    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2012

      Friday, December 21, 2012 Issue #3839

      Well since the world didn't end I thought I might send a new newsletter! :)

      Web version at -[http://www.wrestling-online.com/%5d-

      > SMACKDOWN AND TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS RATING
      - The live commercial-free edition of Smackdown on Tuesday night on USA
      Network pulled in a 2.29 rating and a total of 3.33 million viewers. The
      show pulled in around 25% more viewers from what the taped Smackdown last
      Friday night did just days before the TLC pay-per-view. The
      commercial-free aspect of the show usually helps with the ratings as it
      keeps viewers glued to the channel rather than switching to something else
      during commercials. Meanwhile, Tribute to the Troops on Wednesday did
      2,340,000 viewers on USA, down from the 2.7 million it did last year.
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      PWInsider.com)

      > THE ROCK TO APPEAR REGULARLY ON WWE TV IN BEGINNING OF 2013
      - Do you smell what The Rock is cooking? Well you better do as starting
      from the first RAW of 2013, The Rock will be appearing quite regularly on
      WWE television. With his Royal Rumble match, planned involvement at
      Elimination Chamber, and then at WrestleMania, it makes sense that the
      former WWE champion will be appearing regularly - although not full time -
      on WWE television. The Rock has been confirmed to appear on the first RAW
      of 2013 in Tampa, Florida, and then the next night for the Smackdown
      tapings in his home town of Miami. Other appearances already announced are
      the January 28, March 12 and March 26 RAW shows.

      > SIN CARA UNDERGOES SURGERY
      - Sin Cara will be off WWE television for a while as he underwent knee
      surgery yesterday. The masked WWE Superstar was on the receiving end of an
      attack by The Shield during the commercial-free Smackdown this past
      Tuesday as a way to explain his absence from television. Before heading
      for surgery, which he called "mini," Sin Cara tweeted a message saying
      thanks for all the support he has been receiving from his fans. In 2011 he
      was injured after performing a dive out of the ring, rupturing his
      patellar tendon and he was on the sidelines for six months.

      > ROYAL RUMBLE FAN FEST TO BE HELD ON RUMBLE WEEKEND
      - The U.S. Airways Center website is promoting a Royal Rumble Fan Fest
      event which will take place on Saturday, January 26, and Sunday, January
      27. The event will be held on the U.S. Airways plaza on the corner of 1st
      Street & Jefferson. Several WWE Superstars, Divas, and Legends will be
      appearing for meet and greet, and there will also be live matches and a
      tournament in which the winner will receive a spot in the Rumble. There
      will also be a Q&A session with three WWE Superstar panels discussing the
      Montreal Screwjob, DX, WCW Nitro, and the Monday Night Wars. Fan fest
      tickets start at $10 and Superstar Panel tickets start at $90. A VIP
      package will run you $250 and will include all Superstar panels, cocktail
      hours and fan fest admission. More info at usairwayscenter.com.

      > THQ FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY, WWE OWED $45 MILLION
      - WWE's video game publisher, THQ Inc., has filed for bankruptcy
      protection and Clearlake Capital Group secured an asset purchase agreement
      to finance the company. THQ will continue operating its business without
      interruption during the sale period, subject to Court approval of THQ's
      first-day motions. All of the company's studios remain open, and all
      development teams continue. WWE issued a small statement saying that they
      are following the developments of THQ's bankruptcy filing and proposed
      sale. In the bankruptcy filing, THQ listed that they owe WWE around $45
      million as an unsecured creditor. THQ has held the license of WWE for
      video games for around a decade and the WWE games have been some of the
      best selling for the company. At one point they also held the UFC license
      which recently was sold to their competitors Electronic Arts.

      > WWE CREW ON SHORT BREAK FOR CHRISTMAS
      - The Superstars, Divas, and WWE crew are getting a few days off for the
      Christmas holidays, although not that much! After the live Smackdown and
      RAW tapings ended on Tuesday night, everyone headed home and there are no
      shows planned until Wednesday, December 26. On Boxing Day, there will be
      two shows, with RAW in Detroit and Smackdown in Chicago. On December 27,
      two more shows with RAW in New York and Smackdown in Green Bay. On Friday,
      yet another two shows as RAW hits Uniondale and Smackdown goes to
      Minneapolis. There will be one show - TV tapings - on December 29 for both
      RAW and Smackdown in Washington, and then two final shows for 2012 on
      December 30, with Smackdown in Richmond, and RAW in Raleigh. Business
      picks up again on January 4 with regular shows throughout the month as
      always.

      > STING RETURNING TO TNA ON 1/3/13
      - "A reckoning is at hand." At least that's what the TNA 1/3/13 promo says
      and it was revealed during last night's IMPACT that Sting is the one
      returning on that day. The former WCW and TNA World Heavyweight champion
      has been off TNA television since the November 8 episode of IMPACT where
      he was taken out by Aces & Eights. On that particular episode, the Stinger
      was put through a table and was then beaten up with a ball-peen hammer
      thanks to A&8 member Doc. "Surprise. 13 13, unlucky number for you," Sting
      says in the new promo. "Aces & Eights, I'm coming to get you. Doc, I'm
      coming for you. You first." You can see the promo at http://w-o.it/UW8X9y.