    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2012

      Tuesday, February 28, 2012 Issue #3670

      How cool was that RAW? Great opening from Punk vs Jericho. This will be a
      great wrestling match at WrestleMania. And then Rock comes back, and sadly
      gets kinda owned again by Cena. Ouch! I laughed throughout the promo but
      last week, I thought Cena's interview was more effective and the fact that
      Cena had a chance to reply again - quickly - to the Rock yesterday gave
      him the upper hand again.

      Anyway, if you use Twitter and like MMA, please start following our MMA
      account at http://twitter.com/wonlinemma which will be managed by our main
      MMA/UFC reporter David Comer. You will be seeing more MMA news on the site
      and David is already doing live detailed coverage of each pay-per-view on
      the site. So yes, follow us as well on http://twitter.com/wonlinemma .
      Thanks.

      > THE ROCK HARSHLY PICKS ON CENA FAN AFTER RAW ENDS
      - The Rock kept kicking ass following the end of Monday Night RAW
      yesterday and did another five minute promo to fans inside the arena. He
      told the crowd that when he was a kid he used to live in the city and go
      to school in the city while his dad wrestled for the Pacific Northwest
      which obviously resulted in big cheers from the crowd. He then proceeded
      to tell the Portland crowd something that he didn't have time to do it
      live and went through his "finally..." line. The Rock then saw a guy
      wearing Cena's Rise Above Hate t-shirt and asked him his name and age. The
      guy replied saying he was 21 and The Rock introduced him as the 21 year
      old virgin and told him the last time he saw pie was when he came out from
      his mother's birth canal. He then told him to "rise above the people's
      nuts" as the crowd went ooooooh! Rocky noticed a a small kid in front row
      and apologized for his remarks. He exited the ring and asked him his name
      and told him to not to listen to him as the crowd laughed. He then
      instructed the crowd to chant the kid's name to make up for it! You can
      see the full hilarious video of this exchange at http://w-o.it/z2UNhO

      > A CLOSER LOOK AT THE ROCK'S HAND CHEAT SHEET
      - High-definition television is beautiful however just as much as you can
      see The Rock's goosebumps on your screen, it's a bit hard not to also miss
      he had notes written on his hand for his long promo that closed RAW
      yesterday night. Yes, The Rock had a little cheat sheet on his hand not to
      forget what he had to say and television cameras picked it up clearly. To
      make matters worse, John Cena called him out on it in front of the whole
      world, something that looked like threw The Rock a little off guard
      considering his facial expression and stumbling on his words afterward.
      Cena has often said that The Rock doesn't come up with his promos and has
      to rely on his friend and RAW writer Brian Gewirtz to deliver the goods.
      Yesterday's remark seemed like it was a surprise and not part of the
      script as Johnson had to recover even though the crowd didn't react to the
      reveal of the handwritten note. The Rock's notes on his hand included "KPC
      to KPB," "Fight 4 them," "Innovator - Camo," "2 reasons," and "Call out,"
      among others. You can see a screenshot of it at http://w-o.it/zbKqwb

      > GENERAL MANAGERS TO SWITCH SIDES FOR A WEEK
      - WWE.COM announced that next week, the two General Managers will switch
      brandsĀŠbut only for a week to "help determine which General Manager should
      control both shows." This means that Teddy Long will be in charge of RAW
      from Boston which has appearances from The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H,
      and Shawn Michaels all in one night for the first time since the Attitude
      Era. John Laurinaitis will have control of the Smackdown show that will
      tape on Tuesday and air on Friday which has appearances from...none of the
      above mentioned!

      > WWE ANNOUNCES RECORD BUSINESS IN ABU DHABI
      - WWE issued a press release announcing that the company has set the
      highest attendance record for a single event, the highest attendance
      record for a series of three entertainment events, and the highest average
      spend per person on merchandise for a single event for their recent three
      day tour in Abu Dhabi. Over 16,000 fans saw the shows back-to-back at the
      International Tennis Complex earlier this month and the big welcome they
      received was enough for the company to set up another tour of the United
      Arab Emirates in 2013. "The success of our record-breaking Abu Dhabi live
      events demonstrates the power of the WWE brand in the United Arab
      Emirates," said Ed Wells, Managing Director and Senior Vice President of
      WWE International. "We look forward to returning in 2013 and announcing
      further business developments over the coming months."

      > MEET THE CAST OF WWE LEGENDS HOUSE
      - The cast for the WWE Legends House which is currently taping for the
      upcoming WWE Network was revealed when TMZ posted a video of the eight WWE
      Legends taking a Zumba class. The eight participants are Jimmy Hart, Roddy
      Piper, Hillbilly Jim, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Pat Patterson, Mean Gene
      Okerlund, Howard Finkel, and Tony Atlas. While all of them could wrestle -
      or manage and announce - back in their glory days, one thing is for sure,
      none of them can dance to save their own life. You can watch the video at
      http://w-o.it/AwDTYI

      > LIVE WWE EVENT REPORT FROM 02/24 IN LOS ANGELES, CA.
      - W-O reader Harold J. Washington, Jr., attended the live WWE event in Los
      Angeles, California at the STAPLES Center last Friday and sent in the
      following results: Brodus Clay defeated David Otunga; Ryback defeated Alex
      Riley; Beth Phoenix defeated Nikki Bella; Jack Swagger defeated R-Truth
      and The Miz; Chris Jericho defeated Kofi Kingston; Primo and Epico
      defeated Santino Marella and Mason Ryan; John Cena defeated Kane in Last
      Man Standing match; CM Punk defeated Dolph Ziggler. A full report from the
      event can be read at http://www.wrestling-online.com

      > KEIBLER ATTENDS ACADEMY AWARDS WITH CLOONEY
      - Former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler attender her first Academy Awards on
      Sunday accompanying her boyfriend and Academy Award nominee George
      Clooney. Keibler rocked a gold dress from the Marchesa brand and joins the
      likes of Rihanna, Eva Longoria, Sandra Bullock, Halle Berry and other
      actresses and singers who used that particular high-end brand for the red
      carpet and award shows. Clooney ended up going home empty handed but it
      sure wasn't a bad night for him walking with the 32 year old blond
      bombshell. You can see five photos from her red carpet arrival and a video
      at http://w-o.it/z96ilJ