    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012

      Thursday, November 29, 2012 Issue #3826

      The final version of the W-O News iPhone app was delivered this morning.
      It will be submitted to the Apple AppStore tomorrow and then it will take
      a few days for it to appear on iTunes. It will be a free update to current
      customers and 99 cents for new users.

      Web version at -[http://www.wrestling-online.com/%5d-

      > WWE CREW, SAILORS TALK ABOUT VISIT ABOARD USS JOHN C. STENNS CARRIER
      - The U.S. military video and imagery website has a story about the WWE
      crew visiting the USS John C. Stennis aircraft carrier at sea on November
      25 as part of the Tribute to the Troops upcoming show. This was the first
      time that WWE traveled to an aircraft carrier having previously visited
      Iraq and Afghanistan several times in the past. "We've been to Iraq, Iran,
      and Afghanistan so many times," said Vince McMahon, CEO and Chairman. "We
      wanted to do something different this year and this is awesome." [Editor's
      note: Iran? When?] While on board, McMahon, R-Truth, The Miz, Eve, and
      Layla, toured the ship and interacted with sailors along the way and
      observed flight operations as Navy jets roared on and off the flight deck.
      "I was in awe of the young ages of the men and women who are turning these
      planes," said Eve. "Everything operates like clockwork; it's amazing." The
      sailors and military personnel aboard the ship were pretty excited to have
      the WWE crew visit them. A jet fighter pilot said that their visit was a
      good morale boost especially for those who would be spending the holidays
      away from home.

      > ROCK SET FOR RAW APPEARANCES
      - The Rock is currently set for two RAW appearances with more to be added
      as WrestleMania time comes closer. The self-proclaimed people's champion
      will be appearing on the January 28 Monday Night RAW in Las Vegas, Nevada,
      and then on the February 18 edition of the show in Lafayette, Louisiana.
      The Rock will be appearing at the Royal Rumble to face whoever is the WWE
      champion at the time as he goes for the gold for the fist time ever since
      2002. The first few months of 2013 will be super busy for Dwayne Johnson
      as he will have to appear at the Royal Rumble and leading up to the show,
      WrestleMania, and he also has three major movie releases in three months -
      G.I. Joe: Retaliation in March, Pain And Gain in April, and Fast and
      Furious 6 in May.

      > BACKSTAGE AREA AT SMACKDOWN GETS A SHOWER!
      - Several reports floating around have revealed that at the Smackdown
      tapings on Tuesday night, the sprinklers at the CenturyLink Center went
      off backstage making a mess everywhere. PWInsider said that the incident
      happened when a pre-taped segment for Smackdown was being taped and the
      room went completely dark with water coming out from the ceiling after a
      fire alarm went off. The water kicked in when in the main arena they were
      wrapping up Main Event tapings and just moments away from the start of
      Smackdown. Triple H eventually showed up and told everyone to get towels
      to soak up the water and prevent it from spilling to the main area where
      the rest of the more expensive equipment was sitting. Now only if we had a
      YouTube video of that! JBL wrote a good piece about what happened as his
      stuff was in the area where the sprinklers went off which you can read at
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Layfield/194176253533?ref=hl

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW did a 2.7 rating with an average of 3,920,000 viewers.
      The viewership is slightly up from last week's 3.83 million however there
      was a horrible number in the third hour. Hour one kicked off strong with
      4,147,000 viewers followed by a small drop to 4,126,000 viewers in the
      second hour. The third hour then suffered one of the worst numbers since
      moving to three hours with only 3,488,000 sticking to watch it. From hour
      one to hour three, RAW lost 659,000 viewers. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and put online by PWinsider.com)

      > TNA ANNOUNCES NEW DEAL FOR LOTTERY TICKETS
      - TNA Wrestling announced that MDI Entertainment LLC will be offering
      lottery tickets branded with TNA logos, Superstars, and other artwork for
      the company. "We are extremely pleased to have secured this license, and
      to be able to give lotteries so many noteworthy options to promote games
      associated with it," said Steve Saferin, President, Properties Group and
      Chief Creative Officer for Scientific Games, the parent company for MDI.
      "In addition to providing the biggest names in wrestling today, Impact
      Wrestling is offering extraordinary marketing support and incredible prize
      opportunities. This gives lotteries a chance to reach and inspire
      wrestling fans - including the often elusive 18-34 age group - in very
      powerful ways." TNA President Dixie Carter said that working with MDI will
      provide a new marketing platform for the company to connect with fans
      through state lottery programs. TNA will work with MDI and lotteries to
      create 2nd Chance prizes that can include merchandise and trips where
      winners will be treated to a live taping of the Impact Wrestling
      television show, a backstage tour and a chance to meet wrestling talent. A
      "Contract-for-a-Day" prize also can be created, in which the winner will
      be given the trip, plus an on-camera cameo role to be included in a TNA
      pay-per-view live show.