    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2012

      Wednesday, March 28, 2012 Issue #3685

      Four days away baby! Unlike previous years, I will have a mobile hotspot
      with me so I will be able to tweet and post photos live from WrestleMania
      weekend. All the posts will be done on Twitter and then the "proper"
      photos posted later on Facebook and Google+ accounts.

      I will be using the Twitter account @wrestlingonline for the live stuff
      during the weekend so follow me if you haven't done already!

      > WATCH THE FULL WRESTLEMANIA PRESS CONFERENCE
      - WWE brought out the big guns earlier this afternoon for the WrestleMania
      press conference which was held at the Eden Rock Hotel in Miami Beach. The
      Rock, John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H, Beth Phoenix, and other Superstars and
      Divas were present for the press conference and some of them got to talk
      to the fans and press who turned up for the event. Michael Cole hosted the
      press conference while Matt Striker and Josh Mathews hosted the video
      feed, talking to the Superstars and Divas. Miami-Dade County Commissioner
      Jose ³Pepe² Diaz presented WWE with the Key to Miami-Dady County and
      declared March 28-April 2, 2012, as WrestleMania XXVIII Week. "Our goal is
      not only to host the WWE Universe this week, but for WWE to return to our
      community again very soon," he said. You can see the one hour event at
      http://w-o.it/HgZkxs. It starts around the 18 minute mark.

      > WRESTLEMANIA PRE-SHOW TO AIR ONLINE ON SUNDAY
      - WWE today issued a press release announcing that a WrestleMania pre-show
      will be simulcast live on YouTube, Facebook, and WWE.COM on Sunday
      starting at 6:30PM ET, 30 minutes before the show kicks off live on
      pay-per-view. Promoted as the "social media event of the year," WWE will
      also go full speed ahead with Twitter integration with Mike Tyson tweeting
      from the events he will be participating in, a Twitter face-off between
      Rock and Cena asking fans and celebrities to choose their side, either
      #TeamBringIt or #Cenation, and also uploading exclusive videos from
      WrestleMania weekend on YouTube as part of the new deal WWE has with the
      Google-owned company. Also, WWE Divas will be presenting exclusive
      coverage for the popular gossip website PerezHilton.com with tweets,
      photos, and stories from the WrestleMania VIP Party tomorrow and the WWE
      Hall of Fame ceremony on Saturday.

      > A LOOK AT THE WRESTLEMANIA STAGE INSIDE SUN LIFE STADIUM
      - WWE's production crew have been busy setting up the WrestleMania stage
      at the Sun Life Stadium for the past week and this one was no easy task.
      Apart from converting the whole stadium floor with seats, crew had to set
      up the structure that would support the sound system, lights, canopy, and
      Hell In A Cell, which will be hanging from underneath the canopy. Judging
      from a photo of the production, there will be several LED screens and palm
      trees along the main stage with the ramp not looking that long as in
      previous years. You can see a photo of the progress so far at the stage
      being built from the Sun Life Stadium at http://w-o.it/Hot3lQ

      > RAW DRAWS LOWEST RATING FOR WM GO-HOME EDITION SINCE 1997
      - Monday Night RAW this week drew a 3.04 rating off hours 2.96 and 3.12
      with an average of 4,443,000 viewers. Considering this was the go-home
      edition before WrestleMania, it has to be considered a very disappointing
      number. The show did 61,000 more viewers than last week but a just
      slightly less rating. Compared to last year's go-home edition, the rating
      dropped by 0.8 and it's the lowest number for RAW going into WrestleMania
      since 1997. Meanwhile, the Rock vs Cena Once in a Lifetime special on USA
      that aired before RAW did a 1.59 rating with 2,134,000 viewers. (Ratings
      compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > ORTON TO STAR IN THE MARINE 3 MOVIE
      - Randy Orton will be the star of the third installment of the Marine
      movie franchise from WWE Studios. "Looks like I'll be filming a movie in
      the summer, Marine 3," Orton wrote on his Twitter. "Always have wanted to
      do an action movie, and I'm finally getting the chance." Orton follows
      John Cena and Ted DiBiase to play the leading role, which this time
      involves trying to rescue a kidnapped daughter. Movie will start
      production in mid June in Vancouver, Canada, and will be released straight
      to DVD. The Marine franchise is one of the three movies WWE Studios has a
      deal for with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

      > MARIA MENOUNOS SUFFERING FROM TWO BROKEN RIBS
      - WrestleMania celebrity Maria Menounos is suffering from two broken ribs
      thanks to her involvement with Dancing With The Stars television show. The
      Extra host will be teaming up with Kelly Kelly to take on the Divas
      champion Beth Phoenix and Eve at WrestleMania, and with two broken ribs it
      will be interesting to see how she will be physically involved. Despite
      her injury, Menounos will make it to WrestleMania and yesterday wrote on
      Twitter that she "wouldn't miss it."

      > DIXIE CARTER COMMENTS ON FLAIR'S HALL OF FAME INVOLVEMENT
      - TNA President Dixie Carter has given Ric Flair her blessing to appear at
      the WWE Hall of Fame this Saturday as both WWE and TNA reached an
      agreement over Flair's involvement on WWE TV during the weekend. "We are
      proud of Ric's many accomplishments and contributions he has made to the
      world of professional wrestling and beyond. We wish to congratulate him on
      yet another honor he truly deserves," Carter said in a press release
      issued by Flair's agents. "Understanding what a huge honor this is for
      Flair, TNA is graciously supporting him in the decision to attend the Hall
      of Fame ceremony alongside his fellow inductees," read the press release.
      "Being inducted once was one of the greatest accomplishments of my career,
      so I'm humbled and honored to be recognized again. I wouldn't miss the
      ceremony for the world,² added Flair, who made his intentions known a few
      months ago that he would be appearing one way or another.