    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 1999

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Wednesday, September 2nd, 1999

      I S S U E # 3 9 6

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      Here's a little note from our friend Charlie!

      BYTE BACK! Charlie@...

      "Not that you'll remember me of course, but I am the one who was
      shoddily mistreated by the editor Colin Vassallo and fellow writer Iain
      Burnside, culminating in my 'funny turn' which led to a prolonged
      abscence of Warrior proportions. Now though, I've returned for the best
      reason possible - to give you, our loyal readers, the chance to get your
      comments and queries printed in the newsletter. Do you want the world to
      hear about your views on Smackdown? Who do you side with, Hogan or
      Savage? Will Triple H make a good champion? Did you agree with the
      recent Top 50 poll? Is Sid a good choice as WCW's 'millennium man'?
      Would Kidman make a good signing for the WWF? Do you have a general
      wonderment about the wonderful world of wrestling? Did you enjoy
      Summersham? Got any views on the newsletter? And what about Raven? There
      are just too many questions, but send your comments and queries to me at
      charlie@... and you too could end up on Byteback!"

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      **History of the Undertaker Videos**

      The Ministry and FuseVids are proud to offer to you the History of the
      Undertaker videos. It is an 8-4hr tape set, or just buy the volumes that
      you want. You can find all of the details at
      http://the-ministry.hypermart.net
      ======================================

      >> 4 YEAR OLD KID KILLS 15 MONTH OLD TODDLER WHILE WATCHING WRESTLING
      By Drew Brown, [The Macon Telegraph]

      WARNER ROBINS - A wrestling video may have influenced a 4-year-old boy
      strike a toddler and kick him off a bed to his death, authorities say.

      Fifteen-month-old Ramone Francois King died Sunday at a Macon hospital
      from
      a skull fracture he received Saturday while in the care of a 24-year-old
      baby
      sitter at a Vickie Drive home.

      "What we don't know is if this 4 1/2-year-old was acting out some of the
      stuff he'd seen on this wrestling tape or what," said Houston County
      sheriff's juvenile division Capt. Jerry Stewart. "But three of the other
      children confirmed seeing him kicking and striking the young
      15-month-old. Some of the blows were with his feet, and some of the
      blows were with a hard plastic toy."

      The baby sitter told police he left the home for about 10 to 15 minutes
      to make a phone call. Before he left, he placed Ramone on a bed to sleep
      and a wrestling tape in the videocassette recorder to entertain the six
      other children, ages 4 to 9.

      The pre-schooler either kicked or threw Ramone off the bed, which
      fractured his skull, according to Stewart. An autopsy report Tuesday
      showed that the toddler also suffered liver damage from the blows.

      "He was beat up pretty good," said Stewart.

      The case remains under investigation. The baby sitter is not likely to
      face
      charges in connection with the death, but could be charged with "neglect
      or
      something along those lines," said Stewart.

      Authorities are at a loss about what to do with Ramone's 4-year-old
      attacker.

      "Obviously, you can't charge someone that young, but we're going to be
      talking with the juvenile judge here and the district attorney's office,
      but I don't know," said Stewart. "Certainly, in my view, the child
      should be evaluated to see if there are any other problems there."

      A bigger issue, the captain said, is whether the videotape influenced
      the
      4-year-old boy to beat the younger child.

      "You can draw your own conclusions," he said. "But I think the
      likelihood is very strong that it may have."

      > RAW RATINGS
      - Although RAW Is WAR aired at 11PM EST last Monday, it still managed to
      pull good ratings. RAW got a 4.2 in both hours, for a composite of 4.2.
      Quarter hour ratings were: 3.8, 4.5, 4.4, 4.2, 4.5, 4.2, 4.0, 3.7, and
      4.1.

      > OTHER RATINGS
      - Livewire did a 1.6, Superstars got a 2.1 and Heat pulled a 4.1. The US
      Open which took RAW's timeslot got only a 1.0 from 7:30 to 11:00PM. When
      will USA Network realize that neither tennis nor dog shows can pull the
      same ratings RAW gets?

      > NEW COMMERCIAL FOR TWO WWF PPVs
      - Last Friday, the WWF filmed a commercial to run during "WWF Rebellion"
      and "WWF Armageddon", two upcoming PPVs for October and December. The
      location for the filming was the same of last year's SummerSlam 98
      Highway To Hell video. Rock, Triple H, Chyna, Chris Jericho, Kane and
      the Big Show all took part in the filming. Steve Austin and Undertaker
      will also be included, but footage will be taken from the Highway To
      Hell video, since this commercial is made in the same environment. The
      commercial has alot of fire, special effects, and ends in all wrestlers
      brawling. The commercial will be available on WWF.com on a later date.
      Producer for this commercial is David Sahadi, the mind behind all WWF
      Attitude commercials and other federation videos.

      > NEW CHANNEL IN GERMANY FOR WWF
      - After WWF programming got cancelled from RTL2 in Germany, the WWF
      found a new channel to carry their weekly programs, TM3. TM3 will start
      airing WWF every week starting on Thursday, October 7th, at 10:05PM. RAW
      will air on Tuesdays for an hour. Schedule is subject to change.

      > RAW GETTING A FACE LIFT!
      - Once again, the popular Monday night show "RAW IS WAR" will be getting
      another face lift in the next few weeks! These could include a new set,
      a new video introduction, graphics, music and other stuff.

      > WWF THE MUSIC VOLUME 4
      - WWF The Music Volume 4 will be released on 11/2. It will feature not
      only the WWF Superstars entrance themes but original music you have
      never heard before. Chris Jericho's theme is the only one
      confirmed for the album, but many expect Triple H, Shane McMahon, The
      Big Show and other superstars to have their theme music on the album.
      (Joe DeLeon)

      > CABLE RANKINGS
      - For the week of August 23rd - 29th, the WWF placed first, second and
      third with their programs in the Nielsen Media cable rankings. Each
      ratings point represents 994,000 households.

      1. ``WWF Sports Entertainment'' (Monday, 9 p.m.), USA, 4.3, 4.3 million
      homes.
      2. ``WWF Sports Entertainment'' (Monday, 10 p.m.), USA, 4.3, 4.26
      million homes.
      3. ``WWF Sunday Night Heat'' (Sunday, 7 p.m.), USA, 3.1, 3.11 million
      homes.

      > NITRO RATINGS
      - Nitro started with 3.3 in hour one, 4.2 in hour two and 4.5 in hour
      three. Composite for the three hour show was 4.0. Quarter hour ratings
      were: 2.7, 3.4, 3.4, 3.6, 3.9, 4.2, 4.5, 4.2, 4.4, 4.3, 4.3, 4.8, and
      4.6.

      > OKERLUND'S CONTRACT EXPIRING
      - Gene Okerlund's current WCW contract expires on September 12th, and no
      serious discussions took place between Gene and WCW to renew his
      contract. It will be interesting to see if Gene decides to stay with
      WCW, join WWF after his contract is over or just quit wrestling forever.

      > CURRENT CARD FOR FALLBRAWL
      - Buff Bagwell vs Berlyn; Barry and Kendall Windham vs Harlem Heat;
      Diamond Dallas Page vs Goldberg; Chris Benoit vs Sid; Sting vs Hulk
      Hogan; expect more matches to be added in the next weeks. Card is
      subject to change.

      > STEINER TO RETURN
      - Scott Steiner is now cleared to wrestle after he got medical release
      from doctors. His official website states an appearance will be made at
      the September 6th Nitro from Miami, Florida.

      > FALL BRAWL IN DEEP TROUBLE
      - It's reported that Fall Brawl only sold 2,200 tickets so far, and that
      means WCW is in serious trouble, and could run the PPV at a huge loss of
      money. Main event for the PPV is Hulk Hogan vs Sting, for the WCW
      Heavyweight title. Hogan is upset with this main event because he's
      supposed to be the top babyface in the federation.

      > WCW LIVE REPORT, by Danny Fisher
      - The show begins with Jeremy Borash, Bob Ryder, Ross Forman; Vampiro
      had a personal problem and could not be on the show so Dave Penzer and
      Disco Inferno took his place.

      The WCW Listner Hotline is now open and the number is 1-612-380-1596.
      You can
      call with your comments on anything you want WCW TV shows, WCW Live,
      etc; Jeremy asked Bob if hes heard about the last PPV of the millenium
      with KISS and Bob said he has'nt heard nothing about it.

      Bob said this weekend that Goldberg and Hulk Hogan will be special
      guests at the house shows and its a real treat to the fans because their
      not scheduled.

      A caller asked about Sids push and the possibilty of beating Chris
      Benoit and Bob said it would be terrible because Sid does'nt need the
      title and Chris Benoit would lose credibility and if Sid did'nt squash
      him Sid would lose credibility. Bob said Benoit and Sid should stay away
      from each other for now.

      Dave Penzer joins the show and says that at the Saturday night tapings
      4x4 debuted and everybody got a good laugh about that. He said the crowd
      was great.They talk about Universal Soildier and how it flopped and
      Goldberg is hoping his old music will come back soon.

      Jeremy asked who are the top wrestlers who love the internet and Madden
      said
      Kevin Nash,Scott Hall,X-Pac and others; A caller asked if Kevin Nash
      yelled at Kidman and Konnan at Nitro and Bob said he would'nt be
      suprised if it happened and Madden said that would be absurd because
      they were granting a request by Bischoff.

      Disco Inferno joins the show cussing about Penzer getting on before him.
      And
      Madden asked about Nash punishing Kidman and Konnan and Disco said it
      was
      false. Disco said he had a grueling 3 minute match with Rick Steiner.
      Disco is watching a porn movie in the marriot. Disco yells at Penzer and
      Borash, then they all had to leave and the show was over.

      > DDP'S STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS
      - Yo Cutters…What's up?

      Had a fun weekend in New York this week. Kim and I went up for a Bang
      It Out For Books promotion in Poughkeepsie, New York. We ended up
      giving our normal $1000, and tag teamed with Scholastic to match our
      donation and give $2000 to the Poughkeepsie Elementary School system.
      Kimberly has been getting a lot of requests for autograph signings, so
      keep your eyes and ears open. On Saturday night, we went into New York
      and took a bite out of the Big Apple. I didn't realize it until I got
      into the city, but the WWF was at the Garden. So I put a call in to the
      G, better known as the new Showstopper, because he is the Big Show. G
      was looking as big as ever. I hadn't seen him in about seven months, and
      we got to meet his new girlfriend, Beth. Spent a couple of hours with G
      after the matches and then headed out to the club scene while he headed
      back to the hotel. The next night, Sunday, Kim and I went to see what I
      think is the best movie ever, the Sixth Sense. Just like the Diamond
      Cutter, you the never see these spots coming.

      The next day, though, was a new avenue you will see DDP take every once
      in awhile. I went to the Newark Detention Center Monday morning with my
      good buddy, Booker T. We got in touch through my publicist, Carole
      Imperiale, and her husband, Detective Chris Imperiale, who got in touch
      with Director Joe Clark…yes, that is the same guy portrayed by Morgan
      Freeman in "Lean On Me". This guy is something special. The kids in
      the Detention Center are there anywhere from 30 to 90 days, and you want
      to see respect from kids who would most likely never show it, they show
      it there. The whole reason we went there was to shed some positive
      influence on a negative situation. You'll hear about this more as time
      goes on, but I set them up with the "It's All About Decisions, It's All
      About Positive Energy, It's All About The Want To Believe In Yourself".
      In other words, you've got to make a decision to want to believe in
      yourself. It went a lot deeper than that, but I really had the kids'
      attention when I brought Booker T up on stage. Booker's speech was
      incredible. The story he had to tell was remarkable. I had heard it
      before, but on this day it really hit me. I know that Booker reached out
      and touched a lot of these kids. It was a tremendous one, two punch that
      we hope will change at least one, if not more, lives…and we are going to
      continue to bang it out. After
      that, we were off to the Nassau Coliseum. Got some great shots with
      Booker T and Joe Clark, which will be up on the site later this week.

      All right, on to Nitro. No, they did not re-shoot a white limo smashing
      into the limo. Whoever thought of that, please get a life. The crash was
      filmed with the white Hummer. The rest of the segments used a black
      Hummer.

      One of the things I liked on the show was my buddy Berlyn. Thought he
      did a phenomenal job. I absolutely loved the one guy frisking down
      Gene. I also think the interpreter, who is a shoot interpreter, did a
      great job.

      Got some hot news. Rich will be doing an interview with Rena Mero
      within the next week or so. Have more on that, and maybe a couple of
      quotes in next week's email. The preview will only go out to members.
      Everyone else will have to wait until the interview hits the site.

      This week's book quote comes from Chapter Seven.

      So we are sitting around talking, and they asked about my earlier stint
      in wrestling. When I told them that I had had a brief encounter in the
      ring as 'Handsome' Dallas Page, Smokey the consummate, quick witted,
      smart-@$$ replied "well you can forget about that gimmick, now", to
      which I gave my stock answer, 'BLOW ME!'

      All had agreed that I had the look, and attitude to do it, and Stallion
      said that I had 'plenty of goofy looking clothes', so the after work
      wind down wound up being a 'skull session' that created the character.

      I was really living the life of 'Diamond Dallas Page' at that time. With
      the fame that came from running the hot nightclub came the limousines,
      and all the perks. The ideas started flying…how about a hot chick to
      come to the ring with, she could be a 'Diamond Doll', she could be a
      'new one', a different girl every time… By this time we are getting a
      buzz, and everything sounds good.

      Be watching for Kimberly on Inside Edition where she did an interview
      for Nitro Girls: Women Of Wrestling and the search for the new Nitro
      Girls kicks off in Miami this weekend. You will already see a new Nitro
      Girl performing this Monday. As far as named go, we already have Chyna,
      Asya, Berlyn, so we are going to call her Antarctica…or maybe, Newark.

      As always, it's been your pleasure…

      Diamond Dallas Page

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1999 Wrestling-Online