    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2012

      Monday, August 20, 2012 Issue #3767

      Nothing to say today...back tomorrow.

      > SUMMERSLAM 2012 PPV RESULTS
      - Here are the quick results from last night's SummerSlam pay-per-view
      which took place at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California. Antonio
      Cesaro defeated Santino Marella to win the U.S. title; Chris Jericho
      defeated Dolph Ziggler; Daniel Bryan defeated Kane; The Miz defeated Rey
      Mysterio to retain the Intercontinental title; Sheamus defeated Alberto
      Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight title; R-Truth and Kofi Kingston
      defeated Prime Time Players to retain the Tag Team titles; CM Punk
      defeated Big Show and John Cena in a triple threat match to retain the WWE
      title; Brock Lesnar defeated Triple H. A full in-depth report of the
      pay-per-view can be accessed at http://w-o.it/OsJuCo

      > BROCK LESNAR TO START RAW AT 8PM ET
      - It was not a good night for Triple H yesterday at SummerSlam but it
      looks like Brock Lesnar enjoyed it so much that he will be on RAW tonight
      as well. The former WWE and UFC champion will make another RAW appearance,
      kicking off the show at 8PM EST, to discuss his victory at SummerSlam.
      Lesnar's next program will probably not be for a few more months due to
      his limited appearances with the company that runs till WrestleMania 29.
      Also, WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will be appearing on RAW "via
      satellite" to talk about last night's SummerSlam main event. HBK supposed
      to be in Triple H's corner at the show but had to pull out after Lesnar
      attacked him on RAW, "breaking" his arm.

      > $10 GIFT CARD AND FREE PARKING FOR FIRST 1,000 AT RAW TONIGHT
      - WWE will be giving a $10 merchandise gift card to the first 1,000 fans
      who arrive at the Save Mart Center between 3:30 and 4:30PM for RAW
      tonight. The gift card can be redeemed for any merchandise being sold at
      the show in the building. This offer is only available to California
      residents who live within 35 miles of Fresno, the site of tonight's RAW,
      and a valid photo ID will be required to check that you are 18 years or
      older. Apart from that, WWE will be picking up the tab for the first 1,000
      vehicles to arrive at the arena, giving fans a free parking.

      > WWE SPOKESMAN SAYS FRED DURST WASN'T THROWN OUT OF THE BUILDING
      - Initial reports that came out of SummerSlam indicated that the lead
      singer for Limp Bizkit, Fred Durst, was kicked out of show yesterday after
      he gave the camera the middle finger when the cameras were showing
      celebrities who were attending the show. A WWE spokesman cleared the air
      with TMZ.COM saying that Durst wasn't thrown out by security but he felt
      so bad after flipping off the camera that he went backstage to apologize
      for his actions. "We appreciate Fred's apology. However, we take our
      family-friendly environment very seriously and this was a violation of
      that. We sincerely apologize to our fans," the spokesman said. Durst later
      tweeted, "Ya know, I kinda like the rumor. Let's just keep it as is. Love
      me some @WWE - Time to Rock !!" WWE used Limp Bizkit songs in the past,
      most notably the theme song for WrestleMania XIX which was titled Crack
      Addict and the group performed the Undertaker's theme song Rollin' live on
      the show on that night as well.

      > ORIGINAL WWWF TITLE FOUND IN AN ATTIC
      - W-O readers Michael Brinkschroeder and Dave Zelickson sent in an article
      which originally appeared on the SLAM! Wrestling website about the
      discovery of the original WWWF title from 1963. When Bruno Sammartino
      defeated Buddy Rogers at Madison Square Garden to win the WWWF title,
      Sammartino never received the original belt which Rogers held at the time.
      A new one was made and Sammartino eventually wore that one throughout his
      long reign as the company's champion. Cue in Annie Barend, the widow of
      former WWWF wrestler and former tag team parter of Rogers, Johnny Barend.
      While she was cleaning her attic in Avon, N.Y., she found a belt wrapped
      in a bath towel and after doing some homework she discovered that the
      wrapped belt was Buddy Rogers' original WWWF title. Dave Millican, who
      creates title belts for WWE, verified the authenticity of the title and
      bought the title off Annie Barend. The full article can be read at
      http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2012/08/11/20093046.html