    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2013

      Tuesday, January 15, 2013 Issue #3852

      I tried my very best to stay awake for RAW. I had very high expectations
      for yesterday's show and to be honest, for a show that was celebrating 20
      years, well, that was crap.

      After the Miz TV segment I decided it wasn't worth my time anymore to stay
      up in the very early hours of the morning and decided to sleep. Even The
      Rock Concert was a bit of a letdown, although the Vickie song had me
      laughing when I was watching it on DVR and I can't stop replaying it over
      and over again now. That two minute song was the best thing that happened
      in a 3+ hour broadcast.

      It was the first time since the RAW 1000 episode that I watched the show
      live without the use of the FFWD button. Man, does that button come in
      handy with all those stupid and useless replays (among other things). I
      mean, seriously, why do I need to watch The Shield getting hammered by
      Ryback three times?

      Don't forget Wrestling News Live tonight at 9PM EST. You can listen live
      at http://www.snsradionetwork.com

      > EVE LOSES TITLE, QUITS!
      - Eve Torres decided to wrap up her wrestling career - at least for now -
      with her final match yesterday on RAW, putting over Kaitlyn and losing her
      Divas title in the process. Reports suggest that Eve made up her mind a
      while ago about leaving WWE and was ready to wait it out until the best
      opportunity to pass the title to someone else. With Kaitlyn being from
      Texas, the best time was apparently yesterday. Eve started her WWE career
      in 2007 where she was a contestant - and eventually won - the Diva Search
      competition. After being sent to FCW to train, she made her official debut
      in February of next year on Smackdown. Her five year WWE journey resulted
      in three Divas title reigns as well as the "assistant" to the GM of both
      RAW and Smackdown. Torres is a spokeswoman and instructor at the Gracie
      Woemn Empowered program and she is engaged to Rener Gracie of the famous
      Gracie MMA family.

      > EVE TORRES SAYS THANKS TO HER FANS IN AN EMOTIONAL VIDEO MESSAGE
      - Former Divas champion Eve Torres gave an emotional thank you speech to
      her fans in a video she posted on her official website. "I've had some of
      the most amazing years of my life in the WWE and I'm so glad I got to
      share those moments with you," Torres said in the video she recorded
      yesterday. "Whether you loved me or hated me, you were still the reason I
      traveled thousands of miles, drove hours on end at night to the next town,
      ate terrible fast food on the road, put on my spandex, piled on too much
      tanner and makeup, and tried to be the best wrestler and entertainer I
      could be," she added in a text message accompanying the video. Torres
      ended by saying that this will not be the last time we hear or see of her.
      You can see the video at EveTorres.com.

      > ROCK AND PUNK BATTLE CONTINUES AFTER RAW GOES OFF THE AIR
      - After RAW went off the air, the battle between WWE champion CM Punk and
      The Rock continued and once again it didn't turn out good for the current
      champ. CM Punk got in the ring after The Rock walked back up the ramp,
      grabbed the microphone and told his opponent, "13 days my ass! Just bring
      it." After stalling for a few seconds, The Rock ran down the ramp and
      attacked Punk as referees tried to separate the two. The pushing and
      shoving continued for a few more until Punk walked straight into a Rock
      Bottom. Referees and agents then pushed The Rock out of the ring as his
      theme blared over the arena speakers. You can see a video of this at
      http://w-o.it/WIbS4E

      > HOGAN'S $50 MILLION LAWSUIT BASED ON MISSED FIGHT AGAINST CENA
      - TMZ.COM is reporting that the basis of Hulk Hogan's $50 million lawsuit
      against Laser Spine Institute of Florida is that the surgeries prevented
      him from wrestling against John Cena at WrestleMania and that's how the
      figure was cooked up. Hogan's attorneys said that he had a "phase out
      contract" opportunity which included a match against John Cena which was
      supposed to wrap up his wrestling career. However, the multiple surgeries
      which were suggested by LSI halted everything. The match and appearance
      opportunities before and after the event was worth $50 million according
      to Hogan's contract claim. There has been no response from Laser Spine
      Institute yet regarding the lawsuit.

      > SMACKDOWN WITH THE ROCK REGISTERS BEST OUTING IN NEARLY A YEAR
      - Smackdown with the return of The Rock last week and the spoiled title
      change paid dividends as the show drew a 2.2 rating and averaged 3,130,000
      viewers on SyFy. The show increased from the 1.8 rating it did the
      previous week and was the most watched broadcast for a Friday since
      February of last year. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put
      online by PWinsider.com)