    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2012

      Monday, April 30, 2012 Issue #3706

      Last night in London and I spent it in a pub watching my favorite team
      Manchester United throwing away the league. Not a good choice to say the
      very least. Oh well...

      > EXTREME RULES PAY-PER-VIEW RESULTS
      - Here are the results from yesterday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view which
      took plece from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illionis: Santino Marella
      defeated The Miz to retain the U.S. title in the pre-show match; Randy
      Orton defeated Kane in a falls count anywhere match; Brodus Clay defeated
      Dolph Ziggler; Cody Rhodes defeated Big Show in a tables match to win the
      Intercontinental title; Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan in a 2 out of 3
      falls match to retain the World Heavyweight title; Ryback defeated Aaron
      Relic and Jay Hatton; CM Punk defeated Chris Jericho in a Chicago street
      fight to retain the WWE title; Layla defeated Nikki Bella to win the Divas
      title; John Cena defeated Brock Lesnar in an extreme rules match. You can
      read the full detailed report of the show at http://w-o.it/IOQBUq

      > THE MIZ TAKES LEAD ROLE IN THE MARINE: HOMEFRONT MOVIE
      - Former WWE champion The Miz has been chosen as the new lead star for the
      WWE Studios movie The Marine: Homefront. Miz replaces Randy Orton who was
      the original star for the movie. Orton's shady military past prompted
      several complaints from the Marines unit he served with and WWE eventually
      pulled Orton after receiving heat for their bad taste in casting. This
      will be the third installment of The Marine franchise with John Cena and
      Ted DiBiase filming the first two. The storyline for Homefront will see
      the lead star going after his kidnapped daughter. Filming is expected to
      start in June of this year for a straight-to-DVD release in 2013.

      > CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS DVD ARTWORK AND MATCH LISTINGS
      - On May 22, WWE will be releasing a new home video titled The Best of WCW
      Clash of the Champions on both DVD and Blu-Ray. The three disc DVD version
      will contain a total of 24 full matches while the two disc Blu-Ray release
      will have three extra matches. Superstars such as Ric Flair, Sting, Ivan
      Koloff, Terry Funk, Macho Man, Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Rick Rude and a ton
      of others are all featured in this must-have release. Sting and Ric Flair
      got the nod to grace the artwork of the video and you can see both the
      artwork and the full list of matches at http://w-o.it/KmqBfm

      > TRIPLE H ON RAW TONIGHT
      - Former WWE and World Heavyweight champion Triple H will be making his
      first televised appearance tonight on RAW since his defeat to the
      Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVIII. The last time we saw The Game, he was
      being helped to the back by his opponent The Undertaker and special guest
      referee Shawn Michaels following the brutal Hell In A Cell match which
      sent the Undertaker to a 20-0 winning streak at Mania. Tonight however
      Triple H will swap his wrestling attire for his business one as Triple H
      will be present when RAW GM John Laurinaitis will reveal what the
      conversation with him was all about yesterday during the Extreme Rules
      pay-per-view.

      > LAYLA WINS DIVAS TITLE IN FIRST MATCH BACK IN A YEAR
      - There's a new Divas champion in town as the returning Layla defeated
      Nikki Bella yesterday at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view. Layla has been
      out for almost one full year following a knee injury which coincidentally
      enough happened during last year's Extreme Rules show while wrestling her
      former tag team partner Michelle McCool. Layla tore both her ACL and MCL
      and required surgery to repair the problems and a long rehab process. The
      33 year old Brit wrestled last month during a Florida Championship
      Wrestling event but was kept off TV until last night, replacing Beth
      Phoenix. This is Layla's first reign as Divas champion and her second
      overall being a former Women's champion.

      > SMACKDOWN RATING
      - Smackdown last Friday night did a 1.74 rating and around 2,680,000
      viewers. That is down from last week's 1.83 and an average of 49,000
      viewers less. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online
      by PWInsider.com)