    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2012

      Sunday, August 5, 2012 Issue #3758

      I don't know about you guys, but for the past week I've been getting
      overdosed on Olympics. It's been an exciting event so far, some great
      matches, races, swims, etc. And London is being a terrific host too.
      Having 24 HD channels - plus one in 3D - all showing different Olympics
      throughout the day is helping with the coverage. Oh yeah, unlike in the
      U.S., they're all live! :-P

      With the growing popularity of mixed martial arts, I wouldn't be surprised
      if MMA is added as an Olympic sport down the road. That'd be fun to watch.

      > THE ROCK IN ENGLAND TO FILM FAST & FURIOUS 6
      - Dwayne Johnson is currently in England as production for his next movie,
      Fast & Furious 6, has started at Shepperton Studios. The Rock joins Paul
      Walker, Vin Diesel, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez,
      Luke Evans, and MMA star Gina Carano in this movie which will film across
      Europe under the direction of Justin Lin. The former WWE champion will
      reprise the role of Diplomatic Security Service agent Luke Hobbs, who
      after he helped Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's characters escape in Fast
      Five, is back in the hunt for the duo.

      > ORTON GETS NEW MOVIE FROM WWE STUDIOS
      - Several months ago, WWE announced that Randy Orton would be the leading
      star in the third movie of The Marine franchise, however, the Marines unit
      that Orton served for years ago complained about the bad taste in choice
      (Orton went AWOL) and WWE eventually replaced him with The Miz. Now WWE
      will give Orton another movie, and yet another sequel, this time for
      another John Cena original, 12 Rounds. The new movie is titled 12 Rounds:
      Reloaded, and it will be a joint project between WWE Studios and Twentieth
      Century Fox Home Entertainment. Principal photography will begin on
      September 26 in Vancouver, Canada, with Roel Reine - from The Scorpion
      King 3 - directing. This is WWE Studios' second film in a three-picture
      agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. The preview for
      the movie reads, "Orton will portray an Emergency Medical Technician who
      finds himself caught in a deadly 12-round game of cat and mouse with a
      vengeful man tied to the paramedic's past. With little time to spare and
      his wife's life hanging in the balance, the EMT must figure out why he's
      been chosen to be the pawn in this maniac's game before it's too late."

      > MARK HENRY AND WWE OFFICIALS IN LONDON TO SCOUT OLYMPIANS
      - In his latest blog, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross said that WWE officials
      are accompanying Mark Henry in London, England for some scouting. "WWE
      officials along with Mark Henry are in London at the Olympic Games doing
      some important due diligence for WWE Developmental. Stay tuned," Ross
      wrote. Henry is not new to the Olympics as the former World Heavyweight
      champion participated in the 1992 and 1996 Summer Olympics. However his
      time in the games were not that impressive, finishing tenth in the 92
      Olympics and then fourteenth in the 96 Olympics after a back injury.

      > WADE BARRETT RETURNING NEXT WEEK
      - PWInsider is reporting that Wade Barrett is set to return from his
      injury next week and is booked on the upcoming WWE Japan tour. The former
      leader of the Nexus got injured during a RAW battle royal last February,
      dislocating his elbow when he tried to catch Dolph Ziggler. The injury
      required surgery, hence the five month layoff. The 32 year old Brit still
      had work to do during his time away from the ring as he was cast in the
      WWE Studios movie Dead Man Down, starring Colin Farrell. The movie is
      scheduled to be released next year.

      > HBK APPRECIATION NIGHT TOMORROW ON RAW
      - Tomorrow night's RAW will be airing from the AT&T Center in San Antonio,
      Texas, and the event is being advertised as a Shawn Michaels Appreciation
      Night. While no details have been released, viewers will most likely be
      treated to an HBK overdose tomorrow as the WWE Hall of Famer will be
      enjoying the home town support. Also on the show will be Brock Lesnar, who
      will chalk off another appearance from his limited-appearance WWE contract
      as he continues the build to his SummerSlam match against Triple H, who
      will also be part of tomorrow's three hour broadcast.