    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21 2:20 PM

      Friday, October 21 2011 Issue #3606

      I watched ESPN's E:60 documentary on Scott Hall yesterday. Shocking. Sad.
      Heartbreaking. It was really, really sad to see him in that state. It's just
      mind blowing to watch how he went from who he was to this and the doc shows
      a fantastic contrast from his peak to being basically fighting not to die.
      Watch it, because you really have to see it to believe it. Amazing stuff.
      Link is in the news.

      - TNA original James Storm defeated Kurt Angle during yesterday's IMPACT
      Wrestling television show and became the new TNA World Heavyweight champion.
      Storm and Angle fought in the main event in a very short match due to the
      injuries of Angle. Angle beat down Storm for a couple of minutes in the
      corner and then Storm hit the super kick out of nowhere and covered the
      Olympic gold medalist for the pinfall. This was Storm's first ever World
      title challenge ever since he joined the company since its creation in 2002.
      His Fortune team mates Kazarian, Bobby Roode and AJ Styles then celebrated
      in the ring with him and with the help of beer. Storm then grabbed the mic
      and told his tag team partner Bobby Roode - who was supposed to win the
      title against Angle last Sunday - that the belt belongs to him and handed it
      over. Roode then said that he agreed with everyone in here that it's Storm
      who deserves it and wrapped the title around his waist as the four
      celebrated in the ring. You can see the full segment at http://w-o.it/nWCHuh

      - Gail Kim returned to TNA Wrestling during yesterday's IMPACT Wrestling
      television show three years after departing the company. Kim was last seen
      on television on the August 1 Monday Night RAW where she eliminated herself
      in seconds during the Divas battle royal. Her disappearance from the match
      wasn't even noticed and later on Twitter she said that several Divas were
      instructed to eliminate each other within one minute and she decided to end
      it quickly herself. She later claimed that she quit WWE but the company
      didn't give her her release, opting to let her sit at home while her
      contract expired at the end of September.

      - Spike TV announced that Jersey Shore's Ronnie Ortiz-Magro will be making
      his TNA Wrestling debut on Thursday, November 3. The announcement came
      through a press release, adding that he will be appearing on two episodes
      that will tape on October 26 from The Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia.
      Ortiz is the third Jersey Shore personality to appear on TNA's programming
      after J-Woww and Angelina Pivarnick.

      - ESPN produced a twenty minute documentary on Scott Hall which takes a
      shocking look at the former WWE and WCW Superstar and his drug and alcohol
      addictions. Hall noted that both his parents and grandparents were alcoholic
      and it was only a matter of time before he followed. He recounted a story
      that while working at a strip club he point blank shot and killed a man
      after the two wrestled with their guns and was later charged with 2nd degree
      murder. The case was eventually dismissed because of insufficient evidence.
      X-Pac, Hulk Hogan, his ex wife Dana, Eric Bischoff, his son Cody, Kevin
      Nash, Stephanie McMahon, Justin Credible and Top Rope Promotions' promoter
      were all interviewed for this excellent documentary which also revealed how
      his battle with cocaine, alcohol and pain killers led to his divorce in 1998
      and landed him ten times to rehab. It is quite a sad look at Hall who was
      very emotional throughout the piece and the effect he left on his family.
      You can see it in full at http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7124904

      - Former WWE champion Mick Foley will be returning to WWE television at the
      November 14 three hour Monday Night RAW from Boston, Massachusetts. The
      hardcore legend will be there along with his former tag team partner The
      Rock for the final Survivor Series push which takes place the following
      Sunday in New York's Madison Square Garden. He last appeared on WWE TV on
      August 1, 2008, after he was attacked by Edge while he was doing Smackdown
      commentary. He departed WWE a month later and joined TNA immediately

      - WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Brisco suffered a stroke on Wednesday while he was
      en route to Mexico to do some talent scout work for WWE according to fellow
      Hall of Famer Jim Ross. His son changed destinations from airport to
      hospital and Brisco was lucky that he wasn't the one driving the car when
      the symptoms kicked in. "I assure you that Jerry Brisco is a fighter and
      when I talked to him this week nothing was ever more evident," wrote JR.
      Ross said that more tests have to be done to determine the cause of the
      problem. This is not the first time that Brisco suffered a stroke as in 2009
      he suffered three which ended his job as a WWE producer. Brisco has been a
      WWE employee since 1984 and is now a talent scout for the company.

      - Hugo Savinovich, the 52 year old one half of the WWE Spanish announce team
      announced that he will be retiring and leaving WWE after spending fourteen
      years with the company. Savinovich was told a few weeks ago that he would
      not be appearing on WWE television anymore and his services were not going
      to be required anymore, a decision that made him sad, but still respected
      it. He thanked Vince McMahon and his family for allowing him to work for
      their company and rehiring him after he did drugs and was jailed. Savinovich
      was married to former wrestler and Hall of Famer Wendi Richter.