    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2012

      Thursday, February 2, 2012 Issue #3655

      We're looking for someone who can write UFC pay-per-view reports similar to
      what we have going on for wrestling shows. If you're interested please send
      me an e-mail. Thanks.

      > LEGENDS HOUSE TO START FILMING THIS WEEK
      - WWE will begin filming the Legends House reality show for their upcoming
      WWE Network this week as eight WWE Legends will enter a 2-acre mansion in
      the neighborhood of the Tamarisk Country Club this week in Rancho Mirage,
      California. Daniel Watson, General Manager of the McLean Co. Rentals, which
      manages the property for its owners, said that production crew are expected
      to stay at the house through March 31. Watson acknowledged that his company
      was hesitant about asking the owners of the house - which belonged to the
      late comic actor Harpo Marx - about the possibility of renting it to WWE for
      the show. "There was a little hesitancy on our part when we asked the owners
      of the home because of the wrestling tie, but everyone has been very
      supportive and excited to see this show happen here," Watson said. Kelly
      McLean, Vice President of McLean Co. Rentals, gave The Desert Sun newspaper
      a first look at the property which consists of eight rooms, six in the main
      house and two in the casita, and features a pool, Jacuzzi, and volleyball
      and tennis courts. It was built in 1954. You can see the video of the house
      and its surrounding area at http://w-o.it/x637nY

      > FIVE ILLEGAL WWE STREAMING SITES SHUT DOWN
      - U.S. government law enforcement agencies shut down sixteen websites that
      streamed live sports illegally including five that carried WWE broadcasts.
      The government also seized the domains which are sportswwe.net,
      sportswwe.tv, sportswwe.com, youwwe.com and youwwe.net. In a story published
      by Reuters, the man who ran the websites is 28 year old Yonjo Quiroa and he
      ran them from his home in Comstock Park, Michigan. He is facing one count of
      criminal infringement of a copyright. The bust came after a U.S. Department
      of Homeland Security enforcement agent posing as a WWE representative last
      week offered to buy various domain names associated with the defendant, and
      received a response offering to "make a deal."

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW pulled a 3.6 rating off hours 3.6 and 3.5 with an average
      of 5,221,000 viewers. The fall-out from Royal Rumble clearly sparked some
      interest in casual fans as the show had an increase of 0.4 from the previous
      week and over 600,000 more viewers in total. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE HIRES NEW SVP OF CREATIVE AND DEVELOPMENT
      - Variety is reporting that WWE has hired former Reveille and Warner Bros.
      executive Eric Pankowski as the new Senior Vice President of Creative and
      Development. His new job will see him tackle all TV creative development,
      including reality and kids programming and manage WWE's creative writing
      teams and oversee the sale of programming to networks, studios and other
      distributors. "Eric is a creative veteran whose knowledge and experience
      will be a tremendous asset in both the creation of new WWE content as well
      as enhancing our core product," said Stephanie McMahon, Pankowski's new
      boss.

      > WWE'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL RELAUNCHED
      - WWE relaunched the YouTube channel yesterday as part of their original
      content agreement which was announced back in late last year. The first
      episodes of some of the original shows announced have been uploaded and are
      available for viewing for WWE fans worldwide. The WWE YouTube page has been
      redesigned with playlists for WWE Classics, Monday Night RAW, Smackdown and
      NXT joining the new shows. There are almost 7,000 WWE videos on the YouTube
      channel which is located at http://www.youtube.com/user/WWEFanNation.

      > LONDON IMPACT TO AIR TONIGHT ON SPIKE TV
      - Spike TV will air tonight the first of the two IMPACT shows that were
      taped this past weekend in London, England, at the Wembley Arena in front of
      a record crowd. This was the first time that TNA taped IMPACT outside of the
      United States and the decision to hold it in London was a big home run with
      thousands of fans turning up to break the attendance record for a TNA show.
      The two shows saw the return of Hulk Hogan to the country for the first time
      in almost two decades as well as what was billed as Sting's last match in
      the UK.