    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2012

      Wednesday, September 19, 2012 Issue #3786

      Nothing to say today...back later.

      > JERRY LAWLER HOLDS PRESS CONFERENCE IN MEMPHIS
      - Jerry "The King" Lawler, returning to Memphis on Monday after spending a
      whole week in a Montreal hospital following a heart attack, held a press
      conference earlier today in his home which was streamed live by several
      news outlets in Memphis. Lawler noted that he only remembers the first
      part of the show, the interview segment between CM Punk and Bret Hart, and
      nothing else that followed it even though his heart attack didn't happen
      for an hour later. Lawler said he has no recollection of wrestling or even
      the things he said during the broadcast and he had to watch the show to
      find out what happened. The King also said that he received calls from
      tons of wrestlers including from Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. Lawler said
      that there's a bond between wrestlers and at the end of the day they all
      look out for each other. Regarding his health, Lawler said apart from
      sore ribs and throat - from CPR and tubes inserted respectively - he's
      doing fine with no pains since the attack. He said the heart attack
      occurred due to two small blocked arteries at the bottom of his heart, one
      of which needed a stent. He credited the WWE medical team and EMTs on site
      for saving his life and their quick action prevented permanent damage.
      Talking about his wrestling future, the WWE Hall of Famer said that he
      thinks about it but it will be several months before he will step back in
      the ring. You can watch the full 15 minute press conference at
      http://w-o.it/RuVsQs

      > WWE EUROPEAN DISTRIBUTOR TO CEASE PRODUCTION OF WWE DVDS
      - WWE's DVD European distributor Silver Vision will stop releasing new
      DVDs in the area after December 31, 2012, ending a 22 year relationship
      with WWE. In a statement on the Silver Vision website, the company said
      that they are saddened by this news as they have worked very hard over the
      years to bring the best service to WWE fans. The SummerSlam 2012 and nWo:
      The Revolution title releases will be the last two new discs to be
      produced by Silver Vision. The company will continue to sell WWE DVDs,
      Blu-rays and WWE films after December 31 until stocks last. Trouble
      between WWE and Silver Vision's parent company Clear Vision started in May
      after it was announced that they have suspended future releases of titles
      citing "product problems." It was never announced what these problems were
      and Silver Vision refunded everyone their money for pre-orders. In the
      beginning of June, an agreement was reached and Silver Vision resumed
      production, including the much anticipated WrestleMania XXVIII DVD and
      Blu-Ray. Silver Vision also supplied WWE licensed titles in Middle East
      and Africa.

      > EDGE APPEARS ON SMACKDOWN, JOINS TWITTER
      - Twitter just got Rated R as WWE Hall of Famer Edge joined the social
      networking website today. "Yes I'm a hypocrite and finally gave in to
      twitsanity," he posted as the first tweet, referring to the many times
      that he said he wouldn't have a Twitter or Facebook account in the past.
      In just over 12 hours, Edge attracted over 25,000 followers and was the
      top trending topic on Twitter as well. His account creation coincided with
      his taped appearance on Smackdown which will air this Friday, his first
      time on WWE television since WrestleMania XXVIII. You can follow Edge at
      @EdgeRatedR.

      > RAW RATING
      - This week's RAW drew an average of 4,051,667 viewers for a composite
      rating of 2.9. It drew the lowest average of viewers since RAW went to
      three hours on July 23, and compared to that episode it dropped by 2
      million viewers. The first hour drew 4,111,000 viewers, the second hour
      did 4,119,000 viewers and the third hour dropped to 3,925,000 viewers.
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWinsder.com)

      > WWE DEFENDS ITSELF AGAINST LINDA'S SENATE OPPONENT
      - The Associated Press is carrying an article today about the WWE trying
      to distance itself from the Attitude Era videos floating around everywhere
      on the web and protecting Linda McMahon in her Senate election in the
      process. "It's being presented as today's WWE," said Brian Flinn, a WWE
      spokesman, "and it does not represent our PG-family-friendly entertainment
      of today." The Senate race is getting ugly as expected and AP notes that
      the Democrats have pumped $320,000 in ads into Chris Murphy's campaign in
      hopes of blunting McMahon's momentum, who currently leads in polls. Her
      opponents are also saying that WWE is trying to help Linda with her
      election. "Chris Murphy's implication or assertion that the WWE is
      coordinating with Linda McMahon's U.S. Senate is untrue, to do so is
      unlawful," the WWE said in a statement yesterday. During the last election
      in 2010, WWE CEO and Chairman Vince McMahon was furious at how the
      Democrats used old WWE footage to discredit his wife Linda in the
      campaign. In an interview with the AP, Vince McMahon said that these WWE
      detractors conveniently left out the "soap opera elements" that lead up to
      the controversial moments and failed to mention the evolution of WWE over
      the past years, most notably the drug testing and improving the health of
      its wrestlers.