    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2012

      Friday, November 23, 2012 Issue #3823

      The updated W-O Android app has been submitted to the Amazon Appstore.
      It's going to be much more quicker. We don't know when it will be approved
      by Amazon but hopefully it will pop up soon. There's a preview of how it
      looks on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/wrestlingonline

      Web version at -[http://www.wrestling-online.com/%5d-

      > TRAILER FOR DWAYNE JOHNSON'S NEW MOVIE SNITCH
      - The trailer for Dwayne Johnson's next movie Snitch has been released by
      Yahoo! Movies. Set for release on February 22 of next year, Snitch is a
      movie about a father - played by Johnson - whose son is arrested for
      selling illegal narcotics. To save him from a long prison term, he agrees
      to go undercover as a drug dealer with the gang that his son was involved
      with. However things get complicated when he rises up the ranks of the
      gang and is offered a part of the inner circle of the drug cartel. Joining
      Dwayne Johnson in this movie are Susan Sarandon, Harold Perrineau,
      Benjamin Bratt, Melina Kanakaredes and others. It is directed by Ric Roman
      Waugh who was in charge for stunts in movies such as Total Recall, Days of
      Thunder, The Crow, Gone In Sixty Seconds, etc. You can see the trailer at
      http://w-o.it/U0beQm

      > CM PUNK SERVES AS GRAND MARSHALL AT CHICAGO'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE
      - WWE Champion CM Punk served as the Grand Marshall at the Chicago
      McDonald's Thanksgiving Day Parade yesterday. Aired on WGN America, CM
      Punk - with the WWE title - was joined by Ronald McDonald, American Idol's
      Haley Reinhart, Miss Chicago, Jaslene Gonzales from America's Next Top
      Model and others. "Honor and a pleasure to be Grand Marshall in the #WGN
      parade. Love this city. Thanks to everybody who came out," Punk wrote on
      his Twitter.

      > VINCE MCMAHON AND OTHERS OFF TO THE MIDDLE EAST
      - Vince McMahon, The Miz, R-Truth, Layla, and Eve Torres, have left the
      United States and are on the way to the Middle East to visit the U.S.
      troops. Their visit is part of the Tribute to the Troops show that will
      air later next month on USA Network and NBC. The five will be visiting
      bases and eat and sleep with the men and women of the U.S. military,
      bringing some much needed holiday cheer. In previous years the WWE took
      full productions to Iraq and Afghanistan to hold shows there as well as do
      several trips to forward operating bases. 2009 was the last time they did
      that kind of tour and from 2010 onwards, the Tribute to the Troops show
      has been taped in cities in the United States which are home to large
      military bases. Due to security purposes, the WWE tour overseas is kept
      under wraps.

      > HELL IN A CELL EARLY BUYRATE NUMBER
      - Early figures for the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view show that the event
      did around 200,000 buys worldwide, a bit more than the show did last year,
      but less than it did in 2010. The figures - released by WWE - has the PPV
      doing 152,000 buys so far in the United States and an additional 48,000
      buys internationally. The figures are not all counted so it will probably
      increase a bit once all the reports are in. The pay-per-view was the first
      one headlined by Ryback where he wrestled CM Punk in the Hell In A Cell.

      > WHICH BRINGS MORE MONEY AND FANS? WRESTLEMANIA OR SUPER BOWL?
      - Politifact.com has a story online regarding a recent statement by Triple
      H where he said that WWE's WrestleMania has outdrawn the Super Bowl in
      terms of tickets for the past few years when the two hold their events at
      the same arena. In terms of attendance, WWE did in fact outdraw NFL's
      biggest game of the year in five out of six stadiums however ticket sales
      and economic impact of the Super Bowl surpasses that of WrestleMania. WWE
      and NFL held their respective events in the same stadiums six times - at
      the Pontiac Silverdome in Detroit, Ford Field in Detroit, Reliant Stadium
      in Houston, University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix, Georgia Dome in
      Atlanta, and Sun Life Stadium in Miami. Out of all those in terms of
      attendance, the NFL only wins at the Georgia Dome, edging WWE out with
      72,625 vs 71,617 spectators. If you think WWE has the unfair advantage of
      having seats on the field, WWE spokesman Kevin Hennessy said that while
      that it is true, for WrestleMania - and other WWE events - there are no
      seats behind the stage and those seats are always available for football.
      "That is why we feel justified in making the comparison," Hennessy said.