    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2012

      Tuesday, July 24, 2012 Issue #3752

      Well RAW 1000 has come and gone. I managed to stay up for the whole show
      in the very early hours of the morning over here and I really enjoyed it.
      Like I said on Twitter, the only two things that bothered me were the fact
      that the title match ended in a DQ, and that there was no Steve Austin.

      Apart from those two, it was a very enjoyable show and it brought back
      some good memories. Highlight of the night for me was definitely Lita, who
      looked smoking hot and appeared to be in the best shape of her life. The
      DX reunion with the New Age Outlaws and X-Pac was nicely done as well.

      All in all, great show. And thanks to everyone who participated in the
      live tweeting yesterday. It was fun.

      > ROCK GETS A TITLE SHOT AT ROYAL RUMBLE
      - The most electrifying man in sports entertainment history returned to
      RAW last night to address the WWE title situation and he walked out of St.
      Louis with a title shot in 2013. The Rock interrupted the CM Punk and
      Daniel Bryan segment right after the wedding went down the drain. Bryan
      said he's the greatest Superstar of all time, something apparently The
      Rock didn't like as that's when he came out. Rocky insulted Bryan before
      turning his attention to CM Punk. He told Punk that at the Royal Rumble in
      Phoenix, Arizona, whoever the champion will be then will be facing him for
      the gold. The Rock then gave Daniel Bryan his wedding gift - a Rock Bottom
      - to end the segment.

      > ROCK AND CENA ENTERTAIN THE CROWD AFTER RAW
      - After RAW went off the air, The Rock and John Cena regained their super
      powers and took down the Big Show again. Cena positioned Show in the
      middle of the ring, setting him up for the People's Elbow. The Rock went
      in his place and when he tried to remove the elbow pad, he realized he
      obviously didn't have one. Cena then offered his arm band, to which the
      Rock refused. However he then had a change of heart, put it on his arm,
      threw it in the crowed, ran the ropes, and right before he dropped the
      elbow, saluted Cena. All this while Cena was in the corner pumping up the
      crowd. The two then shook hands and Cena left, leaving The Rock in the
      ring alone to pose. You can see the video of this at http://w-o.it/QykNYb

      > SUMMERSLAM MAIN EVENT CONFIRMED
      - The SummerSlam main event was confirmed yesterday as Brock Lesnar
      accepted Triple H's challenge for a match in Los Angeles. Actually it was
      Paul Heyman who accepted it after he got owned by Stephanie McMahon. The
      segment started with Paul Heyman walking out instead of Lesnar, and
      basically telling HHH that his client has denied his request. Heyman once
      again mentioned Triple H's kids and then apologized after HHH threatened
      him. Out came Stephanie McMahon, the wife of Triple H. Stephanie ripped on
      Heyman, calling him a parasite, and telling him not to mention their kids
      again before slapping him. The man formerly behind ECW then started to
      leave, but then came back, admitting this was all a trap and said
      Stephanie always gets what she wants. He accepted the challenge before
      Stephanie once again attacked him as Triple H looked on. Lesnar's music
      hit and out came the former UFC and WWE Heavyweight champion. Lesnar and
      Triple H brawled but it was HHH who got the upper hand, clotheslining
      Lesnar out of the ring as he and Heyman backtracked.

      > AJ NEW RAW GENERAL MANAGER
      - From next week, Monday Night RAW will get a little whacky as Mr. McMahon
      yesterday made a crazy decision and appointed WWE Diva AJ as the permanent
      RAW General Manager. AJ was getting married to Daniel Bryan when she
      started chanting "Yes! Yes! Yes!" before Reverend Slick asked her if she
      wants to take Daniel Bryan as her husband. However AJ said that she was
      saying yes to someone else as she received another proposal backstage!
      Vince McMahon's music hit and McMahon assured Bryan that "it's not that
      kind of proposal," but rather, a business proposal. The Chairman and CEO
      then announced AJ as the new RAW General Manager, as the Diva hopped
      around in the ring and to the back in her wedding dress. The 25 year old
      New Jersey native has been employed by WWE since 2009 and her appointment
      as on-screen general manager bodes well for her, and maybe also shows some
      trust in her ability to perform after she did quite well in the past
      months in the Bryan/Punk storyline.

      > CM PUNK TURNS HEEL
      - It finally happened, CM Punk switched sides yesterday at the end of
      Monday Night RAW, turning heel after his match against John Cena for the
      WWE title. During the match, Big Show interfered when the referee was
      knocked down, and delivered his KO punch to Cena. Punk stood in the
      corner, leaving Show to damage Cena. When Cena was down, Punk had second
      thoughts but then revived the referee and went for the heelish pin, only
      for Cena to kick out. Eventually Show returned and caused the DQ and once
      again Punk just stood there and watched. The Rock's theme song hit and the
      Brahama Bull came out at full speed to save Cena. Rocky hit Show with
      several right hands and then delivered a big spine buster as the People's
      Champ did his best Hogan impression by flexing his impressive upper body.
      Rock hit the ropes for the People's Elbow but Punk slid back in the ring
      and just before Rock hit the elbow, Punk clotheslined him to massive
      cheers and boos. Rock got up and Punk was ready behind him, set him up,
      and delivered the Go To Sleep to The Rock as Rock feel down likeŠwe'll, a
      rock! Punk then walked to the back amid massive boos from the crowd as the
      show faded to black. You can see the ending including Rock's run-in at
      http://w-o.it/LKmMSU

      > LITA AND APA GET RID OF HEATH SLATER
      - Just as Michael Cole said on RAW, the one man band is out of business.
      Very true indeed, and Heath Slater is lucky to still have his head
      attached to his neck after yesterday. The Legends angle had its pay off
      yesterday on RAW 1000 as Heath Slater challenged anyone from the back. Out
      came the former 4 time WWE Women's champion Lita, looking better than
      ever. Lita informed Slater that for this match, she hired a little
      protection for herself. WWE Hall of Famer Ron Simmons and John "Bradshaw"
      Layfield, better known together as the APA, walked out to a massive pop
      from the crowd. Slater ran out but all the other Legends who he faced in
      previous weeks ran out and attacked him, throwing him back in the ring.
      Lita delivered the Twist of Faith and then JBL hit one of the nastiest
      looking clotheslines in recent history, nearly hitting a home run out of
      the arena with Slater's head. The former Diva then hit the ropes and did
      her moonsault finisher, suffering somewhat of a wardrobe malfunction after
      she landed because of her bikini top to get the pin. You can see the full
      segment and two wardrobe malfunctions shots at http://w-o.it/QgTTW4

      > AUSTIN EXPLAINS HIS ABSENCE FROM RAW
      - Stone Cold Steve Austin wrote a blog on his BrokenSkullRanch.com website
      to explain his absence from yesterday's RAW 1000 show. "The reason I did
      not attend RAW 1,000 was because I underwent a major knee surgery on my
      left knee on July 2, 2012," Austin wrote, saying he watched the show from
      his Los Angeles home. The WWE Hall of Famer said that the surgery was a
      complete success but he is three weeks post op and just started physical
      therapy a few days ago. Austin said that he is still on crutches and then
      he's back to wearing a knee brace for around 9-12 more weeks. "There was
      no way I was going to limp down the ramp on crutches for RAW 1,000. It
      was time to get my knee fixed. The decision to no-show RAW 1,000 was made
      by me and no one else," Austin added. Austin said that he's sorry he
      missed the show and he would have loved to be there under different
      circumstances. "I normally keep my personal business to myself, but due
      to feedback and incorrect speculation, I have posted this blog and given
      the 411 on why I was not at RAW 1,000."

      > TNA HALL OF FAME TICKETS NOW ON SALE
      - The first ever TNA Hall of Fame ceremony will be held at the Pointe
      Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, Arizona, on October 13, on the
      eve of Bound For Glory. The ceremony will also include a sit-down dinner
      with tickets selling for $125 a piece. Sting will be the first person to
      be ever inducted into the newly formed TNA HOF. "Be part of history as one
      of the greatest wrestling superstars of all time is honored with the
      induction as the very first member of TNA Wrestling's Hall of Fame. This
      once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will never happen again," says the TNA
      website. You can purchase tickets at shoptna.com.