hulk Hogan mentioned the
      historic date. "29yrs ago humbled the curley toed jabronie in MSG and
      changed the world of pro wrestling forever brother,let the entertainment
      begin HH4life," Hogan wrote. Sheik also took it to Twitter to respond to
      Hogan's comment. "29 year ago I make the hulkamania hulkamania. If no Iron
      Sheik they never be the Hulk Hogan," he replied. Sheiky then turned to his
      usual funny self, bashing Hogan for having a "rice crispy dick" and for
      being a "no good motherf!@#er."

      > MIZ VS CESARO FOR RUMBLE PRE-SHOW
      - From WWE champion to wrestling on a pay-per-view pre-show match - and
      that is the story of the self proclaimed "must-see WWE champion" ever, The
      Miz. WWE announced that The Miz will be taking on Antonio Cesaro for the
      United States title in the pre-show of the Royal Rumble, a free match that
      will air on WWE.COM, YouTube, and Facebook, starting at 7:30PM this
      Sunday. So far, apart from the Rumble match itself, there will be three
      other matches on the pay-per-view: CM Punk vs The Rock for the WWE title,
      Alberto Del Rio vs Big Show for the World Heavyweight title in a Last Man
      Standing match, and Team Hell No vs The Rhodes Scholars for the Tag Team
      titles.

      > THQ DISSOLVES, FAITH OF WWE VIDEO GAME LICENSE UNKNOWN
      - THQ - the video game publisher for WWE - has been dissolved and the
      company is no more according to a letter to its employees by the CEO and
      President. "If you are an employee of an entity that is not included in
      the sale, we regret that your position will end," said the letter.
      Different companies have acquired different assets of THQ, which filed for
      bankruptcy last year. The assets were sold yesterday in an auction and
      attracted companies such as SEGA, Take-Two, Ubisoft and others. One thing
      which still there's no news on is the WWE license. WWE is owed around $45
      million as a creditor and is the single most valuable license that THQ was
      in possession of. The future home for WWE video games has yet to be
      disclosed and it's not known if it was sold during the auction or will be
      sold separately.

      > TNA ANNOUNCES DATES FOR 2014 UK TOUR
      - TNA has already announced the dates for their yearly Maximum Impact tour
      in the United Kingdom for 2014. The company will be visiting Glasgow,
      Scotland, on January 30 at the Glasgow Hydro; Manchester, England, on
      Friday, January 31 at the Manchester Arena; London, England, on Saturday,
      February 1 at the Wembley Arena; and Birmingham, England, on Sunday,
      February 2 at the Birmingham NIA. "Everyone knows that the U.K. Tour is
      one of the highlights of the year for everyone in TNA Impact Wrestling, so
      I'm excited to announce that we're coming back in 2014," said TNA
      President Dixie Carter. A limited seven day period pre-sale will kick off
      on Monday, January 28 at 8AM, at Gigsandtours.com and Ticketmaster.co.uk.
      "We're putting tickets on pre-sale for one week only so our most hardcore
      fans can beat the rush and get their seats early. I'm already counting
      down the days until we're back in Glasgow, Manchester and London - and am
      delighted that we're adding Birmingham to the schedule for 2014," Carter
      added.

      > TNA BRITISH BOOT CAMP WINNER REVEALED
      - 29 year old James Curtin, who is known to TNA fans in the UK as Rockstar
      Spud, has won the TNA British Boot Camp television series, earning himself
      a TNA contract. Spud was fighting for a contract on the reality-based
      television show with Marty Scurll and the Blossom twins, Holly and Hannah.
      Spud was chosen as the winner on the season finale which aired on
      Challenge TV in the United Kingdom. British Boot Camp was the first
      non-game show commissioned for the station by its parent company BSkyB -
      which also airs all WWE shows. The show was taped last year under the
      supervision of Jeremy Borash.

      > NIPPON TELEVISION NETWORK CORPORATION SIGNS TNA TV DEAL
      - TNA Wrestling has signed a deal with Nippon Television Network
      Corporation in Japan to start airing TNA television in the Land of the
      Rising Sun. Episodes of IMPACT will start airing every Saturday at 7:30PM
      on channel G+, a channel which is found on various cable networks across
      Japan as well as the satellite provider SkyPerfecTV. TNA pay-per-views
      will also be broadcast monthly on the channel. "TNA IMPACT WRESTLING
      continues to build partnerships with the best broadcasters around the
      world. This agreement with Nippon Television's G+ will allow TNA to
      deliver its exciting brand of professional wrestling to our ever growing
      Japanese fanbase. The history of wrestling in Japan is very long and very
      rich and everyone at TNA is thrilled that we're now a full part of it,"
      said TNA Executive Vice President, Andy Barton.