    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2012

      Thursday, October 18, 2012 Issue #3803

      Newsletter will probably be sent very late tomorrow as I will be flying to
      England for the weekend in the evening. Later!

      Web version at -[http://www.wrestling-online.com/%5d-

      > VIDEO OF DAIVARI'S TRAIN INCIDENT RELEASED
      - Footage of Shawn Daivari's heroic moves on a train in Minnesota finally
      made it to television - and the internet - after the FOX affiliate in the
      area, KMSP, aired the footage on the local news yesterday. The footage
      shows a man wearing a backpack having altercations with a couple of people
      and when things were heating up, Daivari stood up from his seat, removed
      his jacket and proceeded to take down the man in a rear naked choke hold.
      When Daivari managed to take the big man down, he also locked him in a
      scissors hold, ensuring that there was no escape for the offender. When
      the train reached the next stop, the former WWE and TNA Superstar along
      with another passenger threw the man off the train and on to the platform.
      The man tried to stand up but Daivari kicked him down and the other
      passenger threw his coat and baseball cap off too. Several passengers hit
      the emergency button when the man was acting up however no police showed
      up and that's when Daivari took matters in his own hands. Police
      eventually showed up, nine minutes later. You can see the footage of all
      this at http://w-o.it/U9HR1I

      > ATTORNEYS FOR GAWKER AND BUBBA REPLY TO HOGAN LAWSUIT
      - Gawker.com - the site which released a one minute video of the Hogan sex
      tape along with a play-by-play write up of the whole video - responded to
      the lawsuit that Hogan filed against the company through their attorney.
      "He's having sex with another man's wife in another man's home. I'm not
      sure it's reasonable to say he has an expectation of privacy under the
      circumstances," Cameron Stracher, attorney for Gawker, told Reuters. He
      plans to have the judge throw the lawsuit out and not give Hogan a single
      cent of the $100 million in damages he's asking for. Meanwhile, Stephen
      Diaco, attorney for Bubba "The Love Sponge," said that Hulk knew about the
      tape despite his claim that he was unaware of it. "Bubba is a victim;
      Heather is a victim. Bubba does not know who released this tape," Diaco
      said.

      > RAW RATINGS
      - Monday Night RAW did a 2.8 rating this week with an average viewership
      of 3,989,000 viewers, down slightly from last week's show in terms of
      overall eyeballs. Hour one did 4,067,000 viewers, hour two did 4,013,000
      and hour three did 3,886,000. It's interesting to note that hour one was
      also the hour that dragged the number down during three hour shows, with
      the usual 9 to 11 time slot getting stronger ratings. As weeks pass by,
      hour one has been doing good numbers, this week even being the highest
      rated hour. Hour three is now doing the worst when historically, the 10 to
      11 time slot has been the strongest over the years. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE STARTS 3-DAY TOUR IN EGYPT
      - WWE Superstars and Divas started a three day tour in Egypt today, making
      it the sixth new country that WWE has traveled to in 2012. The shows will
      be held at the Cairo Stadium Complex in Cairo, and live events promoters
      Creative Design are handling the tour. The same promoters brought WWE to
      Doha for the first time last year. One Superstar who did not make it on
      the tour was Rey Mysterio, who is still stuck at home after a pretty bad
      stomach virus. He has been out for almost a week and did not wrestle
      during last weekend's non-televised events or RAW on Monday. The returning
      Ted DiBiase replaced Mysterio on the tour.

      > LAWLER APPEARS AT SMACKDOWN IN MEMPHIS
      - WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler made an appearance on Tuesday
      night before the Smackdown tapings started in Memphis, Tennessee. His
      broadcast partner Michael Cole welcomed back Lawler at the top of the ramp
      who got a nice standing ovation from the fans. Lawler realized that he is
      very lucky to be standing there and had a few people to thank, first,
      Michael Cole, who was the first person to realize that something was bad
      and started the process to save his life. The second was Mike Sampson, the
      WWE doctor who is always at ringside ready to jump in when needed. Lawler
      credited Sampson for saving his life as it was him who started the CPR and
      chest compressions when Lawler went down. The King said he feels fantastic
      and doctors told him that he will be making a full recovery and is looking
      forward to returning to Monday Night RAW. WWE.COM has the exclusive
      footage of Lawler's return - which is not scheduled to air on Smackdown -
      at http://bit.ly/R56Bpk