    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012

      Sunday, March 4, 2012 Issue #3672

      Okay, so the latest version of W-O News for iPhone has been approved but
      there seems to be a problem with those who upgrade who are not using the
      Apple iOS 5.0. If you are not using 5.0, do not upgrade, and wait for the
      fix which will be out next week.

      If you are using 5.0, you can go ahead and upgrade now as there are no
      problems with that. Anything less than 5.0 it seems that it's crashing
      every time you try to load a story.

      > NY POST SAYS WWE NETWORK HAS NO SINGLE DEAL IN PLACE
      - The WWE Network was supposed to launch on the day of WrestleMania
      however it was then pushed back for Fall of this year. While WWE officials
      say that everything is moving accordingly, a news story on the New York
      Post suggest otherwise. In an article published on Thursday however, the
      Post reports that WWE has yet to ink a single deal with a cable or
      satellite TV provider to carry their own channel which is a big problem if
      WWE is hoping to launch it this year. "WWE has the programming and
      marketing muscle, but they just have no one with cable experience who can
      execute for them," said one cable executive. The report suggests that WWE
      is trying to hire up to 200 people to man the network including a GM with
      enough cable experience to run the channel on day to day basis. A WWE
      spokesman said that the company is in active negotiations with different
      providers and has defended the staff saying that they have seasoned
      veterans from ESPN, WB, Viacom, Fox and Discovery working for them. "We
      are confident that WWE Network will be well received given our proven
      track record of developing top-rated PG cable programming," the spokesman
      added.

      > DETAILS AND TRAILER FOR EDGE'S NEW DVD
      - On April 10, WWE will be releasing a new Edge home video titled "You
      Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge" on both DVD and Blu-Ray. The DVD
      version will contain three discs while the high-def version of the title
      will contain two, with more extras on the Blu-Ray edition. There will be
      twelve full matches in total along with the usual sit-down documentary
      that usually runs for two hours. Matches include the ones against Eddie
      Guerrero, John Cena, Matt Hardy, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and others.
      You can see the full list of features as well as a trailer and artwork for
      the disc at http://w-o.it/ymqard

      > INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE UP FOR GRABS AT WRESTLEMANIA
      - The fifth match for WrestleMania was made official on Smackdown this
      past Friday with the Intercontinental title up for grabs as Big Show
      battles Cody Rhodes. This match will hopefully be longer for the Big Show
      as last year he was in an eight man tag team match that lasted a total of
      95 seconds. Cody Rhodes had a better outing on that night, defeating Rey
      Mysterio in a twelve minute encounter. Show vs Rhodes joins Cena vs Rock,
      Taker vs HHH, Punk vs Jericho, and Bryan vs Sheamus as the matches which
      are officially announced so far.

      > TRIPLE H SIGNS NEW $1 MILLION A YEAR WWE DEAL
      - Ever wondered what a WWE contract looks like? In the latest WWE SEC
      filing, WWE published the contract of Triple H which was amended in
      December 22 of last year. Renewed till March 30, 2016, Triple H is now
      getting a cool $1,000,000 per year for his services which as a wrestler do
      not exceed 180 days a year, or 15 dates per month. The contract was signed
      by John Laurinaitis, Vice President of Talent Relations. Vince McMahon,
      who himself is signed to a contract till December 2013, gets $1,100,000
      per year plus additional bonuses. You can read the full contract at
      http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/Cache/c12816842.html

      > BARRETT OUT FOR LONGER THAN EXPECTED
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that Wade Barrett will be out more than the
      original eight weeks projected and is now scheduled to be on the sidelines
      for up to 4 months. Barrett underwent surgery this week and after he was
      opened up the injury was discovered to be worse than it was originally
      reported. He suffered a partial dislocation of his left elbow on the
      February 20 edition of RARW after he went to catch Ziggler who was thrown
      by the Big Show over the top rope.

      > DOUG FURNAS PASSES AWAY
      - It has been confirmed that former wrestler Doug Furnas has passed away
      in his sleep at the age of 50 two days ago. Furnas - an Oklahoma native -
      wrestled for WCW, AJPW, ECW and then went on to wrestle for WWE along with
      his tag team partner Phil Lafond, who wrestled under the name of Dan
      Kroffat. The duo made their WWE debut at the Survivor Series in 1996
      however their WWE stint was short lived and they went back to ECW where
      they won the the tag team titles in 1997. Furnas was diagnosed with
      Parkison's Disease a few years ago.

      > IMPACT RATING
      - IMPACT on Thursday night did a 0.99 rating with 1,333,000 viewers. That
      is down from the 1.19 of the previous week and around a quarter of a
      million viewers less overall. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research
      and put online by PWInsider.com)