    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012

      Thursday, August 2, 2012 Issue #3757

      If you don't like spoilers, at the very end of the newsletter there's a
      spoiler of who is the new Smackdown General Manager. There is a warning
      after the last news and ample space in between so scroll slowly if you
      don't want to find out who got the job.

      > WWE ANNOUNCES Q2 2012 FISCAL RESULTS
      - WWE today announced its fiscal results for the second quarter ending
      June 30, 2012. Revenues totaled $141.6 million as compared to $142.6
      million in the prior year quarter. Operating income was $19.6 million as
      compared to $21.0 million in the prior year quarter. Net income was $11.9
      million, or $0.16 per share, as compared to $14.3 million, or $0.19 per
      share, in the prior year quarter. "In the second quarter, we made
      important progress on our key strategic initiatives, expanding our content
      and distribution and enhancing our brand strength," said Vince McMahon,
      Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "The production and licensing of a
      third hour of Raw and the launch of a new program, WWE Main Event, for ION
      Television, as well as our exploding social media presence which now
      reaches over 100 million global fans, exemplify our achievement of these
      goals." You can read the full report in PDF by going to
      http://corporate.wwe.com/documents/PressRelease-Q22012-FINAL_000.pdf

      > LICENSING AND WWE STUDIOS BIGGEST MONEY LOSERS AGAIN
      - Six of the ten key WWE departments showed an increase in revenue when
      comparing the latest results to the same quarter from last year. The other
      four included two big money losers, licensing which decreased by $5.4
      million, and WWE Studios which bled another $3.7 million. The departments
      which increased in revenue compared to last year where live events,
      pulling in $35.4 million vs $35.2 million of last year; Pay-per-views did
      $40.8 million as compared to $34.4 million last year; TV rights were $32.4
      million as compared to $32.0 million; Home video increased to $7.8 million
      from $7.5 million; WWE.com revenues were $4.8 million as compared to $3.4
      million; and WWEShop revenues were $3.0 million as compared to $2.8
      million in the prior year quarter. Those departments which generated less
      revenue in the second quarter include licensing which did $6.6 million as
      compared to $12.0 million; Magazine publishing kept sliding to $1.3
      million as compared to $1.6 million; Venue merchandise fell to $5.4
      million from $6.3 million; and WWE Studios did $600,000 compared to $4.3
      million in the prior year quarter.

      > LATEST FIGURES PUT WRESTLEMANIA AT 1.2 MILLION BUYS
      - WWE had some good news in pay-per-view numbers this quarter with all
      four shows registering an increase in total buys. According to the latest
      figures, WrestleMania XXVIII in April did 1,217,000 buys, an increase from
      the previous year's WrestleMania which did 1,059,000. In May, Extreme
      Rules with the return of Brock Lesnar did 263,000, up from 209,000 last
      year's show made. Over The Limit, also in May, managed 167,000 buys, up
      from 140,000 from last year. In June, WWE replaced last year's Capitol
      Punishment with No Way Out, registering 194,000 buys versus 170,000 that
      last year's show did.

      > UNDERTAKER AND WIFE MICHELLE MCCOOL EXPECTING BABY
      - The Undertaker and his wife and former WWE Diva Michelle McCool are
      expecting their first child together. The announcement came at yesterday's
      Florida Championship Wrestling event held in Tampa, where the Undertaker
      was a guest, doing autograph signings and looking at the talent. This will
      be the fourth child for the Undertaker. He has a son, Gunner, from his
      first marriage, two daughters, Chasey and Gracie, from his second
      marriage, and now this one from his third marriage. His kids are aged 19,
      10, and 7 respectively.

      > SURVIVOR SERIES LOCATION, PRE-SALE CODE
      - This year's Survivor Series will be held at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse
      in Indianapolis, Indiana, on November 18, and tickets go on sale to the
      general public this Saturday. For those who want to purchase tickets now,
      you can use the pre-sale code SERIES, with the pre-sale ending on Friday
      at 10PM ET. Ticket prices range from $25 to $350 - excluding additional
      taxes and fees apply - for ringside with the commemorative chair.

      > HELL IN A CELL PPV PRE-SALE CODE
      - The Hell In A Cell pay-per-view is coming to the Philips Arena in
      Atlanta, Georgia, this coming October and tickets will go on sale this
      Saturday. Those wishing to buy tickets during the pre-sale to score the
      best seats, Ticketmaster.com will start a pre-sale at 10AM ET, tomorrow,
      August 3. The password for the pre-sale is ATLANTA. The pre-sale will last
      just 12 hours and will close at 10PM ET tomorrow as well. Tickets will be
      priced from $29 to $404 for a ringside seat with a commemorative chair.
      Taxes and additional fees apply.

      > RAW RATINGS
      - The first three hour RAW post the 1000 edition didn't fare as good in
      the ratings and the Olympics coverage on NBC probably didn't help things
      either. This past Monday's RAW drew a 3.08 rating overall off hours 2.79
      in the first, 3.21 in the second and 3.25 in the third for an average
      viewership of 4,495,000. Hour one as usual dragged the rating down, doing
      only 4 million viewers while the second and third did 4.7 million each,
      with the second hour pulling slightly more than the third. (Ratings
      compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE ISSUES APOLOGY AFTER TENSAI'S RACIALLY INSENSITIVE TOUT VIDEO
      - Abraham Washington wasn't the only one who messed up this week with his
      Kobe Bryant comment, but Tensai also received a warning for a Tout video
      he uploaded and shared with the rest of the world. The man formerly known
      as Prince Albert recorded a video as he sat on the passenger seat while
      his sidekick, Sakamoto, was driving a car to Indianapolis for Smackdown
      tapings. "Very, very dangerous to drive with a Japanese person," Tensai
      said, before smacking him and ordering him to "open his eyes." The comment
      was deemed racially insensitive considering that Sakamoto is Asian and the
      video was taken down with WWE then issuing an apology. "While in
      character, Lord Tensai (Matt Bloom) clearly took his storyline too far and
      he will be reprimanded for his inappropriate comments," the spokesman said.

      > JERICHO ANNOUNCES AUGUST 14 AS LAST DATE WITH WWE FOR NOW
      - In an interview with the website iconvsicon.com, the first ever WWE
      Undisputed champion Chris Jericho announced that his last date with WWE
      for the time being will be in two weeks time, on August 14, as he will be
      busy with his band Fozzy. "I came back to the WWE and as of August 14,
      2012, when 'Sin and Bones' comes out, we go on the road with the Uproar
      Tour. At that time, I am done with the WWE and it is full-time with Fozzy
      until the album cycle and touring is done," said Jericho. Jericho said
      that he is very fortunate that he had two dreams that have come true,
      "both of them in these very big ways." He described his time with Fozzy as
      slowly catching up to where he is wrestling-wise in terms of popularity
      and satisfaction. "If I were to retire tomorrow, I would be very happy
      with all the things we have done as a band. We have worked really hard to
      get here and have all the pieces of the puzzle there and ready - it has
      been a whirlwind! I want to continue to build on those achievements!"

      SPOILER ALERT

      SPOILER ALERT

      > VINCE MCMAHON NAMES NEW SMACKDOWN GENERAL MANAGER
      - He's a former five time, five time, five time, five time, five time, WCW
      champion, and former World Heavyweight champion, and now he's the
      Smackdown General Manager. And you better dig that, sucker! That's right,
      Booker T was announced as the Smackdown General Manager on Tuesday by
      Vince McMahon during the tapings which will air this tomorrow night on
      SyFy. WWE broke the story on its mobile alert service yesterday which was
      followed by a story on WWE.COM. Booker T has been part of the Smackdown
      announce team since February 2011, weeks after he returned at the Royal
      Rumble to a massive pop from the crowd.