    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 1:09 PM

      Tuesday, July 3, 2012 Issue #3739

      Happy Independence Day to all our American readers for tomorrow! Have a
      safe holiday.

      > SMACKDOWN IN COLORADO SPRINGS CANCELED
      - WWE issued a press release announcing that due to the Waldo Canyon fire,
      the Smackdown tapings on Tuesday, July 10, that was supposed to take place
      from Colorado Springs, Colorado, has been canceled. Refunds for tickets
      purchased for this event are available at point of purchase starting at
      10AM today. WWE is also donating $10,000 to the American Red Cross to
      offer support to those families affected by the wildfires. Due to the
      canceled tapings, the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado, will host both
      Monday Night RAW and SmackDown on July 9. That means fans going to RAW
      will get to see a Smackdown episode as well, although it will be one long
      night of TV taping and stoppage for commercial breaks.

      > FUNNY COMMERCIAL FOR THREE HOUR RAW CHANGE DEBUTS
      - WWE has created a funny commercial to promote its move to three hours
      starting July 23 on USA Network. The ad features Vince McMahon talking to
      a phone, telling a passing-by John Cena - who is using headphones - to
      tell everyone that RAW starts at 8 from July 23, an hour earlier than
      usual. Cena doesn't get the message, and then starts calling his fellow
      Superstars as the story changes from "starting at 8" to "baking a cake,"
      "having to hydrate," "bring a date," "lose weight," etc, until it reaches
      Triple H, who walks into McMahon's office telling him that he got the
      message. The message ends up being Great Khali walking in with a glove in
      his hand as HHH tells McMahon that he's here to "check his prostate." It's
      pretty hilarious and it sort of reminds you of the commercials that the
      company used to do during the Attitude Era. You can see it at
      http://w-o.it/MR6CLx

      > BRET HART TO APPEAR ON RAW 1,000TH EPISODE
      - Local advertising in St. Louis, Missouri, hyping up the 1,000th episode
      of Monday Night RAW are also featuring an appearance by Bret "Hit Man"
      Hart for the historic show. The Scottrade Center, site of that night's
      RAW, has now also added Bret's name to the list of Superstars being there.
      The WWE Hall of Famer and multiple time WWE champion was a major part of
      RAW, from its inception all the way to his departure to WCW and his big
      return in 2010. This will be Bret's first appearance on WWE television
      since September 12, 2011, where on that day he teamed up with John Cena to
      take on Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez in a tag team match.
      Yesterday it was also confirmed that former WWE and UFC Heavyweight
      champion Brock Lesnar will be appearing on the show to personally deliver
      his answer to Triple H regarding his SummerSlam challenge.

      > ARMANDO ESTRADA RELEASED FROM WWE
      - WWE has released Armando Estrada from his contract, ending his second
      stint with the company that really amounted to nothing. In a statement he
      released, Estrada said that it appears that a lot of people didn't know
      that he was still under contract, not even the WWE creative team. "I was
      only used once during that time period, making a brief cameo as Tyson
      Kidd's manager in May of last year. I was told I did a great job and to be
      patient. I have been patient for quite some time now while sitting at home
      'waiting for the call,'" he wrote. Estrada signed again with WWE in
      December 2010 after a three year run between 2005 and 2008. In the first
      year under his deal, he was in developmental, before moving to RAW to be
      the manager of the late Umaga. He made his last appearance for the company
      back then just before WrestleMania 23, being pushed in a wheelchair down
      the RAW ramp by Bobby Lashley during the Lashley vs Umaga build-up. "It's
      not fun, trust me. Numerous creative ideas/scenarios were submitted during
      my tenure and unfortunately nothing materialized for me. And although my
      talents were not utilized this time around, should I decide to return to
      WWE in the future, I firmly believe that door will be open. Timing is
      everything, not just in showbiz, but in life. Thank you to everyone in
      WWE," he added. He ended the message on a joke saying that his name is
      Armando Alejandro Estrrrrada and he'll be "making an #Impact soon HA-HA!"

      > LIVE RAW EVENT RESULTS FROM HIDALGO, TEXAS
      - W-O reader Josh attended the live WWE event in Hidalgo, Texas, yesterday
      night and sent in the following results. Sin Cara defeated Hunico; Santino
      Marella defeated Jack Swagger; Layla defeated Natalya; Christian defeated
      Cody Rhodes; Kane defeated Chris Jericho; Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio
      to retain the World Heavyweight title; Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder
      defeated The Prime Time Players; CM Punk defeated Daniel Bryan in a street
      fight; John Cena defeated Big Show in a cage match.

      > ANGELINA LOVE RELEASED FROM TNA
      - TNA Knockout Angelina Love has been released from TNA after she asked to
      be let go from her contract. The 30 year old Canadian beauty - real name
      Lauren Williams - started with TNA in 2007 and spent two years there
      before she was released. In 2010 she returned to the company but in 2012
      she was barely used. "It was completely amicable parting of ways and I
      want to thank TNA and all of its employees for the wonderful journey I've
      had there over the years," she said in a statement on Twitter. Prior to
      joining TNA, she spent three years under a developmental contract to WWE
      from 2004 to 2007 but she never made it out of Deep South Wrestling, the
      developmental territory for WWE at the title. During her time with TNA,
      Love won the TNA Knockouts title on five different occasions and the
      Knockouts Tag Team title once.