    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013

      Tuesday, January 22, 2013 Issue #3856

      The W-O News HD app for iPad has been submitted to the App Store. We're
      assuming it will take around 5 business days to get it approved and up and
      running on the store. This will be a free update to those who have
      previously purchased it or else 99 cents for a new user.

      The app has the same functions as our latest iPhone app including swiping
      left and right to go previous and next for articles, social media sharing,
      unread story notifications, Retina Display support, offline reading, etc.

      The old app will stop functioning next week so you should upgrade as soon
      as you get the notification in the App Store that it's available.

      Don't forget tonight Wrestling News Live on SNSRadioNetwork.com starting
      at 9PM EST.

      Former WWE diva Champion Kelly Kelly is signing
      merchandise for UK company RetroWrestling. Click here
      for info http://www.retrowrestling.com/kellykelly.html

      > 23 SPOTS FILLED FOR THE RUMBLE
      - Twenty three spots have so far been filled for the Royal Rumble, leaving
      seven open spots. Chances are that more entrants will be announced during
      the Smackdown tapings and maybe keep one or two spots reserved for a
      possible surprise entries. So far confirmed appearing in the Rumble are
      (in alphabetical order): Antonio Cesaro, Brodus Clay, Cody Rhodes, Damien
      Sandow, Daniel Bryan, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Heath
      Slater, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Jinder Mahal, John Cena, Kane, Kofi Kingston,
      Michael McGillicutty, Randy Orton, Ryback, Sheamus, The Great Khali, The
      Miz, Titus O'Neil, and Wade Barrett. Dolph Ziggler will be entering at
      either number one or two after Vickie Guerrero screwed him over following
      his beat the clock win on RAW.

      > BOB BACKLUND JOINS THE WWE HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2013
      - 63 year old Bob Backlund is the latest Superstar to be announced for the
      2013 WWE Hall of Fame which will take place at Madison Square Garden the
      night before WrestleMania. Backlund's journey with the WWWF started in
      1977 and just one year later, Backlund won the then WWF title in MSG and
      kept it for almost six years, before losing it to the Iron Sheik. In 1984,
      Backlund left the WWF and then returned in 1992, winning the WWF title at
      the 1994 Survivor Series after defeating Bret Hart. His reign however was
      very short-lived as Kevin "Diesel" Nash won the title from him just three
      days later at Madison Square Garden in a non-televised event. Backlund
      briefly appeared for TNA in 2007 and in 2012 he returned in an episode of
      RAW and also appeared on the RAW 1000 show.

      > INTERVIEW WITH PAUL HEYMAN
      - In preparation for this Sunday's Royal Rumble, our good friend Jeramie
      McPeek from the Phoenix Suns and the US Airways Center conducted an
      interview with Paul Heyman to talk about WWE champion CM Punk and other
      wrestling subjects. Heyman recalled how he watched a video of Punk
      wrestling on a "little indy show" and he came off "like a gigantic
      superstar," saying that the champ just "exudes star power." When quizzed
      about a comment Punk made about Heyman when he said that he owes
      everything to him, Heyman responded that it feels surreal that anytime a
      big Superstar such as Punk, Lesnar, or Steve Austin credit him. "So I am
      reluctant to accept the praise because all I did was notice how great of a
      star he could become," Heyman said. The former ECW creative genius also
      touched the pipe-bomb interview, the "best in the world" moniker, The
      Rock, the Royal Rumble and Brock Lesnar in this must-read interview. You
      can check it out at
      http://www.usairwayscenter.com/news/detail/qa-with-wwes-paul-heyman

      > LIVE RAW EVENT RESULTS FROM LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
      - This past Friday, the RAW brand were at the Staples Center for a
      non-televised live event. W-O reader Dr. Harold J Washington, Jr. attended
      the show and sent in the follow results: Brodus Clay defeats JTG; Jack
      Swagger defeated Alex Riley; Kaitlyn defeated Tamina; Bo Dallas defeated
      Damian Sandow via DQ; Rey Mysterio & Bo Dallas defeated Damien Sandow and
      Cody Rhodes; John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler in a no DQ match; Zack Ryder
      defeated Tensai; Antonio Cesaro defeated The Miz; Ryback defeated CM Punk
      via DQ.