    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      Thursday, November 1, 2012 Issue #3812

      Hello from London! Kinda cold here! Will be attending the RAW house show
      in Manchester on Saturday since I'll be in the area for something else. It
      wasn't planned but since I'll be there, what the hell. And WWE is picking
      up the tab for the tickets for me and my buddies so it's all good! I think
      this will be my first non-televised event ever!

      Web version at -[http://www.wrestling-online.com/%5d-

      > WWE ANNOUNCES Q3 2012 FINANCIAL RESULTS
      - WWE today announced financial results for its third quarter ended
      September 30, 2012. Revenues totaled $104.2 million as compared to $108.5
      million in the prior year quarter. Operating income was $5.0 million as
      compared to $15.9 million in the prior year quarter. Net income was $3.5
      million as compared to $10.6 million in the prior year quarter. Excluding
      items that impacted comparability on a year-over-year basis, Adjusted
      Operating income was $7.1 million as compared to $21.0 million in the
      prior year quarter, and Adjusted Net income was $5.0 million as compared
      to $14.1 million. "In the third quarter, we continued to make important
      progress on our key strategic initiatives, expanding our content and
      distribution and enhancing our brand strength," stated Vince McMahon,
      Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "The production and licensing of new
      programs, including a third hour of Raw, the WWE Main Event and WWE
      Saturday Morning Slam, as well as the development of online distribution
      on Hulu Plus exemplify our achievement of these goals. The performance of
      our new programs, which have attracted an average audience 14% to 50%
      higher than the viewership of the programs they replaced, demonstrate our
      ability to build consumer interest, which forms the foundation of our
      proposed WWE Network." You can read the full press release at
      http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wwe-reports-2012-third-quarter-123000090.html

      > Q3 2012 REVENUE HITS AND MISSES FOR EACH DEPARTMENT
      - Six of the ten departments within WWE registered a loss of revenue
      compared to the same quarter last year while the remaining four
      departments generated an increase. In the good department, Pay-per-view
      went up to $16.3 million versus $15.8 million as last year thanks to
      SummerSlam; TV revenues were $34 million, on par with the figure of last
      year; Venue merchandise increased from $3.6 million of last year to $4.5
      million; and WWE.COM was up from $3.7 million to $4.8 million. Over in the
      not so good section, live event revenues totalled $22.8 million compared
      to $23 million in the prior year quarter; Home video decreased from $8.3
      million from last year to $6.4 million; Licensing also took a hit with
      revenues of $7.1 million versus $9 million last year; Magazine publishing
      continued its downward spiral from $1.9 million to $1.6 million;
      WWEShop.com revenues declined to $2.7 million from $3.2 million; and WWE
      Studios did $1.9 million in revenue compared to last year's $3.7 million.

      > WWE PAY-PER-VIEWS INCREASE 13% THANKS TO SUMMERSLAM
      - Only Money In The Bank performed worse than last year in the past
      quarter as far as pay-per-view numbers go with SummerSlam and Night of
      Champions both registering a nice increase in total buys. The July Money
      In The Bank show did 188,000 buys this year compared to the 195,000 of
      last year. SummerSlam in August did 358,000 with Lesnar vs HHH as the main
      event compared to 296,000 of last year. In September, Night of Champions
      had 189,000 buys, an increase of 28,000 buys from last year's show.
      Pay-per-views was one of the only four key departments that registered an
      increase in the last quarter for the company. "Our fundamental operating
      metrics showed continued strength. Average attendance increased 6% at our
      live events in North America and Pay-Per-View buys increased 13% for the
      three comparable events in the quarter," said George Barrios, Chief
      Financial Officer.

      > CENA RETURNS TO ACTION
      - John Cena returned to action last night in Strasbourg, France, for his
      first match since his elbow surgery in September. He wrestled - and
      defeated - Dolph Ziggler with their match taking place in the middle of
      the card. Cena underwent surgery on September 18 and was estimated to
      return in time to fight CM Punk at Hell In A Cell however his recovery
      went a bit slower than expected and Cena had to be pulled from the match
      and was replaced by Ryback.

      > WWE NETWORK TO BE SUBSCRIPTION-BASED
      - The proposed WWE Network will be a premium subscription model according
      to WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon and it will be carried by all major
      cable providers. McMahon called it the "most interactive network in the
      world" however stopped short in announcing when the Network will
      eventually launch. The Network was supposed to launch earlier this year on
      WrestleMania Sunday however it got pushed back with no date set. WWE did
      massive upgrades to their television facility and is hiring up to 200
      employees to work on it.

      > BRAD ARMSTRONG PASSES AWAY
      - WWE today announced that Brad Armstrong, the son of WWE Hall of Famer
      Bob Armstrong and the brother of WWE employees Road Dogg Jesse James and
      referee Scott Armstrong, passed away at the age of 51. A short story on
      WWE.COM said that Brad was found unresponsive this morning and last week
      he went to see a physician for a medical issue. Armstrong spent most of
      his wrestling career in the NWA and WCW and joined WWE in 2006 as part of
      the ECW brand.

      > FORMER DIVA PUBLISHES NUDE PHOTOS AFTER LAPTOP IS STOLEN
      - Former WWE Diva Amy Weber had her laptop stolen which included a nude
      photo spread which were not included in her Playboy magazine release and
      instead of waiting for the thief to make money off her nude photos, she
      and her management team decided to release them for free so whoever stole
      them is getting $0 for his theft. The 42 year old former Diva Search
      contestant made her WWE TV debut in 2004 but her run didn't last very
      long. During her time there, she was the image consultant for JBL and only
      wrestled once. In February of 2005 she quit WWE because of allegations of
      harassment from some of the wrestlers and because of the low pay she was
      getting. The mom of two is also an actress, model, and singer. TMZ has two
      of the photos (censored) published on their website at
      http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/31/wwe-amy-weber-naked-photos-pics-stolen-laptop
      /