    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012

      Sunday, April 1, 2012 Issue #3689

      It has been a year in the making and finally it is here. WrestleMania 28,
      Cena vs Rock, live tonight!

      I imagine the atmosphere will be similar to the Hogan vs Rock match at
      WrestleMania 18 and I really do hope that Rock will "pass the torch" to
      Cena tonight. You might hate the guy, but say what you want, he IS WWE. He
      breathes, drinks, eats, sleeps WWE.

      I think you can safely put his name next to the likes of Hulk Hogan, Steve
      Austin, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Bret Hart, The Undertaker and the Rock.
      He deserves to be there. Simple as that. Love him or hate him, no one can
      deny what he did for the company. And if you do, well, I'm sorry, but
      you're simply an idiot and missing the whole overall picture.

      I will be tweeting live from the show tonight but will not be posting
      photos like yesterday as I should have my proper camera with me. If
      there's any breaking news between the time you get this and the show, the
      website will be updated accordingly and so will our social media sites.
      Just follow us!

      Enjoy the show if you're watching!

      > WRESTLEMANIA XXVIII LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIES TONIGHT
      - Live tonight from the Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, WWE
      presents the biggest show of the year, WrestleMania XXVIII, on
      pay-per-view. The full card is as follows: The Rock vs John Cena; Triple H
      vs The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match with Shawn Michaels as the
      guest referee; CM Punk vs Chris Jericho for the WWE title; Daniel Bryan vs
      Sheamus for the World Heavyweight title; Cody Rhodes vs The Big Show for
      the Intercontinental title; Randy Orton vs Kane; Kelly Kelly and Maria
      Menounos vs Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres; Team Teddy with Santino Marella,
      Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Zack Ryder, Great Khali and Booker T vs Team
      Johnny with David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz
      and Drew McIntyre in a 12-man tag team match to determine which General
      Manager takes control of both RAW and Smackdown.

      > BROCK LESNAR IN MIAMI?
      - The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Brock Lesnar arrived in Miami
      yesterday after agreeing terms with WWE to return on a limited schedule.
      Negotiations between the two parties kicked into high gear in the past few
      days as WWE scrambled to get the former WWE and UFC champion on the show
      as a last minute surprise and possibly have him involved in next year's
      WrestleMania as well. When MMA reporter Ariel Helwani asked UFC President
      Dana White if he's cool with having Lesnar on the show, White replied with
      a simple "yes," although he wasn't aware if the rumors of him appearing on
      WrestleMania are true. Lesnar's involvement is purely speculation at this
      point and one would imagine that if he were to appear at WrestleMania,
      he'll have something to do with the Rock/Cena main event. WWE is
      reportedly going to follow last year's model of announcing next year's
      WrestleMania main event one year in advance. How does Rock vs Brock sound
      for you?

      > HALL OF FAME GETS RATED-R
      - It was an emotional night for former WWE champion Edge as the Rated-R
      Superstar was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by his best friend
      Christian. In his speech, Christian said that Edge is trying to look and
      emulate him by cutting his hair and looking like "Justin Bieber just
      hitting puberty." He then asked what else he will do to be like him,
      "maybe shrink 3 inches and lose 9 World titles." Christian had to stop a
      few times when recounting his strong friendship with Edge and his tough
      times as a kid with a single parent. He then introduced Edge and the two
      embraced in a long hug. Edge filmed his own entrance with his cell phone,
      pretty funny considering he doesn't use Twitter or Facebook. Edge said
      that he was going to make fun a lot of people during his speech, which he
      did, picking on his close friends Rhyno and Lance Storm who were also in
      the audience. Edge thanked several people who contributed to his success
      including Bret and Owen Hart, "Glen and Mark," referring to Kane and the
      Undertaker, Kurt Angle, the Hardy Boys, Dudley Boyz, Mick Foley, William
      Regal, Michael PS Hayes and others. He also had a special thank you to
      Vickie Guerrero and Lita - who was sitting in front row - for their help
      in creating the Rated-R persona. He called his mom his greatest tag team
      partner and Edge had to fight back tears while talking about her. He
      thanked everyone for their support and decided to exit the stage with a
      rock song rather than the usual boring HOF song. You can see Edge being
      introduced at the ceremony at http://w-o.it/HIhbKv

      > 4 HORSEMEN INDUCTED INTO THE WWE HALL OF FAME
      - The 4 hand sign was up everywhere at the American Airlines Arena as the
      legendary group the 4 Horsemen cemented their rightful place in the WWE
      Hall of Fame. Dusty Rhodes was out first to introduce each of the five
      members. Rhodes went on to explain the greatness of each person in the
      Horsemen, calling Flair a "national treasure" and praising Arn Anderson in
      particular. After Rhodes was done, Flair, Dillon, Blanchard, Windham, and
      Anderson, all walked out to a big standing ovation and a lot of "woooos"
      from the crowd. JJ Dillon took the mic first and was over in a few minutes
      and was then followed by Ric Flair, who recounted a few stories including
      the one drinking with John Cena and getting screamed at by his then-wife
      for hanging with someone who's 30 years younger than him. Flair was pretty
      emotional and cried a bit during his speech. There was no mention of TNA
      whatsoever. Barry Windham talked next, followed by Tully Blanchard.
      Blanchard talked how he hit the lowest of lows with his father passing
      away and hitting the highest of highs being in the Hall of Fame all in one
      week. Arn Anderson was the last one to talk and got the only sole standing
      ovation from the crowd and his peers. Double A was also pretty emotional
      in his speech, talking about his family and mentoring the young WWE
      Superstars. You can see a video of their introduction to the Hall of Fame
      at http://w-o.it/H73ESn

      > BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET NOW IN THE HALL OF FAME
      - Shawn Michaels and Triple H took the funny routine when introducing
      boxing legend Mike Tyson to the Hall of Fame. HHH recounted a story of a
      few years back when there was a Tyson fight and the two had to rush to a
      nearby sports bar after a live show. They were running late and by the
      time Shawn parked the car, the fight was already over, with only HHH being
      able to see it because he jumped out. Triple H knocked on his partner some
      more then recounting the WrestleMania story when Tyson knocked out HBK
      following his match against Stone Cold. The two laughed and HBK had to
      turn around more than once to cover the fact that he was laughing in what
      was supposed to be a "serious" banter between the two. Eventually Triple H
      asked HBK to announce Tyson as apparently he's better at him in
      everything, which got a nice laugh from the crowd. Shawn ironically
      fluffed his lines and needed three tries to do it. Tyson began speaking
      and cracked some jokes of his own, saying he would have loved to be a pro
      wrestler but he never had the opportunity because he got arrested! He said
      that if he didn't work WrestleMania XIV, he would have had no house and no
      money. In closing, Tyson said he didn't know that John Cena was black
      since he does the gang signs and all that which got a huge laugh from the
      crowd as Tyson imitated Cena. Tyson also said that Dusty Rhodes was black
      too and made a remark that had the people go "ooooooooh" and he was
      immediately cut, and he ran to the back laughing!

      > SIMMONS, MASCARAS, YOKOZUNA JOIN HALL OF FAME
      - Ron Simmons, Mil Mascaras and Yokozuna were the other three inducted
      into the WWE Hall of Fame yesterday. Ron Simmons was inducted by John
      Layfield, who gave him an exceptional speech to kick off the show.
      Layfield recounted some funny stories of the two and even took a shot at
      Vince Russo who said APA would never work. Simmons was thankful for being
      inducted and toyed around with the fans before saying his trademarked
      "Damn." Alberto Del Rio inducted his uncle Mil Mascaras who came out in a
      black mask. Mascaras talked about his two wives, and how he gets to travel
      first class everywhere and stay in the nicest hotels! Meanwhile, the Usos
      inducted their uncle Yokozuna into the Hall of Fame. One of them recounted
      a story of when he was six years old and his mom told them to switch on
      the TV because his uncle was on it. "But he's Japanese," he said, as the
      crowd laughed. Rikishi - their father - accepted the honor on Yokozuna's
      behalf with Yoko's mother present as well.

      > OLD FAMILIAR FACES RETURN FOR HOF CEREMONY
      - Yesterday's Hall of Fame saw some old faces returning into the public
      eye at a WWE event for the first time in a while. Former WWE Divas
      champion Lita was there in front row between CM Punk and Randy Orton in
      support of Edge. Her former boyfriend even gave her a shout out in his
      speech. The two remained friends even after breaking up. nWo members Kevin
      Nash and Sean Waltman also showed up at the show after their appearance
      last year with Shawn Michaels. Diamond Dallas Page, Haku/Meng, The Iron
      Sheik, Jimmy Hart, Harley Race, Dustin Rhodes, Rey Mysterio, Hacksaw Jim
      Duggan, Maryse, Sunny, and others also were in attendance. Linda McMahon
      was in front row sitting next to Pat Patterson and Stephanie McMahon was
      also there. Shane McMahon was not in attendance, not even Steve Austin or
      Bret Hart. You can see two videos of the Superstars and Divas making their
      way into the arena with fans cheering - or booing - at http://w-o.it/Hy31em