    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013

      Monday, January 14, 2013 Issue #3851

      If I manage to wake up in time (in 3 hours that is), I will be watching
      RAW and live tweeting. And that is a big if, since it starts at 2AM. The
      Twitter account to follow is http://www.twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      <http://www.wrestling-online.com/%5d->

      > GENSIS 2013 PAY-PER-VIEW RESULTS
      - Here are the results from last night's Genesis 2013 pay-per-view which
      took place at the IMPACT Wrestling Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando,
      Florida. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez defeated Matt Morgan and Joey Ryan
      to retain the Tag Team titles; Mr. Anderson defeated Samoa Joe; Christian
      York defeated Kenny King to become the #1 contender for the X Division
      title; Rob Van Dam defeated Christian York to retain the X Division title;
      Devon defeated Joseph Park; Velvet Sky defeated ODB, Mickie James, Gail
      Kim, and Miss Tessmacher in a gauntlet match to become the #1 contender
      for the Knockout title; Christopher Daniels defeated James Storm to get a
      World title match; Sting defeated Doc from Aces & Eights; Jeff Hardy
      defeated Bobby Roode and Austin Aries in a triple threat match to retain
      the TNA World title.

      > WWE CELEBRATES 20 YEARS OF RAW TONIGHT
      - It all started in 1993, and 20 years later, Monday Night RAW is still
      going strong as tonight WWE will celebrate another important milestone for
      their flagship show 20 years in the making! This past July RAW hit the
      1,000th episode with a show that featured returns and surprises and while
      this show might not be as big in terms of former Superstars returning, the
      20th anniversary episode will definitely be a special one regardless. One
      of the highlights for tonight's show will be the Rock Concert with the
      recently returned Rock getting back with his guitar to entertain the
      millions. This time it won't be John Cena in his path but WWE champion CM
      Punk. Kane and Daniel Bryan have been tag team champions for a while now
      and tonight Dr. Shelby, the man who brought them together, will be having
      his four month "follow up." The Divas title will also be on the line as
      current champion Eve Torres defends against NXT season 3 winner Kaitlyn. A
      lot has not been announced for RAW and with the show being in Texas, who
      knows, maybe some famous former WWE Superstars who are residents in the
      state will be dropping by! RAW kicks off at 8PM EST on USA Network.

      > KING KONG BUNDY REVEALS PENDING HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCEMENT
      - King Kong Bundy wrote on Twitter that there will be a huge announcement
      tonight regarding his Hall of Fame, suggesting that he will be the second
      person to be announced as an inductee following Mick Foley. "Sounds like
      someone listened to the #Bundyholics regarding my Hall of Fame," Bundy
      said. The 55 year old New Jersey native hasn't wrestled in over six years
      however he keeps busy appearing at conventions. Bundy started his WWE
      career in 1985 and was part of the first ever WrestleMania where he
      defeated SD Jones in nine seconds. His biggest moment came at WrestleMania
      2 where he headlined the show against Hulk Hogan in a steel cage match, a
      match which Hogan won to keep the WWE title. After leaving the WWF in
      1988, he returned in 1994 as part of the Million Dollar Corporation but
      left a year later.

      > WWE AND CLEARWIRE ANNOUNCE MARKETING DEAL
      - Clearwire today announced a marketing deal with WWE for the year 2013,
      activating at a total of 20 WWE events that will take place in 20 cities
      throughout the year. Clearwire is a leading provider of 4G wireless
      broadband services offering services in areas of the U.S. where more than
      130 million people live. "Our market research has shown that WWE fans are
      a perfect match for attracting new customers to CLEAR," said Dow Draper,
      senior vice president and general manager of retail at Clearwire. "Our
      pioneering efforts in the 4G arena with other heavyweights has blazed a
      trail of innovation for our customers looking to connect Wi-Fi enabled
      devices to our high speed 4G internet network in 80 cities nationwide."
      Andrew Judelson, Executive Vice President, Sales and Partnership Marketing
      for WWE said that partnering with Clearwire will provide another way for
      the fans to access their favorite WWE content whenever and wherever they
      are through their high speed 4G internet network. Fans attending tonight's
      Monday Night RAW in Houston will be able to see Clearwire's internet
      product demonstrations and also have an opportunity to create posters to
      use throughout the arena during the telecast. This month CLEAR will have
      presence at WWE events in Los Angeles, Sacramento and Las Vegas.

      > HOGAN SUES LASER SPINE INSTITUTE FOR $50 MILLION
      - The Tampa Bay Times is reporting that Hulk Hogan filed a lawsuit against
      the Tampa-based Laser Spine Institute, saying the clinic performed
      unnecessary surgeries that damaged his career. The lawsuit was filed
      Monday morning in Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court and it seeks damages of $50
      million. In addition to claiming unnecessary surgeries, the lawsuit also
      says the Laser Spine Institute used an endorsement from Hogan without
      permission or payment. The attorneys for the Hulkster said that there was
      negligent conduct on the part of the company that resulted in past and
      future income of approximately $50 million. They claim that after numerous
      prominent spine surgeons recommended traditional spinal surgery for Hogan,
      Spine Institute advised him that that kind of surgery would effectively
      end his career.