    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2012

      Saturday, April 21, 2012 Issue #3700

      I would like to welcome Pat Kilgore to our TV team on the site. He will be
      taking on TNA's IMPACT every week and his first report is already up on
      the site.

      > LESNAR TO WEAR MMA GEAR TO WRESTLE
      - The first time that Brock Lesnar will step in the ring to have his first
      match at Extreme Rules, he won't be wearing the traditional wrestling
      tights, but rather his MMA-style shorts. The former WWE and UFC champion
      will be embracing his MMA fighter career donning his shorts and gloves,
      with the shorts showing his sponsors just like any other MMA shorts.
      Lesnar is the first WWE Superstar to be allowed to show his sponsors on
      his ring gear, one of the clauses that apparently is written in his
      rumored $5 million-a-year contract. WWE released the first photos of
      Lesnar posing with his red and black MMA shorts for the website which you
      can see at http://w-o.it/IT29B9

      > WWE STUDIOS CO-FINANCING NEW MOVIE WITH IM GLOBAL
      - WWE Studios - the company's department which is bleeding the most money
      every year - is co-financing a $30 million movie with IM Global. The movie
      is titled Dead Man Down, a romantic thriller starring Colin Farrell and
      which has no WWE Superstars involved in it. It will be directed Niels
      Adren Oplev, the man behind the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie. WWE's
      involvement was announced by IM Global founder and CEO Stuart Ford and WWE
      Studios President Michael Luisi.

      > EDGE'S CONTRACT EXPIRING AT THE END OF THE MONTH
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that Edge's contract with WWE is expiring at
      the end of the month and has not been renewed as of yet. Edge retired from
      in-ring competition last year after WrestleMania but still made occasional
      appearances for WWE on television and at other events and was the
      headliner for the Hall of Fame this year. The Rated-R Superstar joined the
      WWE officially in 1997, getting a developmental deal before making his
      debut on WWE TV in June 1998. Edge is one of the most decorated WWE
      Superstars in the history of the company, winning the WWE title four
      times, the World Heavyweight title seven times, the Intercontinental title
      five times, the Tag Team title on fourteen different occasions, and the
      U.S. title once. He is also a former King of the Ring and Royal Rumble
      winner.

      > THREE STOOGES ACTOR MAKES FUN OF WWE, PUNK RESPONDS
      - Sean Hayes, one of the actors from the 'Three Stooges' movie, appeared
      on Conan's TBS show to discuss the movie and his guest appearance on
      Monday Night RAW a few weeks back. Hayes apparently was not too pleased to
      be asked to appear on RAW, calling it sarcastically a "high brow" show.
      Hayes talked about coming out and getting booed by everyone in the arena,
      made fun of Divas wrestling and everyone walking around in "speedos" and
      called it "quality television." CM Punk called Hayes - who played Larry in
      the movie - a "douche" on Twitter for his comments. "...says he was
      embarrassed to be on raw? But he's in the stooges movie?!!??"

      > STOCKS TAKE A HIT THIS WEEK
      - WWE stocks continued to take a smackdown on Wall Street, hitting new
      52-week lows for the past few days in a row. Stocks closed the trading day
      at 7.99 yesterday, down 2.04% from Thursday's closing. The trading day saw
      a new low of 7.77 a share before climbing another 20 cents. The highest
      WWE hit in the past year was 11.62 and if trading continues as it has been
      for the past week, reaching that number again will be looking like a
      massive task to accomplish. WWE's market cap as of yesterday's closing was
      $595.06 million. Meanwhile, the company will announce its Q1 2012 results
      on May 3 before the opening of the market with WWE Chairman and CEO Vince
      McMahon heading up the conference call.

      > IMPACT RATING
      - IMPACT Wrestling did a 0.96 for Thursday's show with around 1,308,000
      viewers. That is slightly down 0.02 from last week and around 85,000
      viewers less overall. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put
      online by PWInsider.com)